Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 2

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-01 10:49:01

I've been wandering… what up the Yellow version MissingNO.? I've looked around the site a bit, but didn't find anything about MissingNO.'s Yellow doppleganger. So, can I obtain it without a Gameshark? And what will it do if I capture it? I apologize in advance if I overlooked it on the main site about it.

And also, I quite enjoyed the site, as it opened my eyes up to many glitches besides R/B MissingNO. and the Ditto Trick. I applaud your efforts. :)

The site is quite incomplete. I should have the Yellow MissingNO. page up soon. Perhaps even today. I have to get to work on studying Yellow glitches (if you noticed, the R/B glitchdex has around 50 pages while the Yellow has only 8 or so).

It can be obtained without gameshark. There is a process detailed here (this is from my ye olde Tripod site, which is this site's ancestor).

Oh, and welcome. I've seen you around SWS2B, I believe. ;)

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2006-04-02 05:54:56
Whoa that's intrested me hm I might have to try with with my Yellow it's very old, plus it's annoying so when I find my yellow put all my pokemon on my N64 Pokemon Staduim I'll re-start over since I got aload of Pokemon on there so if I used my yellow to catch MissingNo. would it trash my yellow plus my staduim since I've beaten Pokemon Staduim and now tracking down Pokemon Staduim 2 but Not, luck just yet so I'll have to try that I head red the lot I was able to see the Yellow Version pictures of MissingNo.'s other fourms.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-03 20:18:19
It can be obtained without gameshark. There is a process detailed here (this is from my ye olde Tripod site, which is this site's ancestor).

Oh, and welcome. I've seen you around SWS2B, I believe.

Ah, excellent. Would I be correct in assuming that it's the special stat of the Channeler's last Pok?mon that's triggering MissingNO.? And yea, I'm around SWS2B a lot. But I'm a pok?freak too though, as you see. =P

Date: 2006-04-03 21:02:42

Oh, and welcome. I've seen you around SWS2B, I believe.

Ah, excellent. Would I be correct in assuming that it's the special stat of the Channeler's last Pok?mon that's triggering MissingNO.? And yea, I'm around SWS2B a lot. But I'm a pok?freak too though, as you see. =P

Something like that.

Date: 2006-04-05 09:40:06
Hm I heard a few years back that MissingNo. was removed from Pokemon Yellow and I've tryed doing the Old Man trick but nothing it no longer works on yellow unless there's a trick to it, so make MissingNo. show up on Yellow?

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-04-05 09:43:53
Yep, Yellow MissingNo. does exist. It usually freezes the game, though. The picture on GCL's "Under Construction" page is an example of this. Sometimes, however, the freezing doesn't occur and you can catch it, but I have yet to actually capture it because I used my Master Ball on Yellow before I found out about Yellow MissingNo., so I can't multiply my Master Ball… :(
Oh, here's the picture: [img]http://glitchcity.ath.cx/images/mn-appears.png[/img]

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-04-06 19:20:38
I found another variant of the Amazing Man Glitch, but it's the same place as the one on Cinnabar Island, and there's no man on the roof or anything. But you don't use surfing for it. Go into the lab, then out, then walk straight down, then when you reach the south shore, go right, then when you reach the east shore, go up, and when the gym stops you from walking any further, go right to trigger the "Door is locked" message. The man should be behind you. It looks like he is whispering the message to you. :P

Date: 2006-04-07 09:20:39
Hm I'm a glitch Hunter I've been Glitch hunting for 11 years the same time I've been Pokemon Training for but, my old Pokemon book said he is no longer there so, my yellow's still kinda f***ed sometimes but it still works after once I dropped it on my foot when I had a lvl 45 Pikachu Nicknamed 'M or MissingNo. I can't remember that far back :-[ so I did have a Mewtwo Special of 404 but sadly when my brother had it on his staduim his blue wiped his hole data so I've lost my Mewtwo plus from my Fire Red, I have a Mewtwo speed of 208 witch it's on my Pokemon Box safe and soung plu son y Emrald my Mudkip witch is now lvl 40 Swampert is female as Ruby is Ruby, is my Swellow she's faster then Mudster (my Swampert). So if there's any glitch for yellow I would like to know if it trashes my yellow oh well..

Date: 2006-04-07 11:53:32
11 years…? I believe the first pokemon game was released on 1998. They haven't been around for 11 years.

Date: 2006-04-07 14:04:41
I'm in England so it might of came a bit lateish here since when thing's are released out of Japan then they to go America then here most thing's do come late here.

Date: 2006-04-07 15:50:51
Still though, only the Japanese have had Pok?mon for over 10 years. :-/

Date: 2006-04-08 07:06:18
Yes I know  but thing's can come late over here like Diamond and Pearl, won't be out until I think 2010 or so I cannot remember when Emerald was going to come out over here they delayed it and put it a few months ahead so we had to wait I think Ocboter, when it was finally released over here.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-08 15:26:40
Europe doesn't get Emerald 'till October? I find that hard to believe. I personally have had it since May 11th, 2005.

Anyway, to the main point of this post. I've found that Z4 evolves at level 205 (into Squirtle). I don't know if you already know the evolution level, but Z4's Glitchdex page says you don't.

Date: 2006-04-08 16:06:29
Robjoe: Nope. Great find! *adds*

Hall of Fame Again!

Posted by: Glitch Reaper
Date: 2006-04-10 14:34:11
Here lies another good point. The Hall of Fame (like other things) can only unlock entries, it can't make them up. So what do some of those freaky entries correspond to? It may be a good idea to take some pictures and notes on cries from the Hall of Fame and see what comes up. Can anyone tell me what that one is that has a cry like the "You caught/did something significant jingle?" It also looks somewhat like a cross between Mewtwo and Xatu (I know, wrong Game. But that's what it looks like to me!). I think its type was either Normal/Normal or Normal/Fighting. I may have to hunt it down again, but I won't get an oppurtunity for quite some time. I have very few trainers to go before I complete what GameFaqs started: A complete list of what each trainer in the game gives you with the Ditto Trick from their last in line!