Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 18

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2008-10-05 15:12:21

Maybe we should spread the word about this glitch, so some people will actually test it.

Then again, I think Paco81 should take the credit for it, considering the fact that he did all the work… so perhaps something a little more controlled would be a better idea than just throwing it out there.

Thoughts?

nice point,anyway i think we should put it on another site,and tell them Paco81,is the discoverer,then from there people will put it on other sites,and the first site this is put on,make an agreement with an administrator,to know,and recognize Paco81 as the discoverer,so no fakes say that this glitch is theirs,if any fake says its his/or her glitch,we tell the administrator of the site to inform the person that this is Paco81's glitch,that's just my oppinion,any comments?

Are you sure that Paco81 discovered this glitch? I saw it like a million times on YouTube and I'm not sure if it's copied from this site. Please don't yell at me for  this because I just joined like 5 minutes ago.

Posted by: windwakr
Date: 2008-10-05 22:33:21
This glitch was submitted in march of last year. None of the "millions" of youtube videos of it were posted even near that time.

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2008-10-07 13:26:51

Referring to the Celebi egg trick: Does it matter what kind of pokemon the bad clone is?

And does anyone know if it is possible in any way to make Celebi learn Heal Bell and Recover without Cheating Device? If so, please tell me how to do so!

It is possible. My Celebi did learn these moves after it hatched from an egg at level 0.

Here's a little tip for the Celebi Egg Trick: get a male Sneasel to learn Beat Up (lv 57) and mate it with a female Diglett; the baby Diglett should get Beat Up in third position.

Posted by: BLMNDEF
Date: 2008-10-19 18:16:02

This glitch was submitted in march of last year. None of the "millions" of youtube videos of it were posted even near that time.

Oh okay well nice find then Paco8!

Posted by: Hundemon Despotar
Date: 2008-11-07 15:59:08
When you do the Celebi Trick, the Pokemon will "lose" the move that was the first move of the Pokemon before and will get a new fourth move. I have taken the examble that Paco81 used to show the Celebi Trick:

1: Acid Armor (# 97 ) = 151
2: Splash (# 96 ) = 150
3: Beat Up (# FB ) = 251
4: Reflect (# 73 ) = 115

5: Submission (# 42 ) = 66
6: Agility (# 61 ) = 97
7: Karate Chop (# 2) = 02
8: Belly Drum (# BB ) = 187
9: Barrier (# 70 ) = 112

Is there any way to determine what move will be the "fourth move" when the pokemon "loses" the move that was the first move of the Pokemon before?
I would like to get a Ho-Oh with Sacred Fire, but without doing the Egg Trick (The Daycare man has a defect on my Crystal version –> read more at "http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4250.0.html").

Posted by: MrPerson0
Date: 2008-11-19 14:42:23
This glitch does work in Gold and Silver, right? To get a bad clone, do you turn the game off after, or before you would in Crystal to get a bad clone?

Date: 2008-11-24 18:31:30

This glitch does work in Gold and Silver, right? To get a bad clone, do you turn the game off after, or before you would in Crystal to get a bad clone?

The original post refers only to Crystal, but the other versions of the trick should work on G/S/G… To get a bad clone, I found it was easier to do if you turn the game off about a second after it says "don't turn off the power.", but that's when you save from the start menu, and not when you save while changing pc box.

Posted by: Vivi Ornitier
Date: 2009-01-14 15:51:06
OMG, I was trying the egg trick on my Silver and I made a mistake and missed a step, so I ended up with a mess lol. I had forgotten to deposit both the first and the second pokemon in my party, and when it came to depositing four pokemon, the last onehad mail attached to it and trying to get rid of it caused my game to crash. So I reverted to my last save (before depositing the pokemon) and took the 255 from the Daycare Man, which changed the pokemon back to normal so I could deposit them, but the egg hatched into a Sneasel.
So I decided to try again. Using the 255 from before, I did the steps which come after changing the 000 into a 255 and did everything correctly I think… And out pops a Pichu!

For some reason I have 2 255s which I have no idea how to get rid of.

Another thing, when I was testing around with the glitch, the first time I used two Sneasel with the Beat Up in first slot, the offspring hatched with Beat Up in the first slot. And the second time I used an egg from Sneasel with Beat Up in the third slot, but I guess due to the 255s, it just made some crazy stuff!

OK, so here are my questions which I hope you can help me with:
1: When breeding the two Sneasel, where does the move Beat Up have to be? I read a post by matt12 on page 11, which said that the move needed to be the first move on the list. As the offspring came out with Beat Up as its first move, I'd just like confirmation of where it should be, because when I made the mistake, it might have just changed some things maybe?

2: How do I get rid of the 255s? I don't think that I can use them when doing this trick, as it just created more 255s and did useless stuff.  >:( When trying to deposit them it cloaks every pokemon below it and can't be selected itself. What should I do? Can I use them in a useful way?

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you can help me on my to getting that super cute Celebi!

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-14 16:39:25
Get rid of all those 255 except one, (you can use this one for the cloaking glitch to get past the glitch guard to trade G/S/C pokemon to R/B/Y but they will revert to Glitches, 'M or their hex equivalents), by using the release button

Date: 2009-01-15 01:46:27

Get rid of all those 255 except one, (you can use this one for the cloaking glitch to get past the glitch guard to trade G/S/C pokemon to R/B/Y but they will revert to Glitches, 'M or their hex equivalents), by using the release button

I can't select release on them, because when I try to deposit them I can't select any of the pokemon as they are cloaked.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-15 10:00:49
Move them down the list.  You should still be able to switch them posistions.

Date: 2009-01-18 09:02:06
Moving them down the list doesn't allow me to select them.

Date: 2009-01-28 06:29:43
OK, I've got rid of them by trading to my Blue where they turned into Charizard 'M, so now I just want to check whether the two Sneasels making an egg need to have Beat Up as their first or their third move. Can someone confirm?

Date: 2009-02-02 19:01:24

OK, so here are my questions which I hope you can help me with:
1: When breeding the two Sneasel, where does the move Beat Up have to be? I read a post by matt12 on page 11, which said that the move needed to be the first move on the list. As the offspring came out with Beat Up as its first move, I'd just like confirmation of where it should be, because when I made the mistake, it might have just changed some things maybe?

If you have a male and a female Sneasel and they both know ONLY Beat Up, their baby should get Beat Up as it's third move. If the parents know more than just Beat Up, the position at which it is should have no impact on the baby. What I assume happened is that your male Sneasel knew some TM moves, which go on to the baby.

Here's a tip to save time: 1) Raise a male Sneasel up to L.57 so it learns Beat Up (don't use TMs). 2) Catch a wild female Diglett or Dugtrio. 3) Put both of them at the daycare together, the baby Diglett should then get Beat Up as the third move.

To avoid complications, I suggest that you make any Sneasel you use for the trick forget Faint Attack, as this move will turn into mail, and therefore make it impossible to move the Pokemon on the PC.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2009-03-03 02:04:32
I made a video. It starts from when you get Clones and Bad Clone, and finish to the egg trick, when you get your final Celebi. You should watch it if this helps.

It's annoted in French, sorry for that. Just don't read if you don't understand

Here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfha_R_agGk