Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 4

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Artic
Date: 2007-05-13 12:57:56
Is there a Gameshark value for a bad clone or is it somehow generated (sorry for this question, probably sounding really dumb)

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-05-13 23:28:45
The bad clone is a Pokemon partially copied from another, but with corrupted data. There is no "Gameshark value" for it - its species byte is set to one of the usual 256.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-05-14 21:52:19

rby4ever, I disagree. This is too important to just toss it to Serebiiforums and leave it alone there - the community there is already divided over a presumed R/S Celebi Trick, and this would just cause confusion with some disbelievers and some believers, and if we tried to prove it they'd just laugh at us and call us maniacs, like they do with people who believe in the R/S Celebi Trick. This is a major discovery, which itself opens major doors and may provide the "Missing Link" (FE ? ? ? ? ?) needed for the Johto Guard Glitch, and thus we'll need a major procedure to make sure this thing works before adding it onto the site. And yes, this will be a MAJOR GLITCH and will have its own page on GCL. And Paco will be credited and given a boost in rank to reflect this discovery.

So here's my plan. I'll gather as many of the GCL Glitch Scientists, Admins, and volunteers (You can help!) and have them test this out this week. If we get major positive results then we can add it to the site, as well as make a major announcement. (Whether we'd tell TRS and other forums, however, is a different story altogether :P)

i don't see a page on it at GCL…

I never said there was.

are you working on it?

Date: 2007-05-14 22:11:58

rby4ever, I disagree. This is too important to just toss it to Serebiiforums and leave it alone there - the community there is already divided over a presumed R/S Celebi Trick, and this would just cause confusion with some disbelievers and some believers, and if we tried to prove it they'd just laugh at us and call us maniacs, like they do with people who believe in the R/S Celebi Trick. This is a major discovery, which itself opens major doors and may provide the "Missing Link" (FE ? ? ? ? ?) needed for the Johto Guard Glitch, and thus we'll need a major procedure to make sure this thing works before adding it onto the site. And yes, this will be a MAJOR GLITCH and will have its own page on GCL. And Paco will be credited and given a boost in rank to reflect this discovery.

So here's my plan. I'll gather as many of the GCL Glitch Scientists, Admins, and volunteers (You can help!) and have them test this out this week. If we get major positive results then we can add it to the site, as well as make a major announcement. (Whether we'd tell TRS and other forums, however, is a different story altogether :P)

I never said there was.

are you working on it?

Someone should be.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2007-05-15 00:41:12

I never said there was.

are you working on it?

Someone should be.

Then nobody is actually working on it?
can you use this glitch to get any pokemon with any pokemon?

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-05-19 09:45:27

I never said there was.

are you working on it?

Someone should be.

Then nobody is actually working on it?
can you use this glitch to get any pokemon with any pokemon?

I am working on it but IT IS HARD TO FUCKING WORK ON IT WHEN I HAVE EXAMS ALL WEEK! This week I may be able to work on it.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-05-29 22:17:04
FUK EXAMS………………

Date: 2007-05-29 23:02:01
I hate exams too. Good thing I don't have to do many of them.

Date: 2007-05-30 10:56:12
Fortunately I have done them.
When I get the time I am going to re-research this stuff. Documenting it, etc.

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-05-30 18:10:31
ya im done with them too,i just finished today

Date: 2007-06-15 01:46:12
I've been putting this off for far too long. Something this important shouldn't sit here gathering dust for three months.

Today I'll be doing tests, both on corrupted clone generation (the "Celebi trick") and inter-version trading exploits ("Johto Guard trick"). I'll post my results either in this thread or a separate one.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-06-25 05:51:27
Well… I've got a pokemon glitch forum (which is rare in my country, France). One of my member is using a french version, and triying to make it works on it. He tried with a Jolteon (getting a sneasel up without cheating device is soooo hard) but it has not worked. He can't see Kingdras.

That's weird because Paco, you're european isn't it ? That SHOULD work.
Somebody can help ? We may have done a translation mistake…

Date: 2007-06-25 10:52:30
I managed to do it on Crystal and Silver now.
I do it with no real control though.

I still can't find what is doing it, I get too many variables going.

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2007-06-25 11:36:33
wahhh I still cant do it because,
1 I need a new Crystal version
2 Its hard using bad clones or whatever

Date: 2007-06-25 11:38:13
Bad clones are really hard to make.
Is there an easier way?