Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Admins Suck - Page 51

Re: Admins Suck

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-18 19:42:08

Interestingly, I've noticed Youtube video quality is different in every browser I've used. In IE the quality is especially horrible. Even in high quality. In Chrome the video looks smoother and more refined. Firefox is similar though I'm not sure to what extent. As for the others, I don't really know.

f**k, they fixed the lack of quality IE had. Yet another attempt to have people stick with fucking IE.

Also my webdesign instructor was stupid because said IE was the best and if we presented our site in Firefox, it was an automatic F. That instructor was a real b***h that didn't know anything. I hope she gets a viruse through IE. That'll teach her to use IE.
Keep in mind that anything that works in IE should work in pretty much any other browser.

How much web design experience do you have?
None, pretty much. But that is pretty much what I have seen.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-12-18 19:57:57
Here's a fun tip for all you fellow Linux/BSD/Unix-based OS whatever users: Install the bsd-games package, then type "sl | col" or "rain | col" into a terminal.
You'll shit bricks.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-18 20:24:13
Hey Abwayax, how does windows 7 feel? do you think its as good as XP? If so I might get a new laptop with it as an operating system. This ones just about hit the shit bucket.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-18 20:32:51

Here's a fun tip for all you fellow Linux/BSD/Unix-based OS whatever users: Install the bsd-games package, then type "sl | col" or "rain | col" into a terminal.
You'll shit bricks.

I've done that before, and that is just epic. :)

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-18 21:35:40
Peppy: DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

CD-I Ganon: Or else you will DIE!!

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-18 22:01:41
I propose that this thread be renamed The Topiclessman's Guide, 2d Edition.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-18 22:11:47
I mention that part of the epicness of Admins Sucks comes from its title.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-18 22:13:17

I propose that this thread be renamed The Topiclessman's Guide, 2d Edition.

I second that.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-12-18 22:32:43

You'll shit bricks.

And if that doesn't satisfy one's lust for mindfuck, try installing aalib and doing this:
aafire -random 255 -driver curses | pig

AYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAY

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-18 23:49:55
I just saw Avatar, and it was the best 8 bucks I've ever spent in my entire life. It is EPIC. I haven't seen a better movie since The Matrix. The 3D doesn't push the movie into your face, it pushes your face into the movie. Seriously people! If you have the time, money and means GO SEE IT. NOW. I give it two thumbs and a blue tail up.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-19 00:02:58

I just saw Avatar, and it was the best 8 bucks I've ever spent in my entire life. It is EPIC. I haven't seen a better movie since The Matrix. The 3D doesn't push the movie into your face, it pushes your face into the movie. Seriously people! If you have the time, money and means GO SEE IT. NOW. I give it two thumbs and a blue tail up.
A 3D movie that actually makes you feel like you're there? That's interesting…

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-19 02:33:23
I… feel really weird….

Ugh…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-19 05:21:19
My brother just woke me up to go to the den so we could both go on computers and talk. It's 6 AM here, and nobody's up. It's awesome when we do this. Sometimes we get my other brother as well.

Also, I've never really got how electronic activities are bad for social activity. As long as there's someone else in the room, I find it very easy to generate discussion about the game being played or the video being watched, or whatever. Just from my experience.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-19 08:12:00

My brother just woke me up to go to the den so we could both go on computers and talk. It's 6 AM here, and nobody's up. It's awesome when we do this. Sometimes we get my other brother as well.

Also, I've never really got how electronic activities are bad for social activity. As long as there's someone else in the room, I find it very easy to generate discussion about the game being played or the video being watched, or whatever. Just from my experience.

Sounds awesome. Me and my brother sometimes do that too, but we mostly talk about school and teachers (we are only a grade level apart). Fortunately, his Pokémon and gaming interest is pretty similar to mine, although he doesn't like glitching that much. Actually, he has a YouTube page (if you really want to see it, all you have to do is go to my page- you shouldn't have trouble finding it), but he doesn't post videos- he just listens to music.

Oh, I also forgot, we can't both go on the Internet at the same time either, because only one computer in the house can connect. Fucked up, ain't it? Before I bought this computer back in April (with my own money, mind you), I had no Internet in my house.

And ya, I second you about the whole social experience thing. As long as you find someone to talk to, you're good. I have friends who also play video games, and one day (before Internet and when I was noobish at glitches), I asked them to come over and help me with the Mew Trick of Cereulean.(lol, spelled wrong) Anyways, they stayed over for 3-4 hours (this was a school night, too), and we had a blast- snacks, gaming, and just general fun. Anyone who would've seen us couldn't tell me that video games don't promote social activity- in that case, they promoted it.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-19 09:27:08

Sounds awesome. Me and my brother sometimes do that too, but we mostly talk about school and teachers (we are only a grade level apart). Fortunately, his Pokémon and gaming interest is pretty similar to mine, although he doesn't like glitching that much. Actually, he has a YouTube page (if you really want to see it, all you have to do is go to my page- you shouldn't have trouble finding it), but he doesn't post videos- he just listens to music.

Oh, I also forgot, we can't both go on the Internet at the same time either, because only one computer in the house can connect. Fucked up, ain't it? Before I bought this computer back in April (with my own money, mind you), I had no Internet in my house.

And ya, I second you about the whole social experience thing. As long as you find someone to talk to, you're good. I have friends who also play video games, and one day (before Internet and when I was noobish at glitches), I asked them to come over and help me with the Mew Trick of Cereulean.(lol, spelled wrong) Anyways, they stayed over for 3-4 hours (this was a school night, too), and we had a blast- snacks, gaming, and just general fun. Anyone who would've seen us couldn't tell me that video games don't promote social activity- in that case, they promoted it.
Sounds dudeish. Maybe you could tell your brother to get a Netbook if you need more computers. You can get a good one for about $300. Or a DSi, for that matter.