Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 7

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-01-30 08:49:09

I found my PokeMon Gold (my personal favorite version) the other day.

I triggered Glitch Dimension using the different MacHop sounds (PokeDex, Vermillion City, and Goldenrod) and then viewing the Coin Case thing. While in Glitch City, I followed the same steps to trigger it and my game froze. The blank screen was accompanied with a high-pitched ringing. I simply shut it off and turned it back on, and it seems no permanent and/or significant damage was done to the game.

I wonder if anyone else did this (because, quite frankly, I'm a bit of an idiot with nothing better to do).

Actually perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea if someone tried using the coin case after hearing a similar cry, for example Kabuto and see if that has the same effect because to my knowledge Machop's and Omanyte's cries are the same, except that an extra byte gives them different pitches.

Edit: Yes omanyte's cry also causes the same effect as well as various other Pokémon.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-02-03 16:34:16
One day I was playing pokemon blue using the nintendo 64 Pokemon Stadium and I was restarting a new game. At the beginning minor glitch started to happen but was still unusual. One example was the music of the viridian forest was slower and missing note for 10 second or see a bunch of ''a''' letter around the upper left screen while walking. These kind of minor glitch happen sometime but very not often and only on the nintendo 64 pokemon stadium (not even the second one). I have yet to found why it is happening

Posted by: Gravemacs
Date: 2010-02-03 21:35:35
I remember a few years back, me and my old best friend were messing with my Pokemon Blue. We discovered the 'M' glitch from her older brother, and we did a stupid act: we stored 'M' in the PC. We found out that the Hall of Fame goes whacko after that.. but it displays some unusual text coding. Such as "Gold Teet"??! What the fudge? I don't even wanna know. What does it mean? What did it mean? Aghhh..

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2010-02-03 21:36:54

Such as "Gold Teet"??! What the fudge? I don't even wanna know. What does it mean? What did it mean? Aghhh..

Gold Teeth with the h cut off, clearly.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-02-14 20:39:06
Did anybody tried to level a L M 4 at level 24? on my nintendo 64 with pokemon stadium , the game crash just after the level up message appear. I assume that he learn a superglitch at that level

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2010-02-16 05:16:40
The Glitchdex says it learns Quick Attack.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2010-03-22 14:35:32
In my Emerald, while I was in Lilycove Contest Hall with the Berry Master there, when I went from one end of the Hall to the other, some peoples' graphics were unloaded until I stepped on certain tiles; e.g. there was no-one there, but when I went about 3-4 tiles away from them, they appeared.

EDIT: In FR/LG, I've heard reports of party Pokemon randomly turning Poisoned upon exiting Diglett's Cave. Is this true? I'm pretty sure it exists only on early versions though.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-03-22 20:09:16
Are you sure this isn't caused by all your pomeg glitching with B oean's and voodoo battling etc?

Date: 2010-03-24 13:27:00
Hm. As I've mentioned on HoO, Pomegging does not yet have any side-effects. The "B oE Ans", or "oE {e Ais" as they actually are, are FR/LG exclusive, and I have turned off my game every time I Voodoo or send out oE {e Ai, so no, I believe it could be due to that perhaps the Berry Master Hall map is somewhat inimportant to the plot, so Nintendo might have half-assed the job. Just a theory though.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-03-24 23:36:31
Well, we should get some other people testing it too then. I'm not sure I understand though…..

Date: 2010-04-01 15:41:22
Hmhm. Admittedly, I don't believe 3rd Gen has much more testing to be done, but 4th Gen is certainly up for discovery….what don't you understand?

Posted by: Redstar
Date: 2010-04-18 15:51:51
Via GameShark, you can find a "hybrid" Pokemon in Red and Blue… Essentially, a Growlithe with a green pallet and the name and move set for Bulbasaur.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-04-18 21:13:29

Via GameShark, you can find a "hybrid" Pokemon in Red and Blue… Essentially, a Growlithe with a green pallet and the name and move set for Bulbasaur.

Can you explain further?

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2010-04-18 23:38:30
I think I've done something like this before. There are codes that edit each stat of the individual Pokémon including movepool and species (where the color is retained from the original). My guess is that he got the part of the code that edited the Pokémon species to Growlithe from a Bulbasaur. I might have saved the document from my old computer, which will be uploaded if I can find it.

EDIT: Found and attaching document. Can't remember original author.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2010-04-19 10:09:11

I think I've done something like this before. There are codes that edit each stat of the individual Pokémon including movepool and species (where the color is retained from the original). My guess is that he got the part of the code that edited the Pokémon species to Growlithe from a Bulbasaur. I might have saved the document from my old computer, which will be uploaded if I can find it.

EDIT: Found and attaching document. Can't remember original author.

I see.  Nothing impressive really, just changing the sprite without changing the palette.