Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

DecDex-Decamark variation list (Melchior X) - Page 38

Re: DecDex-Decamark variation list (Melchior X)

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-12-19 17:18:40
With the hex:DEAD Decamark in Ruby (I wanted to see if it had any deadly effects  ;)) you can get a blue-ish colour screen like the red screen you can get from Emerald NPC corruption if you scroll down or up to its summary from an existing Pokémon summary.

It may be difficult to catch it. A lot of the time its Pokédex entry freezes the game, but one time it loaded, I waited for a bit, pressed A a few times and I could continue. I tried different locations as I was grasping at straws trying to get it to work, and once it worked in Rusturf Tunnel.

[img]http://i2.minus.com/iJX0yV9YKNo45.png[/img][img]http://i4.minus.com/ibpDOyvJe9i7RC.png[/img]

Posted by: Mechakhan
Date: 2015-02-06 08:34:26
Hi!
I decided to take a look at the last Decamark in the game (hex FFFF) in pokemon emerald (Is this thread ruby only?) It took a few tries due to the game crashing when it hatched, but I eventually got it with glitzer popping. When I looked at its summary, the game crashed with a black screen and annoying sounds. Then I tried depositing it in the PC and got an interesting music glitch. I made a video showing the effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nedYzxCi3UM

Date: 2015-02-06 11:44:04
Interesting, thanks for sharing. No, this thread isn't Ruby only.

Date: 2015-03-16 13:56:57
In Emerald, I got a glitch Pokémon use a sprite other than a Decamark sprite when having a Secret Base Trainer Baton Pass a hex:AAAA glitch Pokémon. The game locked up and eventually reset itself.

[img]http://i4.minus.com/ibtQRBMTL2DSPl.png[/img]

With it as the first Pokémon, I got this:

[img]http://i2.minus.com/ioJlhvqb1WILS.png[/img]

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-09-04 23:03:31
(Necrobump but it's a sticky so…)
This site is a collection of the biggest minds in the area of uncovering what Game Freak (I'm SORRY… "The Pokémon Company") doesn't want us to see… and we STILL can't avoid in-battle crashes? Seriously? [size=10pt]Jesus…[/size]

Well, I'm gonna work on getting those "unobtainables". [size=12pt]Looks like the "Decamark Researcher+" usergroup is gonna grow by 1 member…[/size]

Posted by: Charmy
Date: 2016-10-13 12:28:11
Let's revive this thread.

Well. Some Decamarks in Emerald seem to give weird results while encountered.
F000 freezes the game once encountered, F001 has no sprite and hangs the game when it's animation should play, F002 hangs before the encounter (like going into a encounter before getting the starter in gen 4), F003 has the same effect as F001, and F004 is a shadow which crashes the game once it gets half-way thru the screen. Holding onto them for now.
Game:Ruby

[attachment=1]
Hex:0514
Name:Cannot rewrite, too long. [Length: 942]
Pokedex No. 000
Encounter Level:Normal
Held item:0x0000

Base Stats
HP:0 Attack:0 Defence:0 Speed:0 Special Attack:0 Special Defence:0

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:No
Notes:Super-low catch rate (impossible to catch without a Master Ball), has Bulbasaur's cry, and a glitched Pokédex entry, Page 1 crashes.

[attachment=2]
Hex:0515
Name:Too long to rewrite. [Length: 931]
Pokedex No. 000

Base Stats
HP:0  Attack:0  Defence:0  Speed:0  Special Attack:0  Special Defence:0

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:No
Notes:Has Bulbasaur's cry.

Well, I'm gonna work on getting those "unobtainables".
I'm pretty sure that you can get those via replacing one of your box\party Pokémon.

Ok, here's more, Also on Ruby.

[attachment=3]
Hex:0520
Name:VeryLong [Length:810]
Pokedex No. 000

Base Stats
HP:0  Attack:0  Defence:0  Speed:0  Special Attack:0  Special Defence:0

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:No.
Notes:Same as 0x0514 and 0x0515, seems to use the secondary pallette of the last Pokémon you viewed of you scroll up or down.

[attachment=4]
Hex:0522
Name:A bunch of Japanese. [788]
Pokedex No.000
Encounter Level:6… for some reason.
Held item:Hex 0x1990 or 0x0820

Base Stats
HP:64  Attack:25  Defence:32  Speed:8  Special Attack:92  Special Defence:25

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:Yes, type crashes. [0x20\STEEL]
Notes:Can have Serene Grace or Sand Veil, has a invalid color, a gender ratio of 168, a hatch speed of 25 cycles, 2 EV's on both Defense and Special Defense, two invalid egg groups and a invalid growth rate.

[attachment=5]
Hex:2B99
Name:AnotherVeryLongOne.exe [1970]
Pokedex No.000
Held item:0x7336 or 0xA877

Base Stats
HP:221  Attack:221  Defence:53  Speed:39  Special Attack:211  Special Defence:211

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:Yes, type crashes. [NORMAL\0x34]
Notes:Very long Dex entry. Can crash.

[attachment=6]
Hex:2B9A
Name:Looooooooooong [1959], crashes if viewed.
Pokedex No.000
Encounter Level:0
Held item:0x4437 or 0x3777

Base Stats
HP:87  Attack:221  Defence:221  Speed:71  Special Attack:221  Special Defence:34

Starting Moves
Freezing Stats:Yes,both types crash, [0xDD\0x72] and possibly the ability. [0x76]
Notes:Gives 0x1000 if bred (3 entries) (invalid egg groups though), Glitched category and Dex entry.