Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

"ZZAZZ glitch"? - Page 11

Re: "ZZAZZ glitch"?

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-30 20:30:17
Did you just answer your own question Guy?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-31 06:34:52

Did you just answer your own question Guy?
Huh? What do you mean?

Date: 2007-12-31 11:15:53

But I thought hex 253 wasn't a ZZAZZing trainer?

On the BIG LIST he is still a "Glitch trainer", so you can still easily get some superglitch effects, but no death trainer, or "ZZAZZ".

Looks like you answered yourself.

Date: 2007-12-31 12:26:58
Nah, the first wasn't a question, just wondering what Sorreah did with hex 253.

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-12-31 15:38:07
Okay, got a PM from Newo about the Death Trainer I defeated.

I did it once, unfortunately, the death trainer kicks in if you get into another trainer battle, because the trainer remains the same, and he has a fainted party. His 7th onwards pokemon are sent out.

So I suppose that's the real problem with the Death trainer. He just won't die. He keeps coming after you even after his first team has fainted, bringing out deadiler stuff the second time around (such as the Lv 147 Charizard M that froze my game) What a jerk.

As for HEX 253, I activated it thinking it was a ZZAZZ trainer. He had all Lv 32 Pokemon, including a MissingNo and the glitch that turns the battle music from normal music into the "final rival music only super slow" glitch music. Then after the battle the graphics were totally screwed and I couldn't do much of anything at all until the game crashed. Later on I reactivated it for kicks and noticed the absurd amount of money he gave me for beating him.

Date: 2007-12-31 16:29:01

Okay, got a PM from Newo about the Death Trainer I defeated.

I did it once, unfortunately, the death trainer kicks in if you get into another trainer battle, because the trainer remains the same, and he has a fainted party. His 7th onwards pokemon are sent out.

So I suppose that's the real problem with the Death trainer. He just won't die. He keeps coming after you even after his first team has fainted, bringing out deadiler stuff the second time around (such as the Lv 147 Charizard M that froze my game) What a jerk.

As for HEX 253, I activated it thinking it was a ZZAZZ trainer. He had all Lv 32 Pokemon, including a MissingNo and the glitch that turns the battle music from normal music into the "final rival music only super slow" glitch music. Then after the battle the graphics were totally screwed and I couldn't do much of anything at all until the game crashed. Later on I reactivated it for kicks and noticed the absurd amount of money he gave me for beating him.

Level 32s? "final rival music only super slow"? DEFINITELY sounds like Prof. Oak/Chief's default Old Man team. But it really was a death trainer? So maybe that gets death trainer but just no ZZAZZ name or exploding Bulbasaurs…[size=8pt]right?[/size]

Date: 2008-01-01 01:07:59
I was thinking of the typical Old Man teams when I encountered the HEX 253 trainer. And no, he is NOT a Death Trainer, I just thought he was supposed to be one at the time.

Date: 2008-01-01 20:47:00
I've gotten more news on the Death Trainer.

HEX 251

First try - Glitchy trading center, have to reset. Bleh.

Second try - I battle the Death Trainer. He has the same Lv. 0 team as last time, as is just as easy to beat. I face off against the Death Trainer a second time, and he sends out the lv 147 Charizard that always freezes the game. I try to play the Poke Flute, and it surprisingly it works, but after that it freezes. Seems like the Charizard M can't make a move for some reason.

Third try - Still the same team, so this time I let the Pokemon survive for a while to see what their moves are. The Glitcherino knows Double Kick and Scratch. Omastar knows Withdraw, which was all it would use. M    p'u [][Japanese symbol] knows TM28, the explosion move that doesn't make you kill yourself, though it hardly did anything to my Lv. 100 Venusaur (Flareon) since it was at Level 0.

Fourth turn came, and TM TRAINER kicked in. Apparently M    p'u[][Japanese symbol] used ! , a nameless move that must've been a Super Glitch. The attack missed. The status bar said it was PSN, but it took burn damage, and it HP became huge and began to drain in the typical fashion. However, the bar kept on resetting and draining, like the Glticherino, only at a slow pace. It didn't die either. The status says it's poisoned, but when I take my turn the Pokemon is asleep and doesn't take poison damage. Next turn to status changes to sleep. I tried a Venusaur Explosion, but it has little effect. When it woke up, it was at level 127, not level zero. I've gotten this before through Cooltrainer, when I messed up the graphics and activated TM TRAINER with Cooltrainer. I re-poison it, and it takes two turns to die from it. In typical TM TRAINER fashion, M    p'u[][Japanese symbol] is sent out again, healed and normal. I kill it this time.

Nidorino knows Horn Attack and Tackle. Chansey knows Pound and Doubleslap. Clefairy knows Pound and Growl. Aside from the glitches, it seems the other Pokemon's moves are normal. When the game was telling me I had won, I noticed the glitch blocks in the Trainer's name had change, and changed once more once I had strolled through all the text. He said what the normal trainer would usually say, gave me 9999 money, and the game froze, probably because of the TM TRAINER fiasco eariler. 

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-01-01 21:08:21
I battled a HEX 154 trainer when my Red still worked and got the entire ZZAZZ and level 153 Bulbasaurs with Explosions. At the time, I didn't know what it was, but I noticed the trainer sent out an 'M. I was going to put my Master Balls i the sixth slot since I knew that 'M's replicated items, but I accidentally used one and I was exited from the battle. I brought the start menu up and saw my name was ZZDZZ, or something similar. When I checked my party, only my third Pokemon (Mewtwo) was not a Bulbasaur (but it was still at level 153 with two explosions). My fifth Pokemon in my party (a traded Electrode) was the big bomb in my party, knowing selfdestruct and three explosions (originally a level 53 I got from an in-game trade). I turned off my game and went to show my brother what I had done. I got back in the battle and was showing my brother the stats of my Pokemon and accidentally sent out my Mew-Bulbasaur. When I started up my game, the file was deleted. :'( About a year later, my game stopped working altogether (most likely because of Super Glitch).

Date: 2008-01-02 06:52:14

I battled a HEX 154 trainer when my Red still worked and got the entire ZZAZZ and level 153 Bulbasaurs with Explosions. At the time, I didn't know what it was, but I noticed the trainer sent out an 'M. I was going to put my Master Balls i the sixth slot since I knew that 'M's replicated items, but I accidentally used one and I was exited from the battle. I brought the start menu up and saw my name was ZZDZZ, or something similar. When I checked my party, only my third Pokemon (Mewtwo) was not a Bulbasaur (but it was still at level 153 with two explosions). My fifth Pokemon in my party (a traded Electrode) was the big bomb in my party, knowing selfdestruct and three explosions (originally a level 53 I got from an in-game trade). I turned off my game and went to show my brother what I had done. I got back in the battle and was showing my brother the stats of my Pokemon and accidentally sent out my Mew-Bulbasaur. When I started up my game, the file was deleted. :'( About a year later, my game stopped working altogether (most likely because of Super Glitch).
But…isn't 154 Venusaur?

Date: 2008-01-02 18:11:54
No because it still triggered the ZZAZZ glitch, which sets the game's variables to 153, not Venasaur's HEX.

Date: 2008-01-02 18:14:29

No because it still triggered the ZZAZZ glitch, which sets the game's variables to 153, not Venasaur's HEX.
I mean 154 is Venusaur is you check the big list, which is not a Glitch Trainer that causes the ZZAZZ glitch.

Date: 2008-01-02 18:20:46
If I said HEX I meant my Mew's special for the trainer. Sorry for the confusion. :-[

Date: 2008-01-02 18:22:24

If I said HEX I meant my Mew's special for the trainer. Sorry for the confusion. :-[
That's what I meant too.

Date: 2008-01-02 18:24:22
Wow, ZZAZZ is some dangerous glitch to mess with. I guess it's not an encouraged one.