Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

"ZZAZZ glitch"? - Page 10

Re: "ZZAZZ glitch"?

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-15 20:37:39
The only difference I've seen is that the trainer's teams are different. Then again, they aren't that stable anyway…but I think certain HEXes favor certain teams.

Posted by: Drakkar
Date: 2007-11-27 18:54:30
i have some report too,i used 255 HEX "fled" the ZZAZZing trainer
it started to happen those weird song warps like Sorreah worte,in the poison flashes.
something i discovered is that if you heal 4,5,6 pokemon with the nurse joy the game "resets" in the bizzarre way Sorreah wrote,but if you heal 3 it doesn't happens anything,and you become able to see your party wich has pokemon overlisted,even below your last pokemon going even through the pokemon list text box,though you can't select them…

the first time i don't know what i did but i got my name blank,not even with the ZZs,though my game froze,i was messing with
the storage boxes.tryied to recreate it unsuccesfully

the stored pokemon doesn't get ZZAZZed,i deposit a pokemon and see that my first pokemon in the party goes to lvl 0,deposit another pokemon and the lvl 0 becomes lvl 100,then i take a pokemon from the box and see that the overlisted pokemon disappear and i am able to check my party whenever i want
also like Sorreah worte my second pokemon became a starmie

and that's my report,i hope it helps

Date: 2007-12-05 11:16:38
Very interesting. So it's somewhat similar to the Celebi glitch in G/S/C, where depositing corrupted Pokemon does odd things to their levels.

A blank name, huh? Never had that happen to me. What exactly were you doing when it happened? Did you see the nonexistant name via the start menu, or was it a ID of a Pokemon in the PC? I've noticed I get some odd ID names when looking at my Pokemon through the PC, like a name only partially ZZAZZed and whatnot. I guess what I'm trying to ask is whether it was your trainer name that was blank, or was it the ID name of a Pokemon that was blank. It does make a difference.

I myself have nothing new to report, being busy watching anime on my computer and playing Disgaea 2 instead of playing on my Blue version, but I'll try some of the things Drakkar did and see what happens.

Posted by: Drakkar
Date: 2007-12-11 20:20:32
waheee!! i was able to recreate it,first deposit the last pokemon in your part(the last selectable) your 1st pokemon will become lvl 0,deposit the starmie,it will become lvl 100 then deposit the second pokemon from down to up and exit the pc,your name(trainer name,not pokemon id)  should be blank or a glitched symbol CAUTION:if you save after your name becomes blank or glitched symbols your data will be deleted*grumbles after doing so*

when i recreated it i lost some pokemon in my party,they got erased mysteriously,and also after having your name blank the trainers become normal trainers,they aren't dead trainers anymore

another piece of report:
the glitch trainer that battles with a glitcherino and then the dead trainer battles you with the same glitcherino…i managed to view its entire party though i don't remember it well <.<;; all i remember its that the omastar that goes after the glitcherino is also lvl 0 all of its pokemon are lvl 0 the pokemon i remember he used were clefairy,chansey and glitch pokemon(aside from glitcherino) i won against him and got into the field,i didn't got a blank out,tryied to battle abother trainer and it also became another dead trainer with a 'M wich i wasn't able to KO before it woke up

i hope this piece of report helps

Date: 2007-12-11 21:22:53
Indeed, it is. Trying this now…

Hmm…can't seem to get it right. The first Pokemon did become level 0, but oddly my second Pokemon apparently wasn't a Starmie like it usually was (it made the Bulbasaur cry when I deposited it). Also, what do you mean by "the second Pokemon from down to up"? I think that might've tripped me up some.

Did notice some interesting things in their stats. My Dugtrio (Bulbasaur) had a new move at the bottom of the screen: TM 22. Also, my Vaporeon gained the move Sky Attack (assumingly from my Moltres right below it)

Date: 2007-12-30 18:22:13
Apologies for the double post.

HEX 255

First Try: I deposited three Pokemon before activating ZZAZZ, and this time I could heal at the Pokemon center and look at the party screen. There were poison flashes before I healed, but the music did not change. I had the usual three Pokemon, the first two turned into Bulbasaurs, and two "Prime"s (Mewtwos) that had the flower sprite. I also couldn't select them. I flew to Mom's house and had her heal Pokemon, and it was normal. Then I went to the Safari Zone and caught Pokemon. As I caught Pokemon, the "Prime"s disappeared. Once I had filled up my party, I left. Then I encountered a Death Trainer who had a Lv 147 Charizard M. Upon selecting a attack, the game froze. The game's screen remained normal and the battle music still played, but the game wasn't doing anything.

Second Try: I try to teach Moltres Fly, and a strange text box with this text appears:

[ ]TrainerWf[ ][]y3y[    ][Pokeball symbol]

All blank boxes are random glitch stuff. The sound fades very slowly until it turns off altogether, and I heard a warped Pokemon cry. Then the game freezes. TMTRAINER effect?

HEX 251

First Try: Get the glitch trade room from before instead of the trainer. Game Freeze. As a side note, I had poisoned the Ditto I used for the trick. Can status effects affect the Pokemon/glitch/Trainer you encounter?

Second Try: I try to teach Moltres Fly, and I get more text box gibberish. Music fades, eventual blackout (before the screen just stayed the same)

Third Try: I fight a Death Trainer. First up is a Glitcherino with a lng HP bar at Lv 0. I used Surf, HP bar drains and resets about 20 times before the Glitcherino finally dies. After that there's Omastar, M      p'u[] [Japanese symbol] (Hey, isn't that what Yami's researching right now?), Nidorino, Chansey, and Clefairy, all at Lv. 0. I beat the trainer, and he repeats the words the normal trainer would have said ("Hold on, my line's snagged!"), receive 9999 money, and the game DOES NOT freeze, allowing me to continue playing.

Now I fight another Death Trainer. This one has a different team, one that is supposedly all KO'd. He sends out a Lv147 Charizard M. Hey, is this the same one I encounter while messing with HEX 255? Yep, seems so: I select an attack, the game freezes.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-30 19:17:05

Apologies for the double post.

HEX 255

First Try: I deposited three Pokemon before activating ZZAZZ, and this time I could heal at the Pokemon center and look at the party screen. There were poison flashes before I healed, but the music did not change. I had the usual three Pokemon, the first two turned into Bulbasaurs, and two "Prime"s (Mewtwos) that had the flower sprite. I also couldn't select them. I flew to Mom's house and had her heal Pokemon, and it was normal. Then I went to the Safari Zone and caught Pokemon. As I caught Pokemon, the "Prime"s disappeared. Once I had filled up my party, I left. Then I encountered a Death Trainer who had a Lv 147 Charizard M. Upon selecting a attack, the game froze. The game's screen remained normal and the battle music still played, but the game wasn't doing anything.

Second Try: I try to teach Moltres Fly, and a strange text box with this text appears:

[ ]TrainerWf[ ][]y3y[    ][Pokeball symbol]

All blank boxes are random glitch stuff. The sound fades very slowly until it turns off altogether, and I heard a warped Pokemon cry. Then the game freezes. TMTRAINER effect?

HEX 251

First Try: Get the glitch trade room from before instead of the trainer. Game Freeze. As a side note, I had poisoned the Ditto I used for the trick. Can status effects affect the Pokemon/glitch/Trainer you encounter?

Second Try: I try to teach Moltres Fly, and I get more text box gibberish. Music fades, eventual blackout (before the screen just stayed the same)

Third Try: I fight a Death Trainer. First up is a Glitcherino with a lng HP bar at Lv 0. I used Surf, HP bar drains and resets about 20 times before the Glitcherino finally dies. After that there's Omastar, M      p'u[] [Japanese symbol] (Hey, isn't that what Yami's researching right now?), Nidorino, Chansey, and Clefairy, all at Lv. 0. [size=16pt]I beat the trainer, [/size] and he repeats the words the normal trainer would have said ("Hold on, my line's snagged!"), receive 9999 money, and the game DOES NOT freeze, allowing me to continue playing.

Now I fight another Death Trainer. This one has a different team, one that is supposedly all KO'd. He sends out a Lv147 Charizard M. Hey, is this the same one I encounter while messing with HEX 255? Yep, seems so: I select an attack, the game freezes.

:o YOU BEAT THE DEATH TRAINER?! Amazing breakthrough! So it's like the end of the Ditto trick, everything back to normal. Interesting… 9999 money seems to come with strong trainers (that is the maximum first of all, and maybe the money is calculated based of strength? I got that from the Lv111 team Prof. Oak (VERY VERY RARE).) But wait a minute, he had a weak team? Maybe Lv0 and 1 are calculated seperately than low levels, like above 255 maybe. Plus, you did this all with hex 251 (FB). WOW.

Date: 2007-12-30 19:30:23
Well, everything didn't go back to normal. The next trainer was still a Death Trainer, and the next battle froze. But yeah, it's kinda amazing the first one didn't crash afterwards.

I remember getting 9999 money from a glitch Lance (he had a lone Lv. 209 MissingNo.) But the most I've ever gotten is 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999-some from the HEX 253 trainer. I think it's because he gives you so much money that the graphics screw up afterwards, since everything else about the battle is (relatively) normal.

ZZAZZ seems to be a lot more stable if yu only have three Pokemon instead of six.

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-30 19:37:04
That much money? Isn't that more than enough to buy a bike? Should have tried that. (I doubt it would work though)

Date: 2007-12-30 19:50:36
Nah, the game just goes nuts after that. And like I said, I think it's because he gives you so much money that the game spazzes. The game can't register that much money.

Date: 2007-12-30 19:52:51
What the hell, it was worth asking anyway. I was only wondering what could happen IF you actually had the money to pay for the bike. Probably nothing to begin with.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2007-12-30 20:19:26
It's not buyable, it's only text.  You can only get $999999 or something like that and the bike is $1000000.  Even if you had glitched money that would read as $1000000 you still wouldn't be able to buy it.  This was posted by Newo a few months ago I think.

Date: 2007-12-30 20:22:47
But I thought hex 253 wasn't a ZZAZZing trainer?

Date: 2007-12-30 20:23:20
Thanks, I was wondering. I am probably going to try ZZAZZ sometime, whenever I feel motivated.

Date: 2007-12-30 20:26:29
On the BIG LIST he is still a "Glitch trainer", so you can still easily get some superglitch effects, but no death trainer, or "ZZAZZ".