Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

"ZZAZZ glitch"? - Page 3

Re: "ZZAZZ glitch"?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-09-03 16:55:56
I assume they are, considering that the player name and battles are forever transformed until you turn off the game.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-03 17:16:32

I assume they are, considering that the player name and battles are forever transformed until you turn off the game.
…without saving, right?

Date: 2007-09-03 17:45:33
Yeah, turn it off without saving, and the game will be fine. If you saved your game, then your game file with all its Pokebuddies shall be whisked away into oblivion by the Pokegods :P.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-09-04 04:24:27
No, I lost my game once, without saving. I thought I would be OK if I didn't save.
I wouldn't risk it at all.

Date: 2007-09-04 08:24:13
I guess this wins the title for Most Dangerous Glitch!

Date: 2007-09-04 09:18:49
It is most dangerous because you don't need a cheating device.
You could find this by mistake.

If you tried random specials with the Ditto trick you could loose everything

Date: 2007-09-04 19:41:10

No, I lost my game once, without saving. I thought I would be OK if I didn't save.
I wouldn't risk it at all.

Really? O_o Damn, guess it's best to stick to watching it on youtube then :P. Were you doing other things at the time, or carrying other more dangerous glitches with you?

While we're on the topic, has this glitch ever COMPLETELY corrupted a game before? As in making the cartridge unplayable?

As for that unbeatable Charizard…well, if you have a GS you could always catch it and see what happens. That'll probably increase your chances of losing your gamefile though… 

Date: 2007-09-05 04:15:53
Actually, that isn't a bad idea.
I'll try that.

Posted by: cheater
Date: 2007-09-05 10:00:29

The gameshark version doesn't work, you have to do it with the ditto trick.

You found this the hard way? Well, great job anyway. :D

It can be done with GameShark codes. Just use 01FC59D0 (01FC58D0 on yellow) and flip the shark switch on and off.

Date: 2007-09-05 14:16:36

Actually, that isn't a bad idea.
I'll try that.

Really? Cool. I'd like to hear the results, which hopefully won't include gamefile deletion ^_^;.

Date: 2007-09-05 14:21:44
I don't think its logically possible for it to totolly corrupt a catrridge…

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-09-06 17:51:23

Well, yes. Usually you find the "Death trainer" though.
For you people who don't know, The "death trainer" as I call him is a trainer who looks like thyself, but is really glitched.

I call him so because of his party, and the fact that he attacks when you are down.
He usually has something like:
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Lapras (a random break in Charizard 'Ms)
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M
Charizard 'M (Impossible to defeat)

I have tried every cheat I know to kill it, It's health is locked at C480 range. Sheer impossible.

Did I forget to mention that your part gets replaced with Lv153 Exploding Bulbasaurs.

How do you fight the trainer without the game freezing?

Date: 2007-09-06 18:08:46
Luck, I think. Or maybe certain HEXes are more managable than others. I think it's kinda like yellow MissingNo. Sometimes it freezes, other times it doesn't.

Of course I'm no expert, but that's my guess. Just keeping trying.

EDIT: Oh wait, when is the game freezing? If it's freezing at the encounter screen, I stick to the advice above. If it's freezing when you try to attack, that always happens. In order to escape, use any battle item and the battle will suddenly end, and you're free to explore the other effects of this glitch.

Date: 2007-09-07 17:54:42

Luck, I think. Or maybe certain HEXes are more managable than others. I think it's kinda like yellow MissingNo. Sometimes it freezes, other times it doesn't.

Of course I'm no expert, but that's my guess. Just keeping trying.

EDIT: Oh wait, when is the game freezing? If it's freezing at the encounter screen, I stick to the advice above. If it's freezing when you try to attack, that always happens. In order to escape, use any battle item and the battle will suddenly end, and you're free to explore the other effects of this glitch.
I don't follow…

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-09-09 03:51:26
I've seen a different Death Trainer:

Pokemon #1:
MissingNO.(AeroSkel)
LV. 183
Moves:
Doubleslap
nameless(B7)
Sand-Attack
TM48

Pokemon #2
Blastoise
LV. 192
Moves:
Mega Kick
nameless(C0)
Body Slam
nameless(C0)

Pokemon #3
Ratatta with glitched name
LV. 183
Moves:
Doubleslap
nameless(B7)
Sand-Attack
TM48

This may be a result of my PokeDEX exploding from showing it to Prof. Oak after using the "Have 152 Pokemon seen and captured" code.