Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 6

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-02 12:48:21
Glitch Ryhdons are the best because you can actually raise them up to Lv145 without Rare Candies at all from Lv 100. But trust me this take a VERY long time.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2007-03-02 18:03:01
I just found a wild butterfree in viridian forest and a wild dratini (now a dragonair) on the water route east of cinnabaron my blue version o_0
I know know this doesn't  happen normally and this is my file WITHOUT the TMtrainer effect,so what is happening? This all happened after I caught my second chisai-u(Japanese symbol glitch)

Posted by: m
Date: 2007-03-07 19:04:40
i like it when pikachu comes ou of it ball in yella version and look like a 6464 in a square its funny

how do i do that!!

Posted by: Slax
Date: 2007-06-05 03:11:17
Man I did the coolest thing earlier today with my yellow. I turned on walk through walls in the beginning of the game after I left my house, I went into the grass and had Prof. Oak battle Misty/Glitch pokemon (EB). And for him to catch anything I had to enable Steal Trainers Pokemon gameshark code as well. When he cought the glitch pokemon, instead of walking to his lab, he walked to the left off the screen while my character walked straight down without the screen moving. Oak and the player character just repeated that, like on pacman (Going from left and appearing on the right) and then suddenly there were like 8 or nine of the player sprites running random places across the screen. It rocked.

Posted by: Missingnoguy55
Date: 2007-10-19 18:49:58

Glitch Ryhdons are the best because you can actually raise them up to Lv145 without Rare Candies at all from Lv 100. But trust me this take a VERY long time.

I remember doing that. Good times…

Posted by: Verinin
Date: 2007-11-02 07:52:53
Using special name in Old Man Glitch you can find Glitch Trainers…

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-11-07 19:23:59
Yep, that's an old one. Try put ? in the third, fifth, or seventh slot and see what you get :P

Oh yeah, ZZAZZ could turn the second Pokemon in your slot in a Starmie instead of a Bulbasaur. Personal experience. Dunno how common that is, though. I'd like to note that I couldn't access the party screen normally, so I had to look at the stats via PC. 

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-11-08 01:48:17
Could have something to do with Starmie being before Bulbasaur in the hex list.

Starmie = 98
Bulbasaur = 99

For the record:

Crabhammer = 98
Explosion = 99

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-11-08 12:43:21
I finally found why glitch Rhydons work like they do.

It is down to the fact that they have two places where they can get the data on what pokemon it is. If the pokemon turns to Rhydon in a certain way, it only changes the outside data, but not the inside stats data.
The reason for it's ability to grow to very high levels is caused by the difference in between the data on the inside pokemon's level 100 exp stat and the outside pokemon's level 100 exp stat.
Because MissingNo is the inside stat and it needs a low amount of exp to get to level 100 and the actual limiter is the outside stat, so it can exceed 100 because the limiter allows it to.

MissingNo. level 100 limiter is 345420 and Rhydon's is 1250000
The difference allows 92 extra levels.

Strictly speaking, because a Q glitch hybrid also has a difference in data, you could hybrid MissingNo's stats onto a pokemon, and then exceed level 100. If there was a pokemon that required less exp again, you could get higher levels again.

Date: 2007-12-05 11:27:49
That's really cool  ;). Would it be possible to have a Pokemon hybridized to naturally reach Lv. 255?

That could explain the Starmie. ZZAZZ doesn't strictly stick to the 153 value, though it heavily favors it. Oh, and someone else (Drakkar, I believe) said that he got a blank name the other day when he did ZZAZZ. Any ideas about that?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-05 14:06:43

I finally found why glitch Rhydons work like they do.

It is down to the fact that they have two places where they can get the data on what pokemon it is. If the pokemon turns to Rhydon in a certain way, it only changes the outside data, but not the inside stats data.
The reason for it's ability to grow to very high levels is caused by the difference in between the data on the inside pokemon's level 100 exp stat and the outside pokemon's level 100 exp stat.
Because MissingNo is the inside stat and it needs a low amount of exp to get to level 100 and the actual limiter is the outside stat, so it can exceed 100 because the limiter allows it to.

MissingNo. level 100 limiter is 345420 and Rhydon's is 1250000
The difference allows 92 extra levels.

Strictly speaking, because a Q glitch hybrid also has a difference in data, you could hybrid MissingNo's stats onto a pokemon, and then exceed level 100. If there was a pokemon that required less exp again, you could get higher levels again.
Ah! Thanks, now I finally know how the glitch Rhydons work!

Posted by: 007
Date: 2007-12-05 14:11:06

That's really cool  ;). Would it be possible to have a Pokemon hybridized to naturally reach Lv. 255?

That could explain the Starmie. ZZAZZ doesn't strictly stick to the 153 value, though it heavily favors it. Oh, and someone else (Drakkar, I believe) said that he got a blank name the other day when he did ZZAZZ. Any ideas about that?

Yes.  I'd think you'd have to have an evolution Pokemon, but I did this shortly after reading that post, and made a L255 Electrode with the same refinements as my L100 one.  Ideally, catch a L0 Missingno. (though I was content with catching a L160 and taking it to 0), throw all the desired moves on the hybrid through leveling up or TM, Candy to 100, go battle the Elite Four to gain a level, shove that guy on the unevolved form of your desired final product, and Candy to 255.

Date: 2007-12-06 20:24:26
Sweet. I should try that.

Posted by: iammissingnotheglitch
Date: 2008-03-26 19:30:39
You know, 'M evolves into Kangashan. I wonder, maybe the programmers got lazy and made 'M and Missingno. because of forgetting Baby Kangashan

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-26 19:32:30

You know, 'M evolves into Kangashan. I wonder, maybe the programmers got lazy and made 'M and Missingno. because of forgetting Baby Kangashan
Nah, they would have done it later. And if 'M was a beta form or something, that wouldn't work either as Kangaskhan is early in the hex (right after Rhydon).