Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Added Submissions

CELEBI TRICK - Page 9

Re: CELEBI TRICK

Posted by: PT
Date: 2007-08-14 18:32:01
Alright, I'll give it a go. No idea if this helps or if this is even the same concept here, but it got me the same result. Please note that I am the farthest thing from an expert when it comes to game mechanics and most of the explanation is speculation.

What happened: Start up Silver version. I decided to (finally) hatch the eggs kicking around in one of my boxes. So I withdraw one. The egg is named Porygon… And has an item? Anyways, I bike up and down Goldenrod for a while, and it hatches. "Celebi came out of its egg!" Brain esplodes. After saving the game (which means I don't have the egg anymore. Sorry.) I check things out. Celebi's at level one, is holding a Bitterberry, and knows Tackle, Sharpen, Conversion and Recover. It's data's in the pokedex too, so it's legit.

What I think happened: I tried cloning my level 50 Porygon, which has the same four attacks, but was holding Up-Grade. The clone must've not worked and given me a bad egg. But the egg was still good. So it was a good bad egg. (If that makes sense.)

Went and looked up the values for everything involved, and not much makes sense.

53 83 Fire Spin Farfetch'd Bitterberry
AC 172 Flame Wheel Pichu Upgrade
9F 159 Sharpen Croconaw Level Ball
21 33 Tackle Nidorino X Accuracy
69 105 Recover Marowak Stick
A0 160 Conversion Feraligatr Lure Ball
FB 251 Beat Up Celebi
89 137 Glare Porygon "-" Symbol
FD 253 Glitch Move Egg

I dun get it. Is this related to Paco's method, something different, or just a random act of programming?

Posted by: missingno_master
Date: 2007-08-14 18:33:19
???

Posted by: Krys3000
Date: 2007-08-16 09:27:01
I did not really understand what happened to you, PT.
How do you get those eggs ?

Date: 2007-08-16 11:53:36

What, you mean BadEGG? It's easy. Just enter a gameshark code to get a Pokemon incorrectly, and sure enough, you'll find it.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-08-16 16:27:57

What, you mean BadEGG? It's easy. Just enter a gameshark code to get a Pokemon incorrectly, and sure enough, you'll find it.

If it is in the PC. It will automatically turn to a badEGG if strange. In the wild, it trys to become a pokemon.

Date: 2007-08-17 03:32:08
Actually I know how to get BadEgg, but what I didn't understand is what did he do and what happened then.

Date: 2007-08-17 10:46:28
What did who do and what happened where?

Date: 2007-08-17 11:50:16
Err… Sorry I'm not english so I don't understand all

What I think he did, tell me if that is wrong : He had a Bad Egg. Stocked him on PC. Then retired him and make it hatches. It was a celebi

What I didn't understand is why, cause I can't understand all of the second part ("What I think happened")

Date: 2007-08-17 12:03:15
BadEGG can't hatch. And who are you talking about? You're friend?

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-08-18 15:18:54
Yes it can

Posted by: PT
Date: 2007-08-18 21:32:44

Err… Sorry I'm not english so I don't understand all

What I think he did, tell me if that is wrong : He had a Bad Egg. Stocked him on PC. Then retired him and make it hatches. It was a celebi

What I didn't understand is why, cause I can't understand all of the second part ("What I think happened")

Close. The egg was in my PC. I withdrew it, hatched it, and Celebi came out of it.

I don't understand why either. That second part was my guess at what made the egg hatch into Celebi.

The question: Is my situation the same thing as Paco's instructions to get Celebi, is it related to it, or is it something entirely different?

Date: 2007-08-19 10:50:33
Well actually, I think it is different.

But then, you bad egg hatched… First time I see that.

Posted by: matt12
Date: 2007-08-26 17:05:38
I've tried many more times in Silver, even in a new game, but I can't seem to get a bad clone like the one I got in Crystal… They are similar, but in Silver, the name is blank, rather than ???????????.. Yet, it doesn't seem to corrupt the PC box…

I really wish I knew the proper Celebi trick for Silver…

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-08-26 23:17:18
PT, without more information, it is too difficult to say. You said you found an egg that was just sitting there in your box, and hatched that, and happened to get Celebi?

Edit: One of the methods here, does indeed, work like this. If you used a Porygon as one of the "catalysts", it's conceivable for it to donate those moves to the eventual egg.

Of course, this is just guessing, since we don't know how you got that egg.

I'm doing some editing of Paco's post… we should have a clearer image of the instructions, even if we may still have some questions on how to work this.

I really wish I new the proper Celebi trick for Silver…

Edit: I found a movie of this on my harddrive… apparently the "blankly named" "bad clone" is part of the trick. I'll host it up - I'm almost finished with the editing of the initial method.

Posted by: rby4ever
Date: 2007-08-27 06:42:37
Here is my editing job. Consider it a beta version. I'll likely just write my own version from scratch for the final edition.

This Celebi Trick only works in the Crystal Version.

The Celebi Trick has 2 minimum requirements:

1. Have gained the Pokemon League.

2. Have a box of the PC of Bill that never we have filled totally (this trick doesn't work in Box 1… and it doesn't work either if at any point our box of choice was ever full). It is ideal, and most simple, to have a box that we have never used at all (although not necessary, as there is another solution).

To obtain a Celebi we need:

1. A bad clone pokemon ("5-question-marks (aka "?????") with a hex of 00, FF, FE, etc.").

2. A pokemon with the Beat Up attack.

Why Beat Up attack?

The pokemon or item you recieve with this trick. will depend of the Hex value (HEX) of an attack pokemon.Tthe Beat Up attack agrees with the HEX value of Celebi (FB HEX). Sneasel is only pokemon that learns this attack by level (lv57).

Now, I am going to explain the trick with an example for simplicity's sake. Remember that you can obtain any Pokemon or item by choosing an attack that agrees on the HEX of what you want.

Since a pokemon can learn 4 attacks at the most… it is possible to obtain 4 different pokemon and 4 different items. We will need a clone pokemon that has the necessary attacks for each pokemon or item which we want.

For the example I used:

4 Sneasels (Note: plus 1 bad clone sneasel?), at lv57, with the following attacks.

1. Acid Armor
2. Splash
3. Beat Up
4. Reflect

Which equates to:

Acid Armor = 97 HEX = Mew = Dragon Scale
Splash = 96 HEX = Mewtwo = Mystery Berry
Beat Up = FB HEX = Celebi = HM 09
Reflect = 73 HEX = Kangaskhan = GS Ball

Activating the Celebi Trick:

1. In a box of the PC that never we have used (or at least never been filled), we deposited to the 4 Sneasel lv57 in the first positions (remember, Sneasel is just an example, anything should work).

2. In the position 5 we deposited to a Sneasel lv57 bad clone, and in the 6 to another Sneasel or some other pokemon that no longer we are going to use (it will be exchanged). Then we save the game inside of the first pokemon center and we reset the game.

3. When reinitiating the game, we take the necessary action to enter the chosen box with the Withdraw option, until we see sprite of Kingdra lv62. Now we press the cursor downwards (and sometimes the A or B button repeatedly when a dialogue arrow appears (note: but being careful not to activate a menu on the selected monster… not sure if it has any ill effects though)) to see the sprite of another Kingdra (we will notice that it is a different Kingdra because the sprite will be obscured by letters and levels will change). We continue pressing the cursor downwards until arriving at sprite of the Kingdra of position 6 (remember that in the box we have a total of 6 pokemon).

4. THIS step is the step that activates the trick. Once we are on the sprite of the Kingdra of position 6, we press the cursor again downwards and now the CANCEL word also will be transformed into a Kingdra (you will also be unable to move the cursor down any further). Once the CANCEL word has been transformed into Kingdra, withdraw it. Once you've done that, the Sneasels in the box will all be called NEASEL and will be equipped. Scroll down the bad clone Sneasel, and withdraw it as well (you will now only have to press A or B once when the dialogue arrow shows up).

5. Before withdrawing the Sneasels, it is recommended to eliminate the Kingdra/Cancel that we just withdrew. Use the PC of Professor Oak just before, to avoid the annoyance of the screen that becomes blank and transforms the sprites of the other pokemon. Then go into Bill's PC, and use the deposit menu to release the Kingdra without having to deposit it.

6. Now the Sneasels that are in the box will be called EASEL. Withdraw them all with the exception of the last pokemon (which is technically "Cancel" again). We will see that by each Sneasel that we withdraw, those that are still there will be losing a letter each time (ASEL, SEL, EL).

Celebi Trick video:

Celebi.zip 15 MB (15765 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/21594594/Celebi.zip.html

Once we have withdrawn the 4 Sneasel and the bad clone Sneasel ("?????"), the party they will be seen thus:

- The bad clone Sneasel that we withdrew will be lv1. We will see that the Acid Armor attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Dragon Scale). The other attacks moved a place upwards and a new attack appeared. This Sneasel will appear as the Trainer Sprite in battle, just like the ????? glitch. The recommended thing is that we take the item from this Sneasel so it does not cause annoyances.

- The second Sneasel that we withdrew, called EASEL, will be at lv100. We will see that the Splash attack (that was in the first position, second position on the previous monster) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Mystery Berry). The other attacks will have moved a place upwards and a new attack will appear below the previous new attack. This Sneasel in battle is a Mew (the Dragon Scale that the bad clone had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Mew).

(Note that I am skipping these next few, since they are obvious now… it's a progressive chain)

- The third Sneasel that we retired, is called ASEL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Beat Up attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a HM09), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a Mewtwo (the Mystery Berry that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Mewtwo).

- The fourth Sneasel that we retired, is called SEL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Reflect attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a GS BALL), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a CELEBI (the HM09 that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Celebi).

- The fifth Sneasel that we retired, is called EL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Submission attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Red Scale), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a Kangaskhan (the Ball GS that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Kangaskhan).

NOTES:

- NOT all the pokemon will appear as thesame levels like in the example, some could appear at different levels.

- For complete finish of the transformation of a pokemon, it is necessary to deposit it in the Day-care center and withdraw it. If a pokemon appears at lv1, before of depositing it in the Day-care center it is necessary to raise to level 2 with a Rare Candy. If we deposited it at lv1, when we withdrew it from the Day-care center it would appear directly at lv100.

(Once you've done that, you're technically done.)

- The first 4 pokemon that we withdraw will appear with the Pokerus.

- The pokemon that we obtain thanks to the Celebi Trick will no longer be able to change its name at the name rater. This is because they appear with different ID Number than our own.

- To solve a little the problem of the names, they could make this before making the Celebi Trick:

(skipping the naming trick…)

IMPORTANT:

- If we want the Celebi Trick to always work, NEVER withdraw all of the pokemon completely in the box in which we used for the trick, and NEVER deposit anything into the box. If we do either, the trick will be deactivated.

- The only thing that would cause the trick to fail would be if we did it in a box that already had been used previously. Ideally, you should use a box that has never been used.

In case of not having a box that was never used:

Although we do not see it at first, the game remembers the maximum amount of pokemon that has ever occupied a box (even if we have released them or moved them to empty it).
For example, if the box we're going to use has had 10 Pokemon at some point, we must have 10 pokemon TOTAL in the box… including the pokemon that we are going to use for the trick. Also remember that the Kingdra/Cancel now will be more spaces down.

(Skipping the other tricks for now)

What is a "?????" pokemon?

Basically its a corrupted clone of a pokemon (anyone who has tried the trick for cloning pokemon in the Crystal version, it is likely that you have seen it, since a bad clone is a common result from doing so).

We can only obtain a bad clone pokemon if the box of the PC has never been filled totally (if the box of the PC had 20 pokemon, then that box will not work).

How obtain a bad clone pokemon?

In order to obtain a bad clone pokemon, we must make the steps of the normal GS clone trick. Save the game, deposit 1 or more pokemon in a box of PC, change the box and save the game, and then turn off the GB the smallest moment after the period in the sentence "SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER."

Since getting a clone is awfully hard, even under correct conditions, here are some tips to make it easier:

For some reason, it is much more easy to obtain a bad clone pokemon, cloning pokemon in the last positions of a box (from the 15 to the 19 aprox.).

Note that if we fill the box to 19 occupants without obtaining a bad clone pokemon, it is necessary to eliminate 4 or 5 clones of the box and to continue trying. Otherwise we will ruin the capability of that box to produce a bad clone. Also be certain not to fill a box too full that you will later use to perform the Celebi trick with… you'll need at least 2 spaces free, so a box that you'd use could not have ever been fuller than 18.

To obtain a bad clone pokemon without perfect timing, do the cloning trick on Crystal as normal, but using the GB Tower of the Pokemon Stadium 2. Here, we always will obtain a bad clone pokemon even with very lenient timing.

When we put to a bad clone pokemon in one of the first 5 positions of a box, and try to enter the box by means of the Withdraw option, the screen will go blank and the game will stop responding.

In order to avoid that, it is necessary to take a small step. Select the option "Change Box" and go to "NAME". You can leave without doing anything. The screen will be blank still when you select Withdraw, but a pair of A button presses will clear it, and you'll be able to proceed.

If we manage to enter the box, the first thing that we will see is sprite of a Kingdra lv62.

If you have a bad clone in the first position of a box or the party, it will probably transform the sprites of the Pokemon in the party, or go to a blank screen and lock up. To prevent this… before entering the box, use Prof Oak's PC, use any item, or go to a different route (like route 21, etc). With this, a bad clone pokemon will no longer cause problems and you can treat it as any other pokemon. It will remain thus until we restart the game (this is useful to save the annoyances that can cause a bad clone pokemon in case that we want it to change of place or to eliminate it).