Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 9

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: Thanathan
Date: 2013-03-12 08:50:24
Thx for Explaining.
Will try this again. But my Emulator crashed al lot since then xD
I dont actually know, that Missigno. can use this Move.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2013-03-16 10:08:44
The catching Missingno. trick works in Japanese Blue when you switch the – move with the 4th move after viewing Mew's stats (don't know if viewing other Pokemon works too), as shown in this video.

But how? You normally can't switch moves in that situation.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-04-20 16:38:15
I recall a glitch that happened on Crystal version years ago.

I was going to battle the Pokemon League again and my rival challeneged me. However, instead of standing across from me, he stood on my trainer's sprite and looked the direction he would if you were on the other side of the hall.

If you were on the right side of the hall, he would stand on your sprite and look right, as if you were on the left side, for example.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2013-04-20 18:03:45
From what I remember, doesn't it involve saving on the point where he battled you and reloading the next time it's that day or something similar?

Date: 2013-04-20 18:06:47
Nope, I just walked in and that happened.

What's odd is the game did it several more times when I reset. The same damn thing, on both sides of the wall.

Attack of the Level 92 Diglett (from Outer Space)

Date: 2014-03-19 20:21:55
DOUBLE POST NUOH MY GOD.

Sometimes when I'm Action Replaying my way through Pokémon Platinum, I'll use a code that lets me encounter any Pokémon at any level under 101. It can be done with the PokéWatch's calculator.

There have been times where I have not changed the level or Pokémon number, and, out of the blue, I encounter a level 92 Diglett. Just level 92 Diglett as far as the eye can see. Leaving the Route undoes it. If you try to change the species and level, you still encounter those Diglett.

I'm 99% sure this glitch happens because the Pokémon's data does not add up (because Giratina totally lives on Route 1, guize, I swear. It also evolves into Distortioner when you level it up to lvl 4453 and feed it a Nugget when you hold your 3/DS at a 57 degree angle) and it's retaliating to teach me a lesson.

Posted by: PhantoMewtwo
Date: 2014-09-29 10:19:18
That creepy moment when you use a cheat to walk through walls in g/s/c and random npc sprites turn into ditto copies of you. Once twins ann and anne became sudowoodos lol

Date: 2014-10-13 12:55:03
Heyho

Can someone tell me whats that Pokemon in the Attachement? Cant load the Dex (no Idea why)

Sorry for the "Quallity"

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-10-13 15:53:01
Looks like Yellow hex:FD in the German version.

[img]http://i.minus.com/jba244RrjUQzAh.png[/img]

https://web.archive.org/web/20101205100003/http://glitchcity.info/glitchdex

Heyho

Can someone tell me whats that Pokemon in the Attachement? Cant load the Dex (no Idea why)

Sorry for the "Quallity"

Yes, the GlitchDex broke after a MediaWiki update, I'm afraid. Sorry to tell you that.

Date: 2014-10-13 17:02:22
Oh..Okay. Will it be fixed again? And thnks for the Link, but the Name is slightly different hm? Dont know, maybe its because I abused my Yellow to the Death xD

And Nice ava by the way :3

Date: 2014-10-15 09:18:34
I'm not sure, because Abwayax manages most of the technical stuff, though I'm sure he'll get around to fixing it soon.

You're welcome. I personally don't notice a difference between your screenshot and mine except for the glitch tile being coloured slightly differently, however, the names of glitch Pokémon may differ between different languages.

Thanks! Like the picture shows, I was trapped because one tile would spin me to the left and the other to the right, but I admit that walk through walls was used to get here, although a glitch Unown was used to cause the Glitch City.

Date: 2014-10-17 08:24:26

I'm not sure, because Abwayax manages most of the technical stuff, though I'm sure he'll get around to fixing it soon.

You're welcome. I personally don't notice a difference between your screenshot and mine except for the glitch tile being coloured slightly differently, however, the names of glitch Pokémon may differ between different languages.

Thanks! Like the picture shows, I was trapped because one tile would spin me to the left and the other to the right, but I admit that walk through walls was used to get here, although a glitch Unown was used to cause the Glitch City.

Ah okay! :D
*exitet*

Hmhm sounds good.
And is there some Method to see Pokemon, that Crash youtr Game?
On my (saveabused) Version I find some Pokemon other than Q *obvious* to actually see whats in my Team. but sometime, if I swap some Pokemon the game locks up o:
Is it because I SWAPPED or is it the Pokemon itself…

Which Unown was it? …For some reasons I adore these crashed Traintiles <3 xD

Date: 2014-10-17 10:46:38

Ah okay! :D
*exitet*

Hmhm sounds good.
On my (saveabused) Version I find some Pokemon other than Q *obvious* to actually see whats in my Team. but sometime, if I swap some Pokemon the game locks up o:
Is it because I SWAPPED or is it the Pokemon itself…

It could be because you swapped the Pokémon. Pokémon past position 6 use non-Pokémon data (though some of their data may represent data from other Pokémon too) as their Pokémon data, so you're corrupting the memory by swapping Pokémon.

e.g. after the save corruption glitch many values become FF. When you swap a relevant Pokémon with the tenth you're filling the Pokédex seen and own bytes with FF (they used to be 00) and completing (overcompleting) the Pokédex.

Also, this swapping Pokémon thing is actually why most close menu select glitches from Red/Green/Blue JP give weird effects (for the end result you're swapping a Pokémon with what you chose, and the Pokémon depends on the cursor position when you pressed select on an item).

Another form of corruption may occur when viewing Pokémon past position 6, even non glitch Pokémon. How that works doesn't seem to be documented. Also, there are indeed glitch Pokémon that corrupt data when viewing their status, but they don't seem to be common.

Are there any glitch Pokémon in the German version that freeze the game just by viewing their status? (Try this with a normal party Pokémon list and not one with over 6 Pokémon)

Certain Pokémon only freeze the game sometimes (like Yellow Missingno. sent out by the opponent), while others freeze the game seemingly always (like PokéWTrainer sent out by the opponent).

For Pokémon sent out on the opponent's side the problem may be dimensions of 0, because they are technically dimensions of 256 and the game can't handle it. Another problem might be a bad pointer for the sprite (maybe?).

With a Game Genie code, you can patch the dimensions, but you'd have to make one for each glitch Pokémon of a certain dex number. TheZZAZZGlitch's Pokémon Yellow debug menu may also help.

Which Unown was it? …For some reasons I adore these crashed Traintiles <3 xD

I can't remember, sorry.

Map corrupting Unown in Crystal were (for me): 3A, 80, 8B, 8D, 90, 9E, A1, C0, D3. I don't know if these always work though. Try them in the train station.

GameShark codes:

01xx24DC (Pokémon Gold/Silver) - You probably knew this.
01xxD9DE (Crystal)

Date: 2014-10-18 09:48:27
Ah okay.

Well it freezes by the Time the two  "switch" places.
So I never get to the stats because Im not viewing much of them, because I know they freeze sometimes xD

Uhh Codes :B I will try! :D

Edit: Hihi it worked xD

Date: 2014-12-07 15:03:15
So on HeartGold Version, Lyra seems to think I have a Cyndaquil, even though my starter was Chikorita and is now a Meganium. Is there a reason this happens?