Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Pokémon Glitch Discussion

General Pokemon Glitchiness - Page 13

Re: General Pokemon Glitchiness

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-06-27 22:02:42

If you have a DS with a GBA port and a DS flashcart you can dump the save. Might help if you wanna replace it, switch to a GBA flashcart, emulate it, preserve it, etc.

Wouldn't really know how to do that unfortunately.  :-\
I could walk you through it if you have a DS with the slot. I can even help you get the DS flashcart, if need be.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-06-28 11:13:46

If you have a DS with a GBA port and a DS flashcart you can dump the save. Might help if you wanna replace it, switch to a GBA flashcart, emulate it, preserve it, etc.

Wouldn't really know how to do that unfortunately.  :-\

Yeah, my money's on "crooked cartidge" too, but of the permanent variety. Luckily as was pointed out preserving the save is an easy matter (provided the SRAM chip's still being accessed properly), and you can get the ROM at the same time.

I've never heard of that term before, seems fascinating. Though I don't recall ever having done anything like that myself recently while the game was on. Maybe in the past when I was younger, but I know it worked just fine back then.

That's very interesting. Maybe your cartridge has suffered damage, which sometimes may happen.

I'm so sorry to hear about your save file though. :( <3

The game still works, like I can still fight, explore, recruit, etc. It's just really difficult to pull up the menu in a dungeon, which makes simple tasks such as using items or even quick saving near impossible since the B button not only opens the menu but it closes it too.

I'm not sure what kind of damage it could've suffered from, because I've kept it in a clean area and never really played much of it for a time.

That's good!

I see. Yeah, it can be confusing :/.

Regarding crooked cartridge, it is most known for its Nintendo 64 exploits, such as Super Mario 64.

Sometimes it can be forced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD--Umq1nnc

Otherwise not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKWfNjyXGc

Posted by: Lost-Paisley
Date: 2019-08-19 01:27:54
I just remembered some other unusual glitch that happened to me years ago after watching chuggaaconroy's Earthbound LP and hearing him talk about a strange glitch that happened to him in that game possibly due to gamma rays affecting bits (whether that's an actual thing or not, it's interesting regardless.)

When I was younger I had gotten a Japanese, female Glameow at lv. 60 off the GTS in Diamond and was excited to play around with it. I taught it a few TMs, mainly Aerial Ace, Thunderbolt and Shadow Claw. I went to play with it on Route 202 and defeated about 2 or 3 mons(?) before encountering a Bidoof. Here's where things get strange:

I recall using Shadow Claw against it for some reason (possibly a misclick?) and it actually hit Bidoof and one shot it. The game then froze (I think the sound just stopped suddenly too) once Bidoof's HP bar was empty and the text box stayed on "A critical hit!"
A part of my memory is vague, but at the same time I recall trying to use Shadow Claw on the first turn and getting the "no effect" message before trying again. I remember it being the strangest thing to thing to ever happen to me at the time because it confused the hell out of me on why it froze like that. I still have that Glameow too, but since that day I never used it again.

Posted by: bwill11
Date: 2019-08-19 14:35:10
If you are in a double battle in BW2 and both active Pokemon faint, the game doesn't let you send out the third Pokemon in your party. Excuse the potato image quality.
Edit: Never mind, I'm not allowed to switch in anything so I think this is probably not replicate-able or it would have been found by now