Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 8

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2008-04-18 17:00:34
The second one is more of a general thing that happens with Yellow MissingNo. Doesn't really have to do with how you encounter it.

During ZZAZZ experiments with HEX 251 I would sometimes get a "Too bad! The trade was cancelled!" message, and get sent to a glitched trade center. Very annoying

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-05-07 11:38:56
So, basically, Missinno tries to learn a move called "Missingno is trying to learn"? I then think the game is thinking that the text "Missingno trying to learn" is a move, but at the same time, thinks Missingno hasn't learned the move yet. So, it cycles into an infinite loop, which eventually freezes, right?

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2008-05-07 11:39:57
sounds about it yeah.

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2009-01-03 16:21:38
Do you know guys if there is a way to make pokemon green (japan imported) work with the inter act gameshark or the brain boy? I would like to study these gameshark only japanese glitch.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-01-03 18:59:41
Didn't really understand that fully but…:

http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,2860.0.html

That and we have a lot of codes somewhere in some topic…

Posted by: Darkness_LordII
Date: 2009-01-03 20:54:27
What I want to know is : is there a way to make pokemon green (imported) work with a real inter act gameshark? Because by now im not able to get it work with. Ive also tryed the game genie and the brain boy and both dont work ether.

EDIT: By cleaning the gameshark with q-tip , ive sucessfuly make it work with pokemon green! now im gonna check the gameshark code you guys found.

Posted by: Missingno. Master
Date: 2009-03-28 17:11:45
Got a question here that's been bugging me about the Hall of Fame.

I mean, I know Missingno., 'M, and just about every other Glitch Pok?mon screws it up, but I'm wondering, WHY?  Why does it happen in the first place?  Which Glitch Pok?mon trigger it (aside from Missingno. and 'M) and which ones don't?  And what Glitch Pok?mon has that cry like a drunken Hypno?!

Posted by: Mustanaamio
Date: 2009-08-11 04:40:12
Hello all.

I was wondering how come every time i try to do the "ditto trick" i encounter only lvl 7 Tangela.

This happens with Lavender Gambler and with the first fisherman on the route to Lavender to Fushia.

Is it maybe because i've already used the "mew trick" at the start of the game and beat the Slowpokeman after the Nugget Bridge?

But still, why only Tangela?

With the "ditto trick" i tried to capture lvl 7 Mewtwo. With 131 Special on my Blastoise.

Thanks.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-08-11 11:17:33

Hello all.

I was wondering how come every time i try to do the "ditto trick" i encounter only lvl 7 Tangela.

This happens with Lavender Gambler and with the first fisherman on the route to Lavender to Fushia.

Is it maybe because i've already used the "mew trick" at the start of the game and beat the Slowpokeman after the Nugget Bridge?

With the "ditto trick" i tried to capture lvl 7 Mewtwo. With 131 Special on my Blastoise.

Thanks.

Double check that you're doing all the steps right.

Posted by: Mustanaamio
Date: 2009-08-12 00:05:44

Double check that you're doing all the steps right.

No problem with the steps, but now i switched trainers (2 guys on the beach in Fushia) after fleeing from Gambler, and i got to fight Pidgey and Missing.No.

So maybe it has something to do with trainer's hexes or…?

Like the Nugget Bridge's Slowpokeman has something that makes the glitch possible to perform, but is he the only one then…  :???:

Too bad. We'll gotta keep looking for suitable trainer.

P.S. It doesn't matter wether i do Ditto trick or Mew trick. It doesn't change the pokemon encountered when going back to route where the glitch was started.

So Ditto doesn't "copy" my special ratio.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-12 08:10:28
Hmm, that's weird. Also, before someone else swoops in and bashes you, please remember to capitalize your 'I's. It's sort of a pet peeve around here. Thanks! ;)

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-08-12 16:50:12
Did the last Pokemon you battle have a special stat of 21?

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-08-12 18:10:38

That's for the Mew Trick, not the Ditto Trick.

Posted by: glitchuntress
Date: 2009-08-12 19:13:14

Oh, sorry. Miss read.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-12 19:21:08

What is this I don't even