Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

"ZZAZZ glitch"? - Page 1

"ZZAZZ glitch"?

Posted by: Jesus
Date: 2007-07-06 13:58:12
Okay, so I was wondering what the "ZAZZ glitch" was. I've seen things saying "can be used for ZAZZ glitch" on the Big list, but I couldn't find it anywhere else but a few boards, but couldn't find much out about it. I was just wondering what it was.

Re: "ZZAZZ glitch"?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-06 14:15:21
It is a glitch that changes your name to a ZZAZZ name. Such as ZZPZZIZZ)ZZ9ZZ7ZZaZZQZZtZZ?ZZ|ZZ

It also has Superglitch style effects.
it has always fasinated me.

Date: 2007-07-06 16:51:33

It is a glitch that changes your name to a ZZAZZ name. Such as ZZPZZIZZ)ZZ9ZZ7ZZaZZQZZtZZ?ZZ|ZZ

It also has Superglitch style effects.
it has always fasinated me.
Nice. Isn't that more letters than you can put in?
Hmm… I'm sure you would get odd results doing the old man results if it put all that.

Date: 2007-07-07 17:44:55
Well, yes. Usually you find the "Death trainer" though.
For you people who don't know, The "death trainer" as I call him is a trainer who looks like thyself, but is really glitched.

I call him so because of his party, and the fact that he attacks when you are down.
He usually has something like:
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Lapras (a random break in Charizard 'Ms)
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M (Impossible to defeat)

I have tried every cheat I know to kill it, It's health is locked at C480 range. Sheer impossible.

Did I forget to mention that your part gets replaced with Lv153 Exploding Bulbasaurs.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2007-07-07 18:34:23
Bulbasaur at lv153 that knows explosion?

Is explosion the only move it knows?

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-07 18:44:24
Old thread from a year ago

Long story, but basically it's a glitch I discovered that happens when you encounter certain Glitch Trainers. It turns all of your Pok?mon into Lv. 153 Bulbasaurs that know Explosion and replaces some of the letters in your name with Z's. However, if you save after this happens, your game is erased. It happened to me… *Grumbles over loss of Blue Version savefile*

Oh, and there's a pattern to this glitch, which I also discovered. Go to the BIG LIST, and find Bulbasaur, the move Explosion, the decimal number 153, and the letter Z. Notice anything about where they are on the list?… Wink

The ZZAZZ Glitch isn't on the site yet. I don't think it's big enough to need its own entry on the sidebar menu, but I don't know where to put it. If we add a "Misc. Glitches" page, (which we should, because there's lots of small glitches in R/B/Y that don't need their own pages) then ZZAZZ will probably go under that.

Date: 2007-07-07 19:01:54
That's pretty cool. I would try it on my yellow version, but a gameshark that doesn't work (I tried reading a manual I found on the internet, didn't help) erased my save file. I figured out why, but the codes still don't work. XD

Date: 2007-07-08 14:42:49
The gameshark version doesn't work, you have to do it with the ditto trick.

Date: 2007-07-08 15:29:24

The gameshark version doesn't work, you have to do it with the ditto trick.

I know, but I was messing around with a gameshark I was given by a friend a long time ago, right after I got to cinnabar island, and it erased my game file, so I can't do it now.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-07-09 16:57:16

Well, yes. Usually you find the "Death trainer" though.
For you people who don't know, The "death trainer" as I call him is a trainer who looks like thyself, but is really glitched.

I call him so because of his party, and the fact that he attacks when you are down.
He usually has something like:
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Lapras (a random break in Charizard 'Ms)
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M (Impossible to defeat)
Why doesn't it Old Man Trick Lv.153 Bulbasaurs?

I have tried every cheat I know to kill it, It's health is locked at C480 range. Sheer impossible.

Did I forget to mention that your part gets replaced with Lv153 Exploding Bulbasaurs.

EDIT: Why did I quote this? I forgot…

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-08-31 08:57:26
wait, I don't get what the glitch IS exactly…all trainers you get with Old Man glitch are like Death Trainer.

Date: 2007-09-01 14:40:36
I know, I'll make a movie of it….or something.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-01 21:39:53
Yeah, that would be cool. I have trouble finding videos for exotic glitches like this one :P.

Could you make it a youtube one, though? My computer doesn't like downloading vidoes <_<.

Date: 2007-09-02 07:52:02
Yeah, fine. I have a Youtube account (that I hate and abuse :P)

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-02 08:08:12

Yeah, that would be cool. I have trouble finding videos for exotic glitches like this one :P.

Could you make it a youtube one, though? My computer doesn't like downloading vidoes <_<.
The video would look good on the site too :p.