Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Forum Games

The V,^,and < game - Page 132

Re: The V,^,and < game

Posted by: Wa
Date: 2009-11-16 18:06:01
^ Who gives a crap?
< Apparently my friend's WoW 3v3 arena team ("For the Lulz") is in the top 200 and he's going to go toBlizzcon. I don't know whether to believe him or not (he's told some pretty epic tall tales before), but seeing as he keeps WoW manga in his backpack at all times it's probably true.
V Crystal > Platinum?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-16 18:10:49
^No idea; never played either (my Crystal ROM sits in mt files, gathering dust).
< HA! You just lost the game!
V Annoying how I pick up on one meme and abuse it for a week than forget about it?

Date: 2009-11-16 18:12:51
^ Yes. Damn you, nameless game!
< Oh no. I should probably do that homework. Gah.
V Is two large school projects at a time too many?

Date: 2009-11-16 18:22:48
^Yes, although try reading and annotating Great Expectations. It's a bitch of a book.
<The main character of the novel, Pip, has many great expectations. My great expectation is to pour gasoline on the book and light it with a match as soon as I don't need it for English anymore.
VThinks that I am being a little harsh?

Date: 2009-11-16 18:52:48
^ Hell no! I tried reading it a few months ago because my aunt gave it to me, but I kept losing interest before Pip even leaves the village, and then whenever I tried to give it another try the sheer horror of trudging through all those chapters would stop me. The farthest I got was about 1/3 of the way through. I wish that Charles Dickens was still alive just so that I could assassinate him for bringing such an abominable text upon adolescents. Even The Fountainhead is easier to read than Great Expectations, and I'm telling you that was bloody hard.
< Not to mention that Great Expectations is just plain creepy. I mean, what the fuck is that old lady up to and why doesn't she age? Not to mention the criminal stalker dude. It should be classified as a horror book.
V Hates literary analysis?

Date: 2009-11-16 19:17:01
^Depends on what book.
<MISS HAVISHAM=CREEPY. Also, get this- I think [size=1](from looking ahead in the question packet we got)[/size] the creepy stalking convict guy is Estella's dad. Weird huh?
I still want to light that book on fire. My homework today (which, by the way, I haven't finished), is to read the book from Chapters 20-24 (we left off at Chapter 19) AND take notes. As if reading isn't such an onerous chore, we also have to take FUCKING NOTES. Screw my high school's Honors English department.
VAppreciates a good rant?

Date: 2009-11-16 19:25:30
^ Of course I do. That was an excellent one.
< I might be able to appreciate the book if it wasn't written in such an indecipherable dialect of Victorian Era English, but since it, unlike the Bible, isn't available in modern English, that is a unlikely prospect. Gah, there is no good book for me. Many adult books are a bit too hard (I'm still recovering from The Fountainhead, damn you Ayn Rand and your colorful conservative propaganda) while most books aimed at my age group are simplistic and not worth my time. Oh well.
V Laughed at Angrysmurf's rant?

Posted by: Chaos
Date: 2009-11-16 19:27:48
^ No. Was not funny to me.
< Is done with homework
V Has a genetic mutation?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-11-16 20:04:02
^ Verify
< Verify
V Verify

Date: 2009-11-16 22:55:07
^ A mutation, like the X-Men. Mutant Powers.
< Has the ability to predict the future.
V Eats clam chowder?

Date: 2009-11-16 22:59:01
^ Rarely.
< I can recognize Toyota Hybrid cars (including, but not limited to, the Prius) simply by the distinctive whining noise of their engines.
V Likes chocolate?

Date: 2009-11-16 23:18:47
^ Chocolate? [size=3]CHOCOLATE?![/size] [size=5]CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!![/size] [size=5]CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!![/size]
< Is insane at the moment.
V Is insane as well?

Date: 2009-11-16 23:23:17
^ Depends on your definition of insane.
< If my parents knew what I was listening to right now, they'd probably get me (another) therapist.
V What do you think whorepresents.com has on it?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-11-16 23:30:47
^I'm guessing this is a trick question, and I'm supposed to think it's "whore presents" but it's actually "who represents"
<Isn't fooled that easily
vKnows what penisland.com is about?

Date: 2009-11-16 23:32:35
^ No. It's either Penis Land or Pen Island.
< Is caffinated.
V Drinks Pepsi instead of Coca-Cola?