Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 11

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2007-08-30 17:53:10

I had a no-name bulbasaur, once. Didn't know it was somekind of trick-working bad clone.

I don't think so.. I've had many no-name clones of Sneasel, Rattata, Piloswine, etc. before and none of them changed at the daycare.. The thing is, I think, that they were still too similar to the original Pok?mon, having only the name and the OT missing… When the trick worked with Onix (and it didn't work on first try), his name was blank and he was also was at level 0 (I don't remember about his Pokedex number though…). And he did turn into 000 or 255 (I don't remember) at the daycare. When you get I got it back from the daycare, I put it at the top of my party like in the video. Then when I went to the PC to get a seventh Pok?mon (with the move option), it's name became my name and I think it became another 000.

Sorry I get a little confused with 000 and 255… I played around with the trick and lost the glitched Pokemon, so I can't go back and check…

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-08-31 04:13:30
Okay, I will try to have it.

Re: CELEBI TRICK (egg trick for G/S)

Date: 2007-09-05 12:03:07
Paco showed my how to do the egg trick in the Gold/Silver versions. It is very much like the Celebi trick without eggs, but with a small change. Here is how it is done:

1. Get an egg. If you want Celebi, the egg will have to hatch into a Pok?mon that knows Beat Up as its third move. One way to do this is to breed a male and a female Sneasel who know both know Beat Up as the first move.

2. Get a bad clone. I find the easiest way to get one is to deposit a Pok?mon in the PC, turn off the PC, save from the Start Menu, reset the game about a second after it says "Don't turn off the power."

3. Get any 5 Pok?mon you don't care too much about. Paco says it is important that they all know 4 moves each.

4. Make sure the egg is in the PC. The 5 other Pok?mon and the bad clone should be in your party.

5. Go to the Daycare and talk to the man. Ask him to raise the bad clone. Then take it back from him, and it will be a # 000.

6. Put 000 at the top of your party and go to the PC.

7. Using the "Move PKMN w/o mail" option, move any Pok?mon you don't care about from a PC box to the top of your party. Its name should become the name of its original trainer (OT). You will now have 7 Pok?mon in your party.

8. Go back to the Daycare man and ask him to raise your 000, then go back to the PC.

9. Deposit the first and second party Pok?mon.

10. Using the "Move PKMN w/o mail" option, move the egg from its PC box to the top of your party.

11. Deposit the 4 next party Pok?mon (not the egg).

12. Withdraw any Pok?mon that you didn't use for the trick.

13. Walk around a few minutes and the egg should hatch.

——
Here is Paco's video of the trick:
http://rapidshare.com/files/52836138/Celebi_Egg_GS.zip.html
——

As far as I know, the Celebi egg would be the only way to get the Celebi Pok?dex entry with only one GameBoy (and without a cheating device). However, it seems that the egg trick messes up the Pok?dex, so if we do the trick again to get a different Pok?mon, we might lose some Pok?dex entries. I am trying to work on a way to complete the Pok?dex in spite of that glitch. I'll let you know if it works.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-05 15:56:53
what your position is "unlucky"?. anyway, this glitch looks good, but how should I get a ? ? ? ? ??

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-05 16:02:33
Unlucky = 13 posts.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-09-05 16:04:27
along with the [glow=red,2,300]GREEN[/glow] star, right?

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-09-05 16:04:50
Yeah.

Date: 2007-09-05 16:52:52

As far as I know, the Celebi egg would be the only way to get the Celebi Pok?dex entry with only one GameBoy (and without a cheating device). However, it seems that the egg trick messes up the Pok?dex, so if we do the trick again to get a different Pok?mon, we might lose some Pok?dex entries. I am trying to work on a way to complete the Pok?dex in spite of that glitch. I'll let you know if it works.

Ok, I can't find a way to avoid the Pok?dex glitch, but I think it is still possible to get all 251 Pok?dex entries using only one GameBoy, and without any cheating device. Basically, we can deposit the new eggs in the PC until we have all the eggs we want without making them hatch. Once we are done with glitching the game, we can now hatch the eggs and get the Pok?dex entries. This is useful especially for the legendary Pok?mon that do not appear in the normal G/S/C game and any Pok?mon that evolves only when traded (ex: Alakazam, Machamp, Politoed). I tried this for 2 Pok?mon, and the eggs were still good, so I guess it should be the same for the many eggs we may want.

If we take other Pok?mon, like Spinarak (which isn't in Silver), we don't necessarily need to get a tricked Spinarak egg in Silver. We can simply do the normal "Celebi Trick" to get Spinarak or Ariados, and then breed it the normal way. Of course, the Pok?dex entries we obtain this way can still be lost with the Pok?dex glitch, but at least we can always get them back with the normal breeding/evolution process.

Date: 2007-09-05 17:03:57

what your position is "unlucky"?. anyway, this glitch looks good, but how should I get a ? ? ? ? ??

It's a good thing I'm not superstitious, but I'm still glad I wrote a 14th post…

You don't technically need a ?? ?? ?. To get 000, you can leave your bad clone with the Daycare man and take it back right after. A bad clone will appear in your PC box with the same sprite as the original Pok?mon you cloned. However, its name will be blank and it will be at level 0. Once you withdraw it, it will be at level 1. In the party, its name will be "?".

It is possible to get ?? ? ?? from an egg, but you don't need it for the trick.

Date: 2007-09-06 11:08:30
If we decide to use the egg trick to fill the G/S Pok?dex, I strongly recommand that we wait until after we have all the wanted eggs before we hatch them AND before we catch the Pok?mon that we can normally get just once in the game, meaning those we can't get from a normal egg or by evolution.

I think the most important example of this is Suicune. If we catch Suicune before doing the egg trick, there is a possibility that its Pok?dex data will be lost. If we get Suicune using the "Celebi trick", we will not get the Pok?dex entry. If I am not mistaken, Suicune is equivalent to the move Extremespeed, which can only be learned by Arcanine. Therefore, it would be impossible to get a egg that would know Extremespeed, and so it would be impossible to get Suicune with the egg trick. This is why the only sure way to get Suicune's Pok?dex data would be to get it last, or at least after we are completely done "cheating".

Of course, there is still three other possibilities, but I wouldn't rely on them:
1) the Pok?dex glitch might never happen
2) the Pok?dex glitch might happen without erasing Suicune's entry
3) the Pok?dex glitch might happen and randomly create Suicune's entry

We shouldn't have this problem with the other R/B/Y/G/S/C legendaries, because they are equivalent to moves that can be passed on to an egg. However, Articuno (= Transform) might be tricky, because Transform can only be the first move of an egg (Ditto). Therefore, the egg trick would be slightly different, and the egg will take much longer to hatch.

Date: 2007-09-07 07:04:28
Ok so I just found out that it is technically possible to get a Suicune egg. However it requires some other trick first to make any egg know Arcanine's moves…

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-09-07 23:06:31
When Is someone going to make a simplified version of this glitch and but it on the site? Newo said he would when summer started. Now its over, what progress has bean made? If none then could someone make a page in English, not engrish, English.

Also no offense to Paco for not being able to read his post. You speak Spanish and I can respect but I suck so ya.

Date: 2007-09-13 01:46:35
I'm french, I can't understand any word of Spanish and I don't speak English very well, but Paco's post sounds clear to me. I got no problem to read it, and do it. But I'm not the good person to make a simplified version.

About that, After getting Celebi in Crystal, I have donne the Egg Trick. I got Celebi lvl1 with his four moves and in the pokedex without problems.

I did not tested yet in G/S.

Posted by: froggy25
Date: 2007-09-13 12:44:51
Does Stadium 2 always provoke a Bad Clone with GS too?
If yes, I would try within some hours, I just have to reconnect my N64 >_<

Date: 2007-09-14 13:27:18
Are you the same froggy I know ?

BTW, I don't know for Stadium.