Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 9

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-13 09:30:29
Correct English, please, or we can't help you.

Posted by: Liam
Date: 2009-08-13 19:37:45

I already know the rules a item ball moving around the screen that's freaky really weird once I was checking, my old red's glitched well badly glitched HoF right I got to page 105 right, I saw this Pokemon like um a Pikachu like a Bulbasaur I saw once in my HoF like your avi Abwayax  right and it had well one  h*ll of a long cry it was like MissingNo.'s but bit diffrant it last about i dunno 5 mins until my game froze at page 106, there was a black screen a small red Pixel, there in the right corner on my screen then the sound stopped then this buzzing sound was heard then I pressed, B nothing happened I pressed A but still nothing so I turned off my Game Boy Color and tried again it was like it again but, it never froze the buzzing was back but was about to go to 107 until it crashed so I never got the chance to see  how badly damaged it was until have to restart the hole game and redo it all.

Nothig worse than a cartridge being destroyed exspecially 1 n 2 gen

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-14 08:20:07

Nothig worse than a cartridge being destroyed exspecially 1 n 2 gen

Hey Liam, I have seen that you've posted in about 3 or 4 threads on this board, and you haven't used correct grammar in any of them. Please go read the rules. 'And' is never 'n'. Just make sure you read the rules, please. ;)

Posted by: Kuukichuu
Date: 2009-10-26 14:24:46
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if the pokemon that evolve from glitches are normal, stable pokemon.

I was under the impression they are, until I caught a level 80 'M. I gave the 'M 3 rare candies, but only allowed it to evolve into Kangaskhan after the third one (so I could show/bore my friends). This resulted in me having a level 83 Kangaskhan. I then got into a battle with a MissingNo. and my Kangaskhan gained a level, which was good, apart from the fact that it "grew" to level 62. I gave it rare candies again to get to level 83, and battled it until it gained a level. It managed to reach 84 this time (I thought it my loop like the level 100-70-100-70 etc. of my  Kabutops Fossil MissingNo.)

I assumed this was a fluke mistake, seeing as I had never read about this before, so I tried it again, and again my level 83 Kangaskhan "grew" to level 62.

Is this normal, and is the Kangashkhan normal? If necessary I can probably get a (very poor quality) video of this.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-10-26 15:22:12

Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if the pokemon that evolve from glitches are normal, stable pokemon.

I was under the impression they are, until I caught a level 80 'M. I gave the 'M 3 rare candies, but only allowed it to evolve into Kangaskhan after the third one (so I could show/bore my friends). This resulted in me having a level 83 Kangaskhan. I then got into a battle with a MissingNo. and my Kangaskhan gained a level, which was good, apart from the fact that it "grew" to level 62. I gave it rare candies again to get to level 83, and battled it until it gained a level. It managed to reach 84 this time (I thought it my loop like the level 100-70-100-70 etc. of my  Kabutops Fossil MissingNo.)

I assumed this was a fluke mistake, seeing as I had never read about this before, so I tried it again, and again my level 83 Kangaskhan "grew" to level 62.

Is this normal, and is the Kangashkhan normal? If necessary I can probably get a (very poor quality) video of this.
This has happened to me, and I believe it is because 'M has a different amount of EXP at level 80 than does Kangaskhan.

Posted by: Kuukichuu
Date: 2009-10-26 15:24:45
Coolio

Thank you for replying. I have beed reading about glitches a lot recently, but had never read about the level change, I was not sure if it was normal or not.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2009-10-27 17:34:49
LOL I just figured it out as I saw the question. It is probably right though. Perhaps one of the Admins knows for sure.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2010-02-04 20:10:34
One day I did the Mew trick with a special DEF of 255 with a gengar. By meeting the glitched trainer FF he send me an level 113 abra and the game crashed. It was done on the nintendo 64 pokemon stadium 1 with pokemon blue

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-04-03 13:30:30

With Green, I have found some awkward glitches, such as the one at the FD slot, which happens to be a glitch trainer that crashes the game, but the Pokémon is actually the Ghost with a garbled cry in which the picture literally appears crystal clear on the summary screen. I have not obtained learned moves as I do not know much Japanese, but the glitch Pokémon happens to be called "Beabiwo9101" (spelled 9101 in Japanese.)

I'm also going to try to research some more of these glitches, because they're much different than the ones in R/B/Y from some of the things I've seen.

Its great to have someone eager to research the Pokémon Red and Green glitches, thanks a lot for your help.

I just want to inform you (if you didn't already know) that the reason those "Pokémon" initially appear as trainers in a normal battle is that an extra byte manages whether the encountered Pokémon will be part of a trainer battle or a wild battle. This is 00 by default (a 'normal' trainer battle), but the game will switch this value to 01 for when the player encounters a Pokémon of an identifier between 00 (00) and C8 (200) which in itself is interesting.

The game will keep this value at 00 for values C8 to FF however. C9 to F9 'normally' appear in a wild battle as normal trainers (with the exception of Chief and Prof. Oak which are interestingly beta classes) and C8, FA, FB, FC, FD, FE and FF appear as glitch classes. We should not confuse glitch Pokémon with glitch trainers however.

Posted by: Glitchy Furrystuff
Date: 2010-05-11 08:50:10
In reference to those posts earlier in this topic relating to that weird Pokeball floating around randomly…

I might have overlooked someone explaining what happened, but I remember that has happened to me too… I think only on Yellow but maybe Red and Blue too. I think it always happened from viewing the HoF as one person who brought it up also said. I think once it came into my area too and I managed to talk to it… I THINK it just gave a blank message and froze my game, only playing random sounds.
  Does anyone know what exactly this is all about? This happened over a year ago before I stopped looking in for a while, so I might be remembering a few things wrong, but I know that I saw that Pokeball… Eh, I'll see if I can duplicate the result sometime later maybe…

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2010-05-13 17:32:18
OK, so a while back, I had restarted Red version, and the Snorlax between Vermilion and Lavender….  It wasn't there.  At all.  Can anyone kind of explain this?

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2010-05-13 23:19:51
You probably damaged it or something….

Posted by: Ignatius Reilly
Date: 2010-05-18 01:34:29
I want to know, can you do the "dokokashira" door glitch in the Japanese version of Pokemon Blue?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2010-05-18 02:41:11

I want to know, can you do the "dokokashira" door glitch in the Japanese version of Pokemon Blue?

Perhaps not via the 'usual' method because similarly to Pokémon Yellow the Japanese Pokémon Blue is quite different. For example, there are a number of dialogue changes. This is probably not a good example here but in the Japanese Blue game you can trade a man at Cinnibar a Kadabra instead of a Raichu.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2010-05-18 06:51:38

Perhaps not via the 'usual' method because similarly to Pokémon Yellow the Japanese Pokémon Blue is quite different. For example, there are a number of dialogue changes. This is probably not a good example here but in the Japanese Blue game you can trade a man at Cinnibar a Kadabra instead of a Raichu.

Isn't Japanese based on the same basis as the non-Japanese Red and Blue rather than the Japanese Red and Green versions which are a previous engine. So "Green-specific" glitches wouldn't work.