Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 5

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: The
Date: 2008-04-28 17:32:41
Okay then, here's something better: a beta phrase that I found in Silver. Much more eloquent than "object event"!

EDIT: I just noticed that this is the only text box I've seen in G/S that is justified and uses hyphens. Yay for hyphens!

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-04-28 18:17:33
Eh? Who would pop windows? And how?

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2008-05-07 11:30:41
I think its something that they put in as a joke but never used, I don't think they took it out.
For instance On my Zelda Ocarina of time I found the beta phrase "Hi! I'm a talking door!" and they obviously were not going to use that

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-07 11:41:03
Chances are, that "Beta phrase" could be referring to Windows, the computer program almost everyone I know uses. (Or I could've just thought it up out of nowhere)

Posted by: 008
Date: 2008-08-27 07:55:49
Maybe they're referring to a stack structure in the game's memory that something tried to pop from while it was empty.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-08-27 16:36:49

Chances are, that "Beta phrase" could be referring to Windows, the computer program almost everyone I know uses. (Or I could've just thought it up out of nowhere)

No, it's in the game's ROM, I checked.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-08-28 15:15:32
I think they call the Message boxes "Windows"… You know, the ones that pop up…
Maybe…

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2008-09-04 20:47:57

I think they call the Message boxes "Windows"… You know, the ones that pop up…
Maybe…

Regardless of what windows is meant there, I think the real question is why would we pop any sort of windows in the first place?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-09-04 20:54:49
Someone bug me about it later (tomorrow, maybe) and I'll try to figure out what causes that message.

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-09-06 10:59:15
Well I found these when I used WtW in the battle tower in crystal. (with no pokemon)
Mind you these probably have already been found.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2008-09-19 12:51:16
hmm, appears to be forcing in ????? (00).

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-09-19 14:36:02
Here's a thought: "No window avaliable for popping" might be similar to a 404 error on the internet. Ie. They decide to make an npc for you to talk to. They forget to make a text box for it. They play through the game and find that. They then put it in.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-09-19 15:15:21
They already have Object Event for that. Popping windows probably refers to something else

Posted by: The
Date: 2008-09-27 00:02:54
Maybe it refers to a menu of options popping up above the text box, or a Yes/No box.

Posted by: WeirdEars
Date: 2009-06-02 09:23:47
Here's something that happened to me on Pok?mon Yellow years ago.

I had a Magikarp (probably the one you pay $500 for before Mt Moon if that's in Yellow. I can't remember) and it had infinite HP. There was no Gameshark involved whatsoever. Eventually, I decided to find out what would happen if I were to transfer it to Pok?mon Stadium. I did, and it turned into a Hitmonlee. I transferred it back to Yellow and it was still a Hitmonlee.

I will have to dig out my copy of Yellow and my old Gameboy Colour (transparent purple, by the way) and see if I still have the Hitmonlee. Unfortunately, the Hitmonlee has lost its immortality.

EDIT: It seems I have started a new save file since then. Damn.