Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 19

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: TheFrigz
Date: 2009-08-17 15:33:11
Hello everyone. 

I have used the Celebi Trick now to obtain both Celebi and Mewtwo.  However, I was wondering.  Is there a way to obtain these Pokemon with the glitch that sets them at level 0 so that they may get their starting moves?  I read about the Celebi Egg Trick, which seems to be what I'm looking for.  However, I have been unable to find much information on it, and the video in French didn't help me.  I will list specific questions to make my problem easier to solve.

Paco showed my how to do the egg trick in the Gold/Silver versions. It is very much like the Celebi trick without eggs, but with a small change. Here is how it is done:

1. Get an egg. If you want Celebi, the egg will have to hatch into a Pok?mon that knows Beat Up as its third move. One way to do this is to breed a male and a female Sneasel who know both know Beat Up as the first move.

2. Get a bad clone. I find the easiest way to get one is to deposit a Pok?mon in the PC, turn off the PC, save from the Start Menu, reset the game about a second after it says "Don't turn off the power."

3. Get any 5 Pok?mon you don't care too much about. Paco says it is important that they all know 4 moves each.

4. Make sure the egg is in the PC. The 5 other Pok?mon and the bad clone should be in your party.

5. Go to the Daycare and talk to the man. Ask him to raise the bad clone. Then take it back from him, and it will be a # 000.

6. Put 000 at the top of your party and go to the PC.

7. Using the "Move PKMN w/o mail" option, move any Pok?mon you don't care about from a PC box to the top of your party. Its name should become the name of its original trainer (OT). You will now have 7 Pok?mon in your party.

8. Go back to the Daycare man and ask him to raise your 000, then go back to the PC.

9. Deposit the first and second party Pok?mon.

10. Using the "Move PKMN w/o mail" option, move the egg from its PC box to the top of your party.

11. Deposit the 4 next party Pok?mon (not the egg).

12. Withdraw any Pok?mon that you didn't use for the trick.  I'm afraid I don't understand what this means at all.  Withdraw all Pokemon from the box that weren't used in the trick at all?  I just don't understand what this means.

13. Walk around a few minutes and the egg should hatch.

——
Here is Paco's video of the trick:
http://rapidshare.com/files/52836138/Celebi_Egg_GS.zip.html Unfortunately, this video is no longer available.  Is there any way someone who already downloaded it could somehow give it to me?
——

As far as I know, the Celebi egg would be the only way to get the Celebi Pok?dex entry with only one GameBoy (and without a cheating device). However, it seems that the egg trick messes up the Pok?dex, so if we do the trick again to get a different Pok?mon, we might lose some Pok?dex entries. I am trying to work on a way to complete the Pok?dex in spite of that glitch. I'll let you know if it works.

Also, at the beginning of the quote is says Gold/Silver.  Does this egg trick work in Crystal too?  Because both my Gold and Silver's internal batteries died.  D:

Here is another question I have.

The egg trick is the ultimate acheivement of that glitch it allows you a lvl 1 Celebi, in the pok?dex, without any problems, and with is own moves from the begining.

And then you could use the glitched box to modify your game and gets any pokemons, shinies, items, and attack you want without doing again the bad clone trick.

Can someone elaborate further on this last point?  How does one use the glitched box to get shinies and other Pokemon without using another bad clone?  For that matter, what is the glitched box?  I don't understand–isn't the main crux of the egg trick the egg?  It seems logical, for me at least, that in order to get more Pokemon and items that you want, you'd need another egg, hence another bad clone.  Can someone help me out, please?  Sorry for posting in this topic after such a long period of it being dead, but I figured it was better than making a new topic about a glitch that already had a 19-page topic.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2009-08-17 16:39:59
I'm afraid I don't understand what this means at all.  Withdraw all pokemon from the box that weren't used in the trick at all?  I just don't understand what this means.

If I remember correctly you start with an empty box, so it would be anything in the box which isn't currently in your party

Unfortunately, this video is no longer available.  Is there any way someone who already downloaded it could somehow give it to me?

I have the video, but it is quite large. Someone who apparently knows him uploaded this to Youtube:
[spoiler][youtube]BIz1RAg25yM[/youtube][/spoiler]

Also, at the beginning of the quote is says Gold/Silver.  Does this egg trick work in Crystal too?  Because both my Gold and Silver's internal batteries died.

I have done this on Crystal in the past. Others also have claimed to do it.

Can someone elaborate further on this last point?  How does one use the glitched box to get shinies and other pokemon without using another bad clone?  I don't understand–isn't the main crux of the egg trick the egg?  It seems logical, for me at least, that in order to get more pokemon and items that you want, you'd need another egg, hence another bad clone.  Can someone help me out, please?  Sorry for posting in this topic after such a long period of it being dead, but I figured it was better than making a new topic about a glitch that already had a 19-page topic.

I think the glitched box has no limiter on it, allowing you to obtain Pokemon from elsewhere in the RAM, Ulitmately meaning that any combination is possible.

Date: 2009-08-18 21:02:39

I'm afraid I don't understand what this means at all.  Withdraw all pokemon from the box that weren't used in the trick at all?  I just don't understand what this means.

If I remember correctly you start with an empty box, so it would be anything in the box which isn't currently in your party

Thank you.

Unfortunately, this video is no longer available.  Is there any way someone who already downloaded it could somehow give it to me?

I have the video, but it is quite large. Someone who apparently knows him uploaded this to Youtube:

Is there a link to that by any chance?

Also, at the beginning of the quote is says Gold/Silver.  Does this egg trick work in Crystal too?  Because both my Gold and Silver's internal batteries died.

I have done this on Crystal in the past. Others also have claimed to do it.

Thank you.

Can someone elaborate further on this last point?  How does one use the glitched box to get shinies and other pokemon without using another bad clone?  I don't understand–isn't the main crux of the egg trick the egg?  It seems logical, for me at least, that in order to get more pokemon and items that you want, you'd need another egg, hence another bad clone.  Can someone help me out, please?  Sorry for posting in this topic after such a long period of it being dead, but I figured it was better than making a new topic about a glitch that already had a 19-page topic.

I think the glitched box has no limiter on it, allowing you to obtain Pokemon from elsewhere in the RAM, Ulitmately meaning that any combination is possible.

Any chance there is some sort of guide to doing so?

Date: 2009-08-19 07:16:44

Is there a link to that by any chance?

It should be in the spoiler, if not it is:
www.youtube.com/?v=BIz1RAg25yM

Any chance there is some sort of guide to doing so?

I'll have a look…

Date: 2009-08-19 11:35:00
Thank you, your help is much appreciated!

EDIT:  Also, unless I am mistaken, that video links to the Celebi Trick, not the Egg Trick.  But thanks anyway :P.

Date: 2009-08-19 12:00:59

Thank you, your help is much appreciated!

EDIT:  Also, unless I am mistaken, that video links to the Celebi Trick, not the Egg Trick.  But thanks anyway :P.

It does appear to be…
(To be honest I didn't read correctly) I'll see if I can find one on the egg trick.

Although it gives a general idea…

Date: 2009-08-19 12:56:35
Yes, that is true.  I have done the Celebi Trick twice now, once for Celebi and once for Mewtwo.  The only reason I am interested in the Celebi Egg Trick instead is because I want the Pokemon that I glitch to have their starting moves.  As a Crystal user, Ho-oh does not know Sacred Fire and Lugia does not know Aeroblast, and I'd like to fix that.

EDIT-I found out some information  (it was in this thread..I'm so embarrassed D:)  but it is mostly difficult for me to understand since English is not Paco's first language, so his description of some things make it hard for me to comprehend.  I suppose I will have a look at his videos then, despite Rapidshare's annoying download limit.

EDIT2-I did the Egg Trick successfully (I think..), but I received a few oddities in return.  On the step that said withdraw all Pokemon you didn't use, I didn't withdraw anything because I didn't understand, so I was walking around with a ? egg.  It hatched, and I got Celebi and L0 as expected.  I leveled it up to L1 with a Rare Candy, and it learned all its starting moves as I had hoped.  But then, when I leveled it up to L2 with another Rare Candy, things got a little weird.  It said "What? ? is evolving?" and then showed a Sandshrew evolving into a Sandslash.  "Congratulations, your ? evolved into a Sandslash!"  then immediately after I was presented with yet another evolution screen.  "What? ? is evolving?"  only this time it showed a Houndour evolving into a Houndoom.  "Congratulations, your ? evolved into a Houndoom!"  After that, the weirdness stopped.  My Celebi was still untouched and perfectly normal as far as I could tell, and there certainly wasn't a Sandslash OR a Houndoom anywhere in my party or my boxes, so I don't really know what happened there.  I deleted ALL the Pokemon modified by this glitch in Pokemon Stadium 2 (except Celebi of course) just because of this strangeness, so hopefully my game will not suffer damage because of this.  But has anyone else ever experienced something like this, or has enough expertise to offer an explanation?

Posted by: dandelodarky
Date: 2009-10-27 01:53:49
I discovered a new glitch using pokemons corresponding item without the use of bad clones.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-27 19:29:43

I discovered a new glitch using pokemons corresponding item without the use of bad clones.

Could you please extrapolate?

Posted by: echinodermata
Date: 2009-10-28 00:52:37

Could you please elaborate?

^ fixed

Date: 2009-10-28 02:47:22
http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm

In the celebi trick, you use pokemon corresponding TM/Move to glitch but I found a way to glitch pokemon using their corresponding item.

I got a mewtwo through a pokemon holding mysteryberry.

btw, in the biglist.

Magickarp corresponding G/S/C item is Egg ticket
and the rest are Teru - Sama

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-10-28 17:24:27
Could you tell us how you did so?

Date: 2009-10-28 23:48:03
@Axaj i'll make a video.

Celebi corresponding G/S/C item is HM09.
its description says it is an attack that can cause paralysis and this HM is not stored in the TM/HM list so it's useless.

Date: 2009-10-29 00:58:13

Yea, it is true. you can get any item or pokemon using the glitched box but i dunno how to do the shinies stuff.

The wonderful things that a glitched box can do:

1.) you can get any item or pokemon you want.
2.) you can reskill your pokemon.
3.) the gliched box can inherit moves to a glitched pokemon. ( I have a Celebi that knows Moonlight)
4.)  Last, you don't need a bad clone/eggs in order to do this.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-29 05:52:57
Just make sure you either give us step-by-step directions or link us to the video so we can actually do it ourselves.