Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 10

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-08-27 07:04:50
Weel, you could have celebi in G/S. Paco explained it to me. You just need 000, which do not requires cheating device.

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2007-08-27 08:25:18
And how do we get 000 in silver without a cheating device?

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-08-27 16:54:39
If you can get a GS bad clone there, you can drop it off at daycare, and pick it up again to transform the GS bad clone into a 000.

From there, you can put it at the top of your list to cloak your 5 other Pokemon, and put a 7th in your party. From there, you can drop off the 000, then deposit the things that you want to transform (and are equipped with the appropriate attacks) into a box 1 by 1. After that, take back the 000 (which will transform into 255, incidentally). Now take out the monster(s) that were poised for transformation (for example, the 2nd monster you deposited was to be Celebi, it'd need a Beat Up attack in the 1st position. If the 3rd monster you deposited was to be Celebi, it'd need a Beat Up attack in the 2nd position. The 1st monster can't generally become Celebi, since it would be required to hold HM 09, something that'd you have to glitch to get first).

The next step is to leave the monster poised to transform with the daycare man (I guess lady would work too?). If you go outside, you should see that it has transformed. Go back in, and take it back. You should now have your new monster.

Date: 2007-08-28 00:32:17
Interesting, thanks. I'll make sure I try that.

Though, would it be possible to get the G/S Pokedex data for the new Pokemon?

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-08-28 02:29:42
I suspect that you'd have to use the Egg method to get it to register in the Pokedex.

Either that, or trade back and forth.

Oh, and btw…. I just pulled off the trick!

Not the main one… I was having trouble with it (I suspect I did something wrong). I did the GS method on Crystal, and that worked just fine!

I'll tell you right now… there are a lot of land-mines on the way to success. If you so much as look at a glitch monster's stats at the wrong time, it could change it's form. Getting a "Cancel Kingdra" requires that you don't accidentally open the dialogue for withdrawing a monster on the way down.

I also couldn't get a bad clone to appear… although I guess I managed to get one a year back, because I found an old save file that had one. All I had to do was extract it (and the Cancel Kingdra) to use it.

I left my bad clone at daycare, and it didn't become 000 the first time. It did the 2nd time, so I guess I just messed up.

Another thing that happened was my 000 getting a glitch name that kept crashing the game when it was in daycare. I had to look at Prof Oak's PC to make that stop.

Something happened to the box that my bad clone had come from as well… it had a glitch number, and a 5 next to it. Yet looking at it, there was nothing there. I suspect that this was because of a glitch monster that was cloaking 5 other monsters that somehow ended up there from previous experiments… rather than something I did this time around.

In any case, it definitely worked, as my 5 test subjects transformed just as they did in the video. I didn't actually try for a Celebi, I just used random stuff. I got a Graveler, a Blissey, and a couple of 000s. I also got the 255 you get when you take back your bad clone/000 from the guy.

Date: 2007-08-28 08:00:15
No, there is a way to have 000 without cheating device or bad clone ! Paco explained it in this topic !

And he sent me a video to explain !

Date: 2007-08-28 10:51:20
OK, so I tried a little bit in Silver, and I finally managed to get a real bad clone of an Onix (for some reason it worked better than with Pidgeot, Piloswine or Sneasel). The difference between this "real bad clone" and the "bad clones" I had before is that Onix's level became 0 in the PC box, and 1 in the party. It did change to 000 at the Daycare.

There is however a problem: I can't seem to release 000 or 255. Is there something to do about that?

And one more question: what would be the egg trick for G/S ?

Date: 2007-08-28 14:48:08

No, there is a way to have 000 without cheating device or bad clone ! Paco explained it in this topic !

And he sent me a video to explain !

Could you tell me how, please?

Date: 2007-08-29 08:14:54
Well, since I don't know how to explain, here's the video Paco sent to me

http://rapidshare.com/files/49300668/Missingno_000_Gold.zip.html

Then once gotten it I think you know what to do to have celebi.
I did NOT try but I don't think Paco would lie at this point.

He also explained to me how to have 255 without Gameshark OR Bad CLone Trick, I tested, it works.

Date: 2007-08-29 09:03:33
Thanks!!

Does it only work with the red Gyarados?

Date: 2007-08-29 10:06:49
I don't know but that would not be logic. Better ask Paco.

Date: 2007-08-29 19:20:55
Well I just managed to get a bad clone of Onix again, so that will do! lol

Date: 2007-08-30 09:43:18
Have you tested ? It works ?

Date: 2007-08-30 10:12:31
Well I tried the way shown in the video you posted, but I don't have the red Gyarados, so I used many Onix's to replace Gyrados, but I got nothing… Then, I just deposited an Onix in the PC, turned off the PC and saved the game using the "start menu". About a second or so after "Don't turn off the power.", I did a reset and when I went back to the PC, I saw a level 0 Onix with no name. Then I did about the same thing as in Paco's video for G/S, but I didn't have a Sneasel, so I ended up turning an Onix into a Grimer…

Date: 2007-08-30 15:03:26
So, the trick works, now just having 000 is complicated. Well, I think Paco was lucky, but with a little practice, that should work.

I had a no-name bulbasaur, once. Didn't know it was somekind of trick-working bad clone.