Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 12

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2017-12-16 07:28:40
Start at D2F6, and set everything to zero. This will remove all Pokémon from your Pokédex, including Pikachu.
You can set these back after you obtain the parcel.

Posted by: Mefista
Date: 2017-12-16 23:57:23
Thanks!

Tho I just tried, and, giving how dumb I am, no matter how I try, it won't get me below 4 pokemon owned ><

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-05-29 15:02:42
While playing through the Spanish version of Blue to experiment with foreign language glitches, I found a couple oversights with walk through walls ( I used a GameShark code, but I'm sure you can do them with Brock through walls).
1. If you beat the Viridian city gym but not the pewter gym and you also don't fight your rival on the west of Viridian the first time, both rival fights activate and the game softlocks.
2. If you beat Surge before the Rocket grunt at nugget bridge, You won't be able to fight the grunt because you beat Surge, so the game figures you must have Cut, so you must have gone through the bridge. Interestingly, you can still fight the other nugget bridge Trainers and even your rival, so the grunt is programmed differently from all the other trainers.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-05-29 17:25:27

While playing through the Spanish version of Blue to experiment with foreign language glitches, I found a couple oversights with walk through walls ( I used a GameShark code, but I'm sure you can do them with Brock through walls).
1. If you beat the Viridian city gym but not the pewter gym and you also don't fight your rival on the west of Viridian the first time, both rival fights activate and the game softlocks.
2. If you beat Surge before the Rocket grunt at nugget bridge, You won't be able to fight the grunt because you beat Surge, so the game figures you must have Cut, so you must have gone through the bridge. Interestingly, you can still fight the other nugget bridge Trainers and even your rival, so the grunt is programmed differently from all the other trainers.
Interesting! Further study on these and other sequence-break oddities is clearly needed.

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-05-29 17:45:20
Sounds like just intended behavior to me. The game's already been disassembled, so which flags are activated when and what they do is all known. What happens when modifying them in an unintended order only really becomes relevant in cases like routing.

Date: 2019-05-29 23:28:34

Sounds like just intended behavior to me. The game's already been disassembled, so which flags are activated when and what they do is all known. What happens when modifying them in an unintended order only really becomes relevant in cases like routing.
i haven't seen the double-Rival thing anywhere, for example. That kind of thing.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-05-30 10:28:04

That's why I put this in this thread- It's not super valuable or meaningful, I just decided to document this somewhere.

i haven't seen the double-Rival thing anywhere, for example. That kind of thing.

Now that I think about it, the double Rival thing happened to Scykoh during his Glitch Quest Series.

Date: 2019-05-30 11:58:24
It's fine. Anyone's allowed to find things interesting.

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2019-06-26 18:55:44
I don't think this deserves its own topic and I don't know where else to post it so I'll put it here.

I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, owned it for 14 years and beaten it, but haven't 100% it yet but it's close. I figured I'd try getting Celebi since I never did years ago with the Alakazam route.
So my cartridge was working just fine aside from some very odd lagging issues that happen; this is very noticeable if I bring up which mon in the Friend Areas listing to visit, and whenever I progress through the floors of a dungeon. This isn't an issue since they're not super impeding to gameplay and I figured the former is because I have a lot of mons recruited.

Recently this month however, I've had some odd glitching; right after I entered a Kecleon shop, I've noticed that I'm having extreme difficulty in bringing up the menu. I have to literally mash the B button a lot and hope that it'll pop up. What happens when it does pop up though is this:
https://imgur.com/C7VvJQt.png

If I enter any option and back out, then the menu returns to normal (this is how it should be appearing when brought up in general):
https://imgur.com/fU2d7P9.png
I know the image quality is bad, but I really don't want to mash the B button too much just to bring up the menu again on another handheld

I thought it was an issue with my GBA, but it's happening on my GBA SP too which is in better condition and my other games work just fine on them all. It's just this game having issues with pulling up and displaying the menu properly.
Only thing I can guess is that there's something internally wrong in the cartridge itself. The game works, but this issue makes playing in dungeons hard. Thankfully I have Blue Rescue Team if I ever want to play again, but this is also a heart-breaker for me since RT still has my years-old, first playthrough save file. :'(

Date: 2019-06-26 21:01:23
If you have a DS with a GBA port and a DS flashcart you can dump the save. Might help if you wanna replace it, switch to a GBA flashcart, emulate it, preserve it, etc.

Date: 2019-06-26 23:42:34
Yeah, my money's on "crooked cartidge" too, but of the permanent variety. Luckily as was pointed out preserving the save is an easy matter (provided the SRAM chip's still being accessed properly), and you can get the ROM at the same time.

Date: 2019-06-27 00:48:56

Yeah, my money's on "crooked cartidge" too, but of the permanent variety. Luckily as was pointed out preserving the save is an easy matter (provided the SRAM chip's still being accessed properly), and you can get the ROM at the same time.
AND IT'S (mostly) LEGAL!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-27 04:09:23

I don't think this deserves its own topic and I don't know where else to post it so I'll put it here.

I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, owned it for 14 years and beaten it, but haven't 100% it yet but it's close. I figured I'd try getting Celebi since I never did years ago with the Alakazam route.
So my cartridge was working just fine aside from some very odd lagging issues that happen; this is very noticeable if I bring up which mon in the Friend Areas listing to visit, and whenever I progress through the floors of a dungeon. This isn't an issue since they're not super impeding to gameplay and I figured the former is because I have a lot of mons recruited.

Recently this month however, I've had some odd glitching; right after I entered a Kecleon shop, I've noticed that I'm having extreme difficulty in bringing up the menu. I have to literally mash the B button a lot and hope that it'll pop up. What happens when it does pop up though is this:
https://imgur.com/C7VvJQt.png

If I enter any option and back out, then the menu returns to normal (this is how it should be appearing when brought up in general):
https://imgur.com/fU2d7P9.png
I know the image quality is bad, but I really don't want to mash the B button too much just to bring up the menu again on another handheld

I thought it was an issue with my GBA, but it's happening on my GBA SP too which is in better condition and my other games work just fine on them all. It's just this game having issues with pulling up and displaying the menu properly.
Only thing I can guess is that there's something internally wrong in the cartridge itself. The game works, but this issue makes playing in dungeons hard. Thankfully I have Blue Rescue Team if I ever want to play again, but this is also a heart-breaker for me since RT still has my years-old, first playthrough save file. :'(

That's very interesting. Maybe your cartridge has suffered damage, which sometimes may happen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your save file though. :( <3

Date: 2019-06-27 13:53:14

AND IT'S (mostly) LEGAL!
Which part of it isn't?

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2019-06-27 21:28:37

If you have a DS with a GBA port and a DS flashcart you can dump the save. Might help if you wanna replace it, switch to a GBA flashcart, emulate it, preserve it, etc.

Wouldn't really know how to do that unfortunately.  :-\

I've never heard of that term before, seems fascinating. Though I don't recall ever having done anything like that myself recently while the game was on. Maybe in the past when I was younger, but I know it worked just fine back then.

That's very interesting. Maybe your cartridge has suffered damage, which sometimes may happen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your save file though. :( <3

The game still works, like I can still fight, explore, recruit, etc. It's just really difficult to pull up the menu in a dungeon, which makes simple tasks such as using items or even quick saving near impossible since the B button not only opens the menu but it closes it too.

I'm not sure what kind of damage it could've suffered from, because I've kept it in a clean area and never really played much of it for a time.