Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 15

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: ????????
Date: 2007-11-29 13:18:00
I can't get the cancel to change into a pokemon sprite .

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2007-12-04 18:46:56
As far as I know, this can only happen in Crystal, and in a PC box that isn't the first one…

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-05 10:18:41

As far as I know, this can only happen in Crystal, and in a PC box that isn't the first one…

It happens in Gold and Silver as well

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-12-06 15:07:47
In the end, the celebi trick is useless, because the egg trick, much easier, brought you a celebi, no ? I mean, according to matt12.

Posted by: Hundemon Despotar
Date: 2007-12-27 15:48:25
Hello mates. This is Hundemon Despotar (Hundemon is german for Houndoom, Despotar is german for Tyranitar)! Well, I completed my yellow version with 216 hours and 151 Pokedex (thanks to Mew Glitch)! As well I have finished my silver version with about 303 hours and 250 Pokedex! I desperately search the web for any ways to obtain celebi (e.g. at http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page or via google search with "celebi glitch" and so on)! It has officially been declared that there is no possibility to get celebi, if you refuse to use a cheating gadget like exploder as well as don't have the possibilty to visit a nintendo event! But I have seen so much "ways" to get a celebi (I guess they all do not work, e.g. get the GS ball from someone). I never got the GS ball and have beaten Elite Four uncountable times, stuff like that! You seem to have found an opportunity for success, I can tell you some other glitches I still have not tried out!

The problem is: What does HEX mean (a greek number, i know)?
What is a bad clone?
I hop you can make me understand that cheat!

I have blue, yellow, silver and crystal version and two gameboy colors!
Thank you and greets from Germany!

Posted by: LedZeplin2
Date: 2007-12-27 16:24:52
A bad clone is a Pokemon messed up during the cloning trick. If you don't know what the cloning trick is, well…

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-12-27 21:10:23
Hex is short for hexadecimal (base-16). It is a numbering system that used 16 digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F) and is commonly used in programming. In R/B/Y/G/S/C, hex numbers are in two digits (FF = 255). Therefore Celebi's "hex" is FB (251). Windows Calculator has functions for converting decimal ("dec", or base 10 - the numbers we use normally) to hex and vice-versa.

Date: 2007-12-28 08:38:12
I know about cloning since 6 years. And I have a shiny Ditto and a shiny Chansey. But how can I mess up a pokemon during cloning??? And I know about hexadecimals (I got that shit in Computer Science), but what got hexadecimals to do with an attack like beat up?

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-28 10:38:01
The attack beat up has the same hex as Celebi

Date: 2007-12-28 11:04:19
Where do I get to know what HEX does an attack, an item or a Pokemon has? Can I choose the attacks of a pokemon I get from the cheat?
HM 09 does not exist in the 2nd generation! Can I use that GS Ball for Celebi at Silver version?

And how do I get a bad clone?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-28 11:22:47

Where do I get to know what HEX does an attack, an item or a Pokemon has? Can I choose the attacks of a pokemon I get from the cheat?
HM 09 does not exist in the 2nd generation! Can I use that GS Ball for Celebi at Silver version?

And how do I get a bad clone?

Bad clone here, for hexes use the BIG LIST. GS Ball (Teru-Sama) has no use if I recall correctly.

Posted by: 123
Date: 2007-12-29 13:23:11
The GS Ball HAS a use in the japanese version, with the cell phone adaptor-thingy, or whatever.

Teru-Sama is a place-holder item, much like Missing Number is a place-holder Pok?mon.

And, Hundemore-Thingy-do, inform yourself

This isn't regular gaming… This is Glitch-gaming, so be sure to learn the rules before you start playing, otherwise you may lose quite quickly…

Date: 2007-12-29 14:23:30
Ok, now I know about bad clones. Bad clones have lv 0, haven't they?
I have seen some peeps using the GS ball in an English crystal version (youtube)! This should work!

Date: 2007-12-29 15:54:27

Ok, now I know about bad clones. Bad clones have lv 0, haven't they?
I have seen some peeps using the GS ball in an English crystal version (youtube)! This should work!
But, you have to 'shark those.  :-\

Date: 2007-12-31 08:02:58
Also one more thing: is there any way I can download more of the files? It only let me download one, as the "limit for free users". How can I get the others? (if it is possible)