Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Admins Suck - Page 50

Re: Admins Suck

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-12-17 21:07:25
Right now I'm trying to find out about non-Microsoft stuff, to see what the competition is like.

Opera's kinda badass
Chrome is also up there
Firefox is pretty cool
Safari… is alright I guess
SeaMonkey is like Firefox but it has a bunch of other stuff thrown in too, like an HTML editor and IRC client

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-17 21:08:48

Right now I'm trying to find out about non-Microsoft stuff, to see what the competition is like.

Opera's kinda badass
Chrome is also up there
Firefox is pretty cool
Safari… is alright I guess

Yeah, I can't wait to download 'em all and check them out.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-17 21:29:56

SeaMonkey is like Firefox but it has a bunch of other stuff thrown in too, like an HTML editor and IRC client

How stable is the said IRC client? Is it more stable than say, MIRC?

Date: 2009-12-17 21:33:39
The IRC client included in Seamonkey is Chatzilla, which is also available as an extension for Firefox. I can't really tell you much about Chatzilla because I don't use it.

Date: 2009-12-17 21:55:02
Wow, I think I like Firefox better than IE…

Hey, I spelled 'better' bettr, and it noticed! This is really great! Everything seems quicker, and I just like the … feel of Firefox better.

Now, I'm going to try Chrome.

Date: 2009-12-17 22:23:30
Interestingly, I've noticed Youtube video quality is different in every browser I've used. In IE the quality is especially horrible. Even in high quality. In Chrome the video looks smoother and more refined. Firefox is similar though I'm not sure to what extent. As for the others, I don't really know.

Fuck, they fixed the lack of quality IE had. Yet another attempt to have people stick with fucking IE.

Also my webdesign instructor was stupid because said IE was the best and if we presented our site in Firefox, it was an automatic F. That instructor was a real bitch that didn't know anything. I hope she gets a viruse through IE. That'll teach her to use IE.

Date: 2009-12-17 22:36:19
F is for… Firefox?

Present it in Chrome

Date: 2009-12-17 22:40:28

Present it in Chrome

Just downloaded that

Right now I have:

Date: 2009-12-18 00:19:03

Present it in Chrome

Just downloaded that

Right now I have:

[li]IE 8[/li]
    [li]Firefox 5.6[/li]
    [li]Opera 10.10[/li]
    [li]Seamonkey 2.01[/li]
    [li]Chrome 3.0.195.38[/li]

IE 7 is probably a bit better than IE 8. Mainly because I've heard that 8 has compatibility issues or something along those lines. (they may have already fixed it but I'm not sure.)

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-18 00:52:24

Present it in Chrome

Just downloaded that

Right now I have:

[li]IE 8[/li]
    [li]Firefox 5.6[/li]
    [li]Opera 10.10[/li]
    [li]Seamonkey 2.01[/li]
    [li]Chrome 3.0.195.38[/li]

…what?

Date: 2009-12-18 05:32:02
Oops, missed a number when I was typing

*fixes*

Anyways, I just need to download Safari, and I'll have all of the major ones (I know there has to be plenty of offshots).

Date: 2009-12-18 09:38:33

F is for… Firefox?

Present it in Chrome

She doesn't like Chrome either nor does she like any of the other web browsers you mentioned.

Date: 2009-12-18 13:58:22

F is for… Firefox?

Present it in Chrome

She doesn't like Chrome either nor does she like any of the other web browsers you mentioned.

She was like me as recent as a day ago: close-minded.

Now Firefox is my favorite browser, and, out of all the browsers I've used, IE is dead last.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-18 18:13:42

Interestingly, I've noticed Youtube video quality is different in every browser I've used. In IE the quality is especially horrible. Even in high quality. In Chrome the video looks smoother and more refined. Firefox is similar though I'm not sure to what extent. As for the others, I don't really know.

f**k, they fixed the lack of quality IE had. Yet another attempt to have people stick with fucking IE.

Also my webdesign instructor was stupid because said IE was the best and if we presented our site in Firefox, it was an automatic F. That instructor was a real b***h that didn't know anything. I hope she gets a viruse through IE. That'll teach her to use IE.
Keep in mind that anything that works in IE should work in pretty much any other browser.

Date: 2009-12-18 19:31:25

f**k, they fixed the lack of quality IE had. Yet another attempt to have people stick with fucking IE.

Also my webdesign instructor was stupid because said IE was the best and if we presented our site in Firefox, it was an automatic F. That instructor was a real b***h that didn't know anything. I hope she gets a viruse through IE. That'll teach her to use IE.
Keep in mind that anything that works in IE should work in pretty much any other browser.

How much web design experience do you have?