Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 2

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-04-11 12:34:58
It's his discovery, let him post it wherever he wants. The part I disagree with is "all we can do, is back him up if the freaks start making claims to this trick". We can do much more than that.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-04-12 15:48:47
im with you Abby,i know we can do way more,my main point is,his discovery,his choice.

Date: 2007-04-14 01:45:44
He submitted it to the site, which implies that he wants it featured on the site, therefore we can and should investigate further.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-04-14 12:45:22
wow
thats amazing.
I would try it but im not that far in crystal and my GS hates crystal version [it wont work thats all]
awsomework =]

Posted by: Paco81
Date: 2007-04-18 03:21:48
BTW, what video encoding did you use?

The codec is Microsoft Windows Media Video.

I have some questions.

Which Pokemon must have the beat up attack… and which position must it be in? In your example, all except the Eevee had beat up… is it the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th Pokemon in your party that must have it? Does it have to be the bad clone?

All the Sneasel has the attack Beat Up in the third position, the bad clone too. Although really they are not necessary the Sneasel, to activate the trick, the most important is retire to the Kingdra/Cancel to cause a glitch in the box. After, to obtain to Celebi or any pokemon or item, the only thing that there is to do, is make the tricks 1 and 3 of the main post.

He submitted it to the site, which implies that he wants it featured on the site, therefore we can and should investigate further.

It is true.

It really does not interest to me to receive credit by this glitch, the objective to publish it in Serebii and here, it was to find some person who understood the glitch and that he could explain it more clearly.

Here in Glitchcity, it is where I feel that really they supported to me in this, therefore, they can count with me to understand this glitch more clearly (although really, I only understand a little the English and I will not be able to help them in much). I will try to help in everything what you they request to me.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-04-18 12:15:31
What I really like is the really bad engrish sentences. (No offence)

Anyway I will give it a go and see what I can get. Do you have an approx success rate?

Posted by: Paco81
Date: 2007-04-19 07:28:41
Thanks Newo.

This Glitch has 100% of success rate.

A new glitch:

Make that Celebi (or any pokemon) born of an egg.

We needed an egg raising, where the pokemon that born, has the required attack in the third position.

Example (for that Celebi born of egg):

We deposited in the Day Care to 2 Sneasel (male and female) only with the Beat Up attack (a attack TM/HM is optional).

[img]http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4369/snearh8.png[/img]

When being born the baby Sneasel would see itself thus:

[img]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4756/snea2gn5.png[/img]

1. Using option MOVE PKMN, we move to 4 any pokemon to the box in which we made the Celebi Trick. Now we move the egg until above of the box.

2. Using the Withdraw option, we retired to the 4 pokemon that we moved. Now we retired the egg, we walked some steps and the egg will open and be born a Celebi.

Celebi_Egg.zip 8.86 MB (9295 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/25396321/Celebi_Egg.zip.html

Method for obtain to Celebi in Gold&Silver:

After I try explain the method with words.

Celebi_GS.zip (9874 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/26777539/Celebi_GS.zip.html

Posted by: Adrilindozao
Date: 2007-04-19 11:35:11
Paco Thanks a lot for your post, a thing with similar me but with the Pok?mon Stadium 2 happened: I passed almost all mines pok?mons of my Gold version will be mines boxs of the Pok?mon Stadium 2. When I was you see still had adds pok?mons in the Ash's PC.The box 13 and the 14 and in them pok?mons had appeared will be adds bug or trick. Mewtwo in Lvl 6 with karate chop and to other attacks appeared one, among others. Somebody knows if is adds trick or something thus? The name of these pok?mons is strange will be example TETEGWI.
Its video to catch the Celebi in the Gold version very does not seem to be complicated to make, but the last pok?mon: The "?" in "Level 1" how is obtained one bad clone in the Gold version, equal in the Crystal?

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-04-19 23:49:45
Well, there's how you get 255.

I was concerned that it wasn't possible since there are no normally obtainable attacks above FB.

I'm still baffled at just how complicated this glitch is… its probably the most complex to date. I'm also shocked at how much stuff you can obtain…. Celebi is just the icing on the cake. You can get any monster above level 100, any attack on any monster, any item, and of course… any monster. GSC has been cracked open wider than anyone has ever imagined

Date: 2007-04-20 00:04:37
This is going to need a major scrutiny. This is very complicated to pull off, and the fact that you have not only opened the door to getting every Pokemon in G/S/C (like the Ditto Trick in R/B/Y), but also the rest of the glitches of R/B/Y… That is major.

Due to GCL rules, though, a GCL staffperson will have to successfully replicate the glitch in order to prove it. The process will hopefully be completed by May, at which time it will be added to the site. You've got detailed instructions and videos; usually that would be enough, but for such a major breakthrough we just want to make sure.

Date: 2007-04-20 12:29:26
I managed to replicate this on Silver although the method was slightly different. It did involve the Bad clones.

Date: 2007-04-20 20:59:03

I managed to replicate this on Silver although the method was slightly different. It did involve the Bad clones.

So this works in G/S as well as Crystal?

Would you mind explaining how the method was different?

Date: 2007-04-21 06:15:43
Well, the reason it was different was because I didn't actually know I had a bad clone intill I withdrew everything in my box.
It is more a matter of knowing what I was doing.

Anyway, I managed to successfully transform a Pigeot into a Caterpie.

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-04-21 14:10:39

Well, the reason it was different was because I didn't actually know I had a bad clone intill I withdrew everything in my box.
It is more a matter of knowing what I was doing.

Anyway, I managed to successfully transform a Pigeot into a Caterpie.

And caterpies are just SO great compared to pidgeots.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2007-04-23 23:14:29
Whoa. Just whoa. And I thought my discovery of the Q Glitch was big. This glitch essentially allows us to get ANY Pokemon on RBYGSC, period. And if the #254 ????? hack allows GSC Pokemon to be traded to RBY, we can now get any Glitch Pokemon that we want on RBY without Gameshark! Paco81, I applaud your efforts. This is an incredible advance in GSC glitch research.