Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

Admins Suck - Page 52

Re: Admins Suck

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-12-19 10:38:20

My brother just woke me up to go to the den so we could both go on computers and talk. It's 6 AM here, and nobody's up. It's awesome when we do this. Sometimes we get my other brother as well.

Also, I've never really got how electronic activities are bad for social activity. As long as there's someone else in the room, I find it very easy to generate discussion about the game being played or the video being watched, or whatever. Just from my experience.

Sounds awesome. Me and my brother sometimes do that too, but we mostly talk about school and teachers (we are only a grade level apart). Fortunately, his Pokémon and gaming interest is pretty similar to mine, although he doesn't like glitching that much. Actually, he has a YouTube page (if you really want to see it, all you have to do is go to my page- you shouldn't have trouble finding it), but he doesn't post videos- he just listens to music.

Oh, I also forgot, we can't both go on the Internet at the same time either, because only one computer in the house can connect. Fucked up, ain't it? Before I bought this computer back in April (with my own money, mind you), I had no Internet in my house.

And ya, I second you about the whole social experience thing. As long as you find someone to talk to, you're good. I have friends who also play video games, and one day (before Internet and when I was noobish at glitches), I asked them to come over and help me with the Mew Trick of Cereulean.(lol, spelled wrong) Anyways, they stayed over for 3-4 hours (this was a school night, too), and we had a blast- snacks, gaming, and just general fun. Anyone who would've seen us couldn't tell me that video games don't promote social activity- in that case, they promoted it.
Sounds dudeish. Maybe you could tell your brother to get a Netbook if you need more computers. You can get a good one for about $300. Or a DSi, for that matter.

Do you know how slow the DSi browser is? Mine crashed on the forum stats page so badly it wouldn't even turn off. It's great for gaming, not for surfing the web. But yeah, the people who say electronics are bad for socializing are out of their minds. I've had tons of great times with my friend playing everything from Pokemon to Ratchet and Clank. If I didn't like Pokemon I wouldn't be actually sitting with people at school. Today my autistic cousin might actually play Pokemon with me - for years he wouldn't even look me in the eye. In essence, video games are just as good as watching TV or playing a board game.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-19 12:11:16

My brother just woke me up to go to the den so we could both go on computers and talk. It's 6 AM here, and nobody's up. It's awesome when we do this. Sometimes we get my other brother as well.

Also, I've never really got how electronic activities are bad for social activity. As long as there's someone else in the room, I find it very easy to generate discussion about the game being played or the video being watched, or whatever. Just from my experience.

Sounds awesome. Me and my brother sometimes do that too, but we mostly talk about school and teachers (we are only a grade level apart). Fortunately, his Pokémon and gaming interest is pretty similar to mine, although he doesn't like glitching that much. Actually, he has a YouTube page (if you really want to see it, all you have to do is go to my page- you shouldn't have trouble finding it), but he doesn't post videos- he just listens to music.

Oh, I also forgot, we can't both go on the Internet at the same time either, because only one computer in the house can connect. Fucked up, ain't it? Before I bought this computer back in April (with my own money, mind you), I had no Internet in my house.

And ya, I second you about the whole social experience thing. As long as you find someone to talk to, you're good. I have friends who also play video games, and one day (before Internet and when I was noobish at glitches), I asked them to come over and help me with the Mew Trick of Cereulean.(lol, spelled wrong) Anyways, they stayed over for 3-4 hours (this was a school night, too), and we had a blast- snacks, gaming, and just general fun. Anyone who would've seen us couldn't tell me that video games don't promote social activity- in that case, they promoted it.
Sounds dudeish. Maybe you could tell your brother to get a Netbook if you need more computers. You can get a good one for about $300. Or a DSi, for that matter.

He won't buy a Netbook when he knows he can just use my computer. That was my main objection when I bought this laptop- I didn't want it to become a home computer, which, unfortunately, it has.

And a DSi wouldn't solve the problem- my brother loves playing ROM hacks.
In a related question, does anyone know if Koolboyman will finish Pokémon Prism? My brother loved that hack, but it hasn't been updated in forever. Has he given up on it?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-19 14:43:16
http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=1659825399&bclid=1716449804&bctid=58062656001&cxntlid=thbz_hm
wtf
A drunk 4 year old guy stole presents, on of which was a girls dress, of which he put on

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-12-19 17:51:54

http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=1659825399&bclid=1716449804&bctid=58062656001&cxntlid=thbz_hm
wtf
A drunk 4 year old guy stole presents, on of which was a girls dress, of which he put on

I can't believe this! This was totally fucking ridiculous! Fucking little shit trying to be like his dad.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-12-20 01:42:20
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=586631&topic=48371931

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-12-20 12:24:37

wtf

Terrible mother.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-20 19:35:21
I come back to see 6 moderator reports. Gosh…

Date: 2009-12-20 22:58:33

Speaking of which, how do I view these reports?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-12-21 06:00:54

If you can't, you're probably not meant to be able to.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-21 13:06:23

But he's a mod. He's SUPPOSED to.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-12-21 13:07:15

He's a local mod.  Maybe the reports are on boards outside his jurisdiction.

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-12-21 13:08:50

I really don't get this whole "Local Moderator" thing….

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-12-21 19:33:58

I really don't get this whole "Local Moderator" thing….

It's just a mod that only is a mod on certain boards.  In his case, it's the introduction board.

Date: 2009-12-21 21:55:41
I'm a Local Mod, so I'm just a normal Member+ outside of my board.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-12-21 22:28:07

I'm a Local Mod, so I'm just a normal Member+ outside of my board.

Which is why you probably can't view the reports. (I was about to post the same thing as the quoted  :P)