Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 8

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-07-11 04:23:33
Yeah, but why should it be harder in G/S than C ? It's not logic… well, I'll try too  :P

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-07-11 16:17:22
Aha, I'm finally doing this thing now.

Edit: I'm terribly sorry, but that engrish post doesn't make that much sense. Can someone with good English please explain it?

Edit2: Never mind, just stick it up on the site. If it's been done before by a staffperson, it should be fair game.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-07-11 16:27:04
When I get time (The holidays are soon) I will put it up in full English so you can understand.
My simple version now.

I don't think I missed anything.

Date: 2007-07-11 16:38:12
If I can, I will add this (despite the fact I had to do things differents to make it works, I will not try to write an english complete version of this trick since I'm not english and I'm not playing in an English Version)

Well, once you got Celebi, you notice that it doesn't appear on the Pokedex, have the same attacks than Sneasel, and a bad name. Just do the Celebi Egg Trick (page 2 or 3), and then you got a regular level 1 celebi called celebi, in the pokedex, and his attacks (born from an egg, which is NOT regular)

Abwayax, when you write the trick for GCL, please don't forget this.

Date: 2007-07-11 16:39:29
I may write it, but you will have to wait a week or two, (School, Work Exp, etc)

Date: 2007-07-11 16:45:15
And I will just try, on G/S, to have a bad, tomorrow.
Then I will try to make the Q trick work
The I will try to do the Johto Cloaking Trick IF and only IF 4 4 Hy is ready to a little small evolution… just one, please.

Date: 2007-07-12 05:06:56
When I triyed to do what Newo said (turn off during saving after capture) I found my Bulbasaur called "      "
Yeah, nothing. No name. Is that a bad, since he is not called "?"

Date: 2007-07-12 13:24:24
It is still bad if it isn't he same, I think, This is a new trick, I know very little.

Posted by: Chrona
Date: 2007-07-28 09:07:26
I'll help out. I was playing around with a similar glitch a month or two ago and made some weird things appear like items, turning my guys into Nidorino holding Moon Stone, and Persian, etc. I assumed that it could be used to get Celebi too, but was too lazy to upload the video (and found it hard to repeat the EXACT steps, as the game froze quite often) but yeah… Good job on this though, I could help test it out when my gf gives me back my Crystal if you want

Date: 2007-07-28 10:54:03
Since I'm still searching a way to find Celebi in Gold/Silver without Cheating device (and don't say trade n?000 from Crystal please) this could be useful, yeah.

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2007-08-05 16:42:08
This trick sounds great, but I haven't managed to succeed in silver. I did seem to get a bad clone, as I got a Drowzee with no name and an unknown trainer (OT=?).. Is that good enough to use? And what do I do next, since the trick is different from the crystal version? I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

Date: 2007-08-06 02:52:21
Same thing here. My bulbasaur has no name, but I don't know (lack of time to test) if it works. How did you get it ? By cloning you Drowsee ?

For the trick after, I think the same think should work. What Paco explains, is that since Bad Clones are hard to have in G/S, there is another way. Which requires N?000 "?????"

CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Regrok
Date: 2007-08-06 11:23:11
[size=9pt]OMG, I get the Celebi T_________________T, my dream.

Thanks Paco, this is a good Trick.
[/size]

Date: 2007-08-06 11:43:57

Same thing here. My bulbasaur has no name, but I don't know (lack of time to test) if it works. How did you get it ? By cloning you Drowsee ?

Well for the Drowzee, I cloned it after catching it (it having been sent to the PC). For that to work, I turn my GB off just after "… the power." But it only worked once that way.

I also have a similar Sneasel (no name + OT=?). If I remember correctly, I got it from cloning with the PC (deposit, change box, disrupt saving) and I turned off the GB just after I answered "Yes" to "Is it OK to overwrite?". Still, it only worked once, but I did clone that Sneasel a few times. I seem to have lost track of the original bad Sneasel clone, and I'm wondering if that's a problem…

I'll try the trick again later… though I might be running out of PC boxes…

Date: 2007-08-11 02:37:47
I've just managed do the trick on a Crystal ROM, but I tried a "shortcut". Instead of getting a Sneasel with Beat Up, I got a Noctowl with Reflect which gave me a GS Ball… However, there wasn't much I could do with it…