Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 6

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-07-18 16:12:48
Something happened to me on Pokemon Leafgreen. I started the game over, and used a walk through walls code to exit Pallet Town without any Pokemon. I experimented around, doing things such as trying to teach TMs, feed berries, etc. 2 odd things happened to me- when I tried to use a TM/HM with no Pokemon, the game said,

'There is no Pokemon' (Is that Game Freak knowing that people would escape Pallet and try to use TMs?!).

Another strange thing was what happened when I tried to use move tutors. It brought up my party, which of course had no Pokemon in it. When I pressed 'A', a message came up saying '          and [move] are not compatible'. That all seems normal, except for the fact that I could never use the move tutor again! When I talked to the tutor (the Mega Punch tutor) again, he gave his 'now we are comrades in punching' message.

Posted by: Dragonmaster91
Date: 2009-07-19 12:28:37
This just randomly happened to me on Crystal.

I went to the E4 with my Poliwrath and used headbutt on the first Xatu, then the game froze. No reasoning for this, as I went back and it worked perfectly. It was wierd

Just realized, the game has been freezing a lot more recently.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-19 12:35:35
Maybe the internal battery or something is dying.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-07-19 12:54:59

The internal battery only affects game saves, and problems with it will never cause freezing.

The most likely explanation is that the cartridge got pulled out slightly.

Date: 2009-07-19 13:11:24

Meh, probably just something with my computer… Seeing how I am using an… emulator…

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-07-19 14:50:55

Meh, probably just something with my computer… Seeing how I am using an… emulator…

What emulator?

Date: 2009-07-19 16:34:39

What emulator?
VBA, the latest one too. As soon as I reloaded it, it stopped. So I am guessing it did have something to do with my computer. Meaning that it was not a glitch. I thought I was on to something…

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-14 08:30:07
Nah, the file is just fragmenting.  Just download a new one and  it should be fine.

Posted by: Latiaslost
Date: 2009-09-04 17:10:26
Sorry i don't know how to post without replying yet…. :???:
Has anyone here seen or heard about the secret "glitch Sinnoh" In Diamond/Pearl?
Where shaymin and Darkrai are out in the open, You can catch the opposite legendary to the game's main one, and the the cities are deserted? I am having a hard time to get there, because it's soooo hard…
Plus I need an american cheat cartridge, because my diamond was bought before it was out in England, and my dad bought a american pearl instead of the english one I'd asked for! >:(

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-09-04 17:28:14
Hit reply to post so your not doing anything wrong kid!

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-09-04 20:16:32

Has anyone here seen or heard about the secret "glitch Sinnoh" In Diamond/Pearl?
Where shaymin and Darkrai are out in the open, You can catch the opposite legendary to the game's main one, and the the cities are deserted? I am having a hard time to get there, because it's soooo hard…
Plus I need an american cheat cartridge, because my diamond was bought before it was out in England, and my dad bought a american pearl instead of the english one I'd asked for! >:(

To create a topic, go to the board that is most relevant to your post (in this case Pokemon Glitch Discussion). Go to the tab at the top right, and click on "New Topic". If you can't find it, use Ctrl+F to search for it. Also, this "glitch Sinnoh" sounds like it should probably go in this topic, as it seems highly unlikely. However, the description you gave reminds me of using a Walk Through Walls code, except for the fact that Palkia/Dialga are never available in opposite versions, save for Wild Pokemon Encounter cheat codes.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-09-05 11:35:19

To create a topic, go to the board that is most relevant to your post (in this case Pokemon Glitch Discussion). Go to the tab at the top right, and click on "New Topic". If you can't find it, use Ctrl+F to search for it. Also, this "glitch Sinnoh" sounds like it should probably go in this topic, as it seems highly unlikely. However, the description you gave reminds me of using a Walk Through Walls code, except for the fact that Palkia/Dialga are never available in opposite versions, save for Wild Pokemon Encounter cheat codes.

An opposite version could count as a hybrid.

Posted by: rosenrot
Date: 2010-01-24 03:08:31
Back in the days of R/B/Y a friend of mine brought his Yellow version to my house for me to help him catching articuno..everything went smoothly and in no time I was facing him..saved the file and pressed A..I can't really remember how things went with him but it all ended with me resetting the game. After I loaded the file, articuno was replaced with Nurse Joy, Chansey was in the ladder? type thingy in articuno's isle and Pikachu was in the water; I had no pokemon with surf/dig/teleport in my party anymore and no escape ropes in the bag. Nurse Joy, when pressed A, said something like "The water is contaminated be careful" something among those lines and that was the end for my friend's save file xDD

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-24 06:36:34

Something happened to me on Pokemon Leafgreen. I started the game over, and used a walk through walls code to exit Pallet Town without any Pokemon. I experimented around, doing things such as trying to teach TMs, feed berries, etc. 2 odd things happened to me- when I tried to use a TM/HM with no Pokemon, the game said,

'There is no Pokemon' (Is that Game Freak knowing that people would escape Pallet and try to use TMs?!).

Another strange thing was what happened when I tried to use move tutors. It brought up my party, which of course had no Pokemon in it. When I pressed 'A', a message came up saying '          and [move] are not compatible'. That all seems normal, except for the fact that I could never use the move tutor again! When I talked to the tutor (the Mega Punch tutor) again, he gave his 'now we are comrades in punching' message.

The 'There is no Pokemon' message is similar to the 'You don't have a Pokemon' message on red/blue/yellow which was already noted but I'm not sure if this has been noted in Gen III yet, good find.

Regarding the mega punch tutor he will say 'now we are comrades in punching' if he has already taught you the move. Its quite interesting why he said that when '      ' didn't learn Mega Punch though. 

Here is what the game might do in '      's case. When using the move tutor the game should let you pick any pokemon (before checking whether they are compatible with that move or not), if they are incompatible the game will display a message and return to the main map interface, the game will read that pokemon again, to see if its moves or stats have changed in anyway and if so display the 'we are comrades in punching message' otherwise the message for when you haven't taught the move.However with  '      '  you could consider the game is forced to move into the party pokemon interface because on the normal map interface the game thinks you have no valid pokemon.) Even though it couldn't learn mega punch the game returned to the main map interface it checks whether '      ' has changed but since it takes it as non-existant the game might use that message instead as an error handler.

Posted by: Nishin
Date: 2010-01-27 21:33:50
I found my PokeMon Gold (my personal favorite version) the other day.

I triggered Glitch Dimension using the different MacHop sounds (PokeDex, Vermillion City, and Goldenrod) and then viewing the Coin Case thing. While in Glitch City, I followed the same steps to trigger it and my game froze. The blank screen was accompanied with a high-pitched ringing. I simply shut it off and turned it back on, and it seems no permanent and/or significant damage was done to the game.

I wonder if anyone else did this (because, quite frankly, I'm a bit of an idiot with nothing better to do).