Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 17

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: ????????
Date: 2008-05-13 07:07:59
The trick does work, but you can't use the gs ball.

Posted by: Bennieboj
Date: 2008-05-20 15:23:31

Would it be possible to try the glitch on my friend's silver version and trade the gs ball (attached to another pkmn then celebi) to muy gold version. And use the gs ball there to let celebi come out of the shrine ??

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-05-25 17:29:04

Would it be possible to try the glitch on my friend's silver version and trade the gs ball (attached to another pkmn then celebi) to muy gold version. And use the gs ball there to let celebi come out of the shrine ??
The GS Ball does nothing on Gold and Silver.

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2008-05-28 08:26:51
You CAN actually Use the GSBall in US/EU Crystal version. But when Gamefreaks delete the GSBall from US/EU games, they also locked the event. You need a gameshark to unlock it. Once done, you can use the GSball and capture you own official Celebi.

It definitively works, but you still need gameshark…

Posted by: Bennieboj
Date: 2008-05-28 11:56:02

You CAN actually Use the GSBall in US/EU Crystal version. But when Gamefreaks delete the GSBall from US/EU games, they also locked the event. You need a gameshark to unlock it. Once done, you can use the GSball and capture you own official Celebi.

It definitively works, but you still need gameshark…

There isn't a easy way to get Celebi right ??  ;D

Date: 2008-06-06 14:09:39
I'm still searching a way to unlock this event but I don't think you actually can do it, without using gameshark.

So I still use Bad Clone Trick  ;D

Posted by: Chaos Rush
Date: 2008-06-07 11:42:45
I tried the Celebi trick on my Gold version…but I might have messed up. This is what I did:
1. Caught a Sneasel
2. Trained it to Lv57, made it learn Beat Up, 3rd Slot
3. Nicknamed the Sneasel, "CCCCCELEBI"
4. Cloned Sneasel 4 times
5. Spent about 20 minutes getting a bad Sneasel clone
6. *Has 5 non-glitch Sneasel's in party* Withdrew glitch Sneasel from PC, gave it to the daycare lady
7. Took it back from the daycare lady
8. Moved the glitch Sneasel to the top of my party
9. Went to my PC, used MOVE PKMN W/O MAIL, and placed a useless Pichu clone at the top of my party
10. Gave the glitch Sneasel to the daycare lady
11. Deposited Pichu (Which was now Level 0, WTF?), then deposited the next 4 Sneasels.
12. Took the bad clone Sneasel back from the daycare lady.
13. Gave one Sneasel to the daycare lady and took it back.

After I did step 13, I had a Level 100 Celebi with odd moves…so then I turned off my GBASP and turned it on again, but I forgot that the game saves when you do MOVE PKMN W/O MAIL, so I was stuck with all these glitch Pokemon… and any Pokemon I withdrew turned to Lv0 and their name would glitch…so I completely restarted, at the Title Screen I pressed Up+Select+B to completely erase my glitched save file, and now I'm doing a desperate speed run to get back to where I was.

Posted by: Hundemon Despotar
Date: 2008-06-09 07:30:33
When I got the Celebi at lv. 02, will it still be able to learn Heal Bell and Recover? As told at Bulbapedia, Celebi has these two moves from the very start, so I guess it won't learn them and the very first move to get by learning will be Safeguard at lv. 10! Does anyone know if I can make Celebi to learn the two moves?

If not, how can I determine the fourth move of the pokemon during the Celebi-Trick? For examble, the first (bad) clone will lose Acid Armor and the fourth move is determined to be submission. And the second clone will lose Splash and the fourth move will be Agility. But how can I decide what the fourth move will be? What does the determination of the fourth move depend on? Please, who can help me?

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2008-06-14 01:05:39

When I got the Celebi at lv. 02, will it still be able to learn Heal Bell and Recover? As told at Bulbapedia, Celebi has these two moves from the very start, so I guess it won't learn them and the very first move to get by learning will be Safeguard at lv. 10! Does anyone know if I can make Celebi to learn the two moves?

You can do the Celebi trick with a Sneasel egg rather than Sneasel itself. This way, you'll create a Celebi egg which should hatch at level 0. I've done it once before, but I don't remember if Celebi will know Heal Bell as it is born or when it grows to level 1… One thing I remember however is that this won't work if the Celebi egg is deposited into the PC before you hatch it.

I think the egg trick is somewhere in this topic..

Date: 2008-06-14 18:03:31
Does the egg trick work in crystal? There has only been told it works in Gold and Silver. I don't wanna train Sneasel for naught. I trained one male Sneasel from lv22 to lv57 during watch european football championship. This nearly drove me mad and I really don't wanna train the female sneasel when it is totally not necessary.

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2008-06-15 14:58:27

Does the egg trick work in crystal? There has only been told it works in Gold and Silver. I don't wanna train Sneasel for naught. I trained one male Sneasel from lv22 to lv57 during watch european football championship. This nearly drove me mad and I really don't wanna train the female sneasel when it is totally not necessary.

I'm don't know for sure, but I would think it does work on Crystal.. Either way, I would suggest you clone and use Rare Candies, it's a lot faster ! ;)

Date: 2008-06-16 09:15:35
Referring to the Celebi egg trick: Does it matter what kind of pokemon the bad clone is?

And does anyone know if it is possible in any way to make Celebi learn Heal Bell and Recover without Cheating Device? If so, please tell me how to do so!

Date: 2008-06-29 06:13:17
Hey. I succeded in doing the egg trick. But I have a problem now. When I talk to the daycare man to get the pokemon back, the game will freeze. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

The egg trick is the best, as you can a Celebi with a normal status (the same as you would have caught it).

Now I have my Celebi and my perfect save data from silver version will be a ultra super perfect save data with all pokemon and so on.

I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys, I love you guys!

Thank you!

I am going to add the egg trick to the german translations. The next days or weeks you can find it there.

Posted by: OtakuReborn
Date: 2008-07-03 12:04:33
Is it just me, or are there two versions to this glitch?

One seems to result in an instant Celebi, the other results in an egg that hatches into a Celebi? Am I wrong in saying this? I've been trying to follow this, but I'm somewhat confused. There is a youtube video posted by somebody who did it with Pokemon Stadium 2, and if I recall correctly, his method did not have an egg, and Celebi was at Level 2, but it had an unnatural moveset.

Date: 2008-07-22 04:59:41
The egg trick is the ultimate acheivement of that glitch it allows you a lvl 1 Celebi, in the pok?dex, without any problems, and with is own moves from the begining.

And then you could use the glitched box to modify your game and gets any pokemons, shinies, items, and attack you want without doing again the bad clone trick.