Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 5

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-06-27 05:23:23
We managed to have a bad clone. Unfortunately, as I said, it has not worked (maybe it's an error of us) with a Jolteon.

We can't use Gameshark to get a lvl.57 Sneasel, because we can't have bad clones on ROMs.

We're once again stuck. If someone is SURE it works on US versions, explain us more, we will try in French version again, with a Sneasel.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-27 11:12:22

The bad clone is a Pokemon partially copied from another, but with corrupted data. There is no "Gameshark value" for it - its species byte is set to one of the usual 256.
Hmm. Perhaps if someone could get a memory dump with a bad clone in there, we could figure out how they work.

We managed to have a bad clone. Unfortunately, as I said, it has not worked (maybe it's an error of us) with a Jolteon.

We can't use Gameshark to get a lvl.57 Sneasel, because we can't have bad clones on ROMs.

We're once again stuck. If someone is SURE it works on US versions, explain us more, we will try in French version again, with a Sneasel.

Why can't you have bad clones on ROMs? Because you can't do the cloning trick?

I don't believe you can do the cloning trick in VBA, but I remember doing it years ago on no$gmb, another emulator.

Date: 2007-06-27 11:23:20

Why can't you have bad clones on ROMs? Because you can't do the cloning trick?

I don't believe you can do the cloning trick in VBA, but I remember doing it years ago on no$gmb, another emulator.

Yes, because the cloning trick doesn't work in VBA.
But I didn't know that it works with no$gmb
I'll tell one of my glitcher to try it.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-06-27 11:24:52
I have been doing it on ROM. The reason you would need to do it on ROM when you can cheat.

Date: 2007-06-27 11:28:37
Yes, but my glitcher (you must know him, he's registered on this forum, his name is Furfande), tried to have the bad on VBA (because of course it's easy to test something on ROM, you can use gameshark, for exemple to have sneasel) but it didn't work and so, maybe we could change emulator ?

Date: 2007-06-27 12:03:42
Changing the emulator would make very little difference….I think.

Date: 2007-06-27 12:09:26
Fact is… we apparently can clone on No$gmb, which is not possible on VBA. We'll try.

Date: 2007-06-27 12:31:29
I clone loads on VBA, so that statement is incorrect.

Date: 2007-06-27 12:42:20
Really ? I was not sucessful with that. How ? Do you reset the rom ? Or close the emulator ?

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-27 13:05:52
I'm curious as well. When I've tried cloning on VBA, it's never worked. In no$gmb I would just close the emulator while saving, but that doesn't cause a clone in VBA…

The emulator used would make a difference, because emulators are always vastly different in the way they actually emulate the system.

Also, I just tried cloning in no$gmb to make sure I'm not crazy, and it does work. Simply close out of the emu while saving.

Date: 2007-06-27 13:20:13
You reset, not just close.

Date: 2007-06-27 13:22:53
Are you really sure it works ???

Interesting ! I will test.

Date: 2007-06-27 13:26:43

Are you really sure it works ???

Interesting ! I will test.

I am sure, I did it.

Date: 2007-06-27 13:30:44
Okay thanks. So maybe I can do this trick now. I'll do it tomorrow.

Posted by: furfande
Date: 2007-06-30 08:38:36
Thanks for your help  ;)