Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

DecDex-Decamark variation list (Melchior X) - Page 25

Re: DecDex-Decamark variation list (Melchior X)

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2008-06-30 20:22:12
Hm, what's the name? Are the moves Glitch moves? If so what are their effects?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-06-30 20:23:48
I'll have to look. I posted it on here somewhere. It's TOMB, he has a 3rd move, I have no idea, what it is.

Date: 2008-06-30 20:35:26
Have you tried to use it in battle?

Date: 2008-06-30 20:37:00
Yeah. I don't think it did anything.

Date: 2008-06-30 21:09:29
Oh well, thought we had something.

Date: 2008-06-30 21:19:38
Well, I can get pictures, of TOMB, using that strange move.

Date: 2008-06-30 21:21:52
Ok, cool, I don't have an Emerald Rom so I can't do it.

Date: 2008-07-01 09:24:25
Okay, what's the hex?

Date: 2008-07-01 09:46:00
TOMB's hex is: 0313.

Date: 2008-07-01 10:30:56
I just caught TOMB, no moves besides ThunderPunch, I think Decamarks, are very random, so maybe even their starting moves are set in stone?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-01 11:01:11

I just caught TOMB, no moves besides ThunderPunch, I think Decamarks, are very random, so maybe even their starting moves are set in stone?

This explains why:

Inside the game's coding, there is a move that's called MISC 157 on E_H that devides move sets at Level 127.  This was coded by nintendo to devide move sets and to save space so they didn't have to code new attack spaces for each pokemon and using MISC 157, they just put all attacks into one "file" using MISC 157 to separate them.  By changing MISC 157 to a coded move, the pokemon will learn the pokemon's move set in front or behind its moves.  Decamarks randomly learn moves because they lack the MISC 157 move so they are all, if not most,  sharing the same move pool of "seperate" moves sets.  This was found by both me and Newo since I found MISC 157 coded pokemon's move sets and we started messing with it after I told him about it.

You can get Roms, from here.: *deleted* I got my Roms, from there.

Don't list ROM sites, especially not THAT one.

Date: 2008-07-01 11:04:23

This explains why:

Inside the game's coding, there is a move that's called MISC 157 on E_H that devides move sets at Level 127.  This was coded by nintendo to devide move sets and to save space so they didn't have to code new attack spaces for each pokemon and using MISC 157, they just put all attacks into one "file" using MISC 127 to separate them.  By changing MISC 157 to a coded move, the pokemon will learn the pokemon's move set in front or behind its moves.  Decamarks randomly learn moves because they lack the MISC 157 move so they are all, if not most,  sharing the same move pool of "seperate" moves sets.  This was found by both me and Newo since I found MISC 157 coded pokemon's move sets and we started messing with it after I told him about it.

Ah, so all Decamarks can learn the same moves, but without this MISC 157 move, the level they learn it at is randomized, if they learn it at all.

Date: 2008-07-01 11:34:23
How weird. When I caught TOMB, he had four moves. Guess, when Decamarks, are caught, or found/seen they have a random move set.

Date: 2008-07-01 12:24:21
[attachment=1]
Hex: 023A
Name: KINESIS
Pokedex No. 055 (Golduck Hybrid)
Encounter Level: 2
Held item: None

Base Stats
HP: 195 Attack: 90 Defence: 32 Speed: 107 Special Attack: 255 Special Defence: 255

Starting Moves

Freezing Stats: No
Notes: Type is '/Flying, ability is Sand Stream IMPORTANT! I think I've found a Decamark that evolves! On Pokemon Amplifier it states that it evolves "At Level 8 when Atk=Def". This is big for me, but I don't know if we've seen evolving Decamarks before.

[attachment=2]
Hex:  023D
Name: JUMP KICK
Pokedex No. ???
Encounter Level: 14
Held item: ????????

Base Stats
HP: 255 Attack: 255 Defence: 99 Speed: 2 Special Attack: 111 Special Defence: 8

Starting Moves

Notes: Type is Glitch Block, ability is Effect Spore. This one also evolves at Level 8, through the method MISC103

[attachment=3]
Hex: 023E
Name: LARE
Pokedex No. ???
Encounter Level: 3
Held item: ????????

Base Stats
HP: 28 Attack: 12 Defence: 106 Speed: 26 Special Attack: 98 Special Defence: 40

Starting Moves

Notes: No type, Ability is Rough Skin, evolves at Lv.8 via MISC97
——————————-

I came across another Decamark, I didn't record it because of the Pink screen when the stats are viewed, but I also evolves at Lv.8 apparently through the method "MISC8", if someone who is better at understanding this kind of thing could look into this and the other ones that evolve via a MISC method, that would be great, HEX: 023C

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-07-01 12:40:48
MISC evos don't work, neither do non-stone item evos.