Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 22

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: Addri Trainer
Date: 2014-06-12 13:04:26
This is not a glitch, rather is a curiosity in the Red/Blue/Yellow versions, of one room secret or Gary's room in the Lance's room. I had the map of the Lance's room with the secret room (done for my in Photoshop ^^)

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--pbYv5Plf84/U5LztMiTFsI/AAAAAAAAABo/ro81eVUdFx0/s1600/Mapa_Secreto_Curiosidad_Pok%C3%A9monYellow_byAddriTrainer.png[/img]

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-12 14:35:01
I saw your video about it a while ago. Great find.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-06-12 22:49:19
Are there warps in the secret room?

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-06-13 06:37:48
It doesn't say on the Red/Blue interactive map here: http://pokeworld.herokuapp.com/rb/113#24,16

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-06-13 08:10:46

Pretty sure there aren't.

Date: 2014-06-13 08:29:17

Yeah. I just checked Red/Blue and Red/Green (in case they were removed), and you can't go anywhere by trying to enter the 'exits' with CD38 set to 0.

Date: 2014-06-13 08:57:17

It doesn't say on the Red/Blue interactive map here: http://pokeworld.herokuapp.com/rb/113#24,16
This room doesn't lead anywhere. If that you meant what you have taught me

Yeah. I just checked Red/Blue and Red/Green (in case they were removed), and you can't go anywhere by trying to enter the 'exits' with CD38 set to 0.
I've only tested in the spanish versions of Red/Blue and Yellow. It's curious because can be only accessed with the GameShark's code :CD38.

Date: 2014-06-13 12:47:16
I mean that the secret room exists in both the English and Spanish versions, as well as Red/Green and it can be accessed with the same method (010138CD), but the room doesn't lead anywhere.

(Not sure if there was a translation problem somewhere. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.)

Date: 2014-06-13 13:01:54

I mean that the secret room exists in both the English and Spanish versions, as well as Red/Green and it can be accessed with the same method (010138CD), but the room doesn't lead anywhere.

(Not sure if there was a translation problem somewhere. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.)
Ah, sorry. Had confused me.

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-06-14 07:51:49
Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but isn't the secret room the room where your Rival is? I think it appears empty without battling Lance or entering the room with normal means. In Pokémon games (especially Gen I) many maps were handled like that, by putting other rooms that seem to belong to another map in the same map, but separated from the rest (the same happens with many map layouts of the caves, for example).

Date: 2014-06-14 09:09:08

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but isn't the secret room the room where your Rival is? I think it appears empty without battling Lance or entering the room with normal means. In Pokémon games (especially Gen I) many maps were handled like that, by putting other rooms that seem to belong to another map in the same map, but separated from the rest (the same happens with many map layouts of the caves, for example).
Indeed, it is similar to the Champion's room. That's what I thought, but it isn't. I have done out of curiosity of what you said before fighting Lance, I've won and I have gone to the secret room and … everything was same. About what you said about the caves as such I didn't understand.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-06-14 12:05:30
I think what he meant about the caves was what is seen in Mt.  Moon:

[acronym=Hosted on imgur][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ktKWAAH.png[/img][/acronym]

However, this does not seem to be the case for the champion's room; if you try to use walk thru walls in the real one it will cause the game to crash (as it normally does when walking out of bounds).

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-06-14 13:10:52
I can walk through the void from Lance's room to the secret room (and back) without crashing.

Date: 2014-06-14 13:46:11

I think what he meant about the caves was what is seen in Mt.  Moon:

[acronym=Hosted on imgur][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ktKWAAH.png[/img][/acronym]

However, this does not seem to be the case for the champion's room; if you try to use walk thru walls in the real one it will cause the game to crash (as it normally does when walking out of bounds).
I'm play Pokemon in my Blue Game Boy and I heard that and isn't the same in this case. These sites are accessible without tricks or gamesharks.

Posted by: Stilgar
Date: 2014-06-15 06:31:39
I see. Uhm, could it be a sort of duplicate of the Champion's room then? I mean, it looks exactly the same it seems, probably it's a duplicate in a similar way a duplicate of Diglett's Cave exists in the game data. Probably they wanted to handle the Champion's room the same way the different Mt.Moon rooms are (so that the player can't see them at the same time during normal gameplay), but then decided to put the real one in a different map.