Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 36

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: BluPika
Date: 2019-09-28 14:12:30

Ok, so I've been away from the game a long time. i have a new save. I want to set up the WRAM editor to mess around and spam mews into the modern games via PokeTransfer. What is the fastest way I can get to having the WRAM editor?
You don't need it for one of those Mews. Name yourself GF, Brock Through Walls to Celadon to get an Abra with Teleport, walk to Saffron, fight the Machop guy twice for MissingNo. through Trainer escape, dry underflow, change your ID through the expanded item pack, and then just catch any old Mew.

But if you want a RAM writer anyway, there's jfb1337's here and ZZAZZ's here.

EDIT: Hahaha, I just realized I gave this same answer to you in slightly more verbose fashion already here, but in short this is the quickest way to an exploitable save whether you just want to get event Mews or painstakingly set up a RAM writer (or both).

I know, I'm  sorry. I couldn't find it because all these boards that look like they're from 1999 are really hard for my zoomer brain to comprehend. Thanks a lot for answering my same question twice. lol

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2019-09-28 14:31:48

Well, I'd guess it's the quickest manipless way. The method in the current "catch 'em all" route is faster for hardcore runners, but death-warp methods without manipulation are obviously miserable on a real console. And even the "F8FF" route might be able to be adapted to give you a x255 item stack and dump you somewhere safe (avoid the Forest until you can fix it). In the end, there is a trade-off between speed, complexity and reliability, and the Machop guy method probably hits the right balance for the average casual player.
Impossible, though, with the implied Virtual Console on a 3DS with PokéTransfer. (If you by some chance have CFW and are transferring saves between your hard drive and SD, BluPika, then please just but -gm/8F into your inventory and type in the code rather than getting all the glitch items through "normal gameplay").

And, uhh, thanks for your patience I guess? I never thought I'd say this to anyone, but maybe you'd prefer the Discord.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-09-28 14:54:36

Well, I'd guess it's the quickest manipless way. The method in the current "catch 'em all" route is faster for hardcore runners, but death-warp methods without manipulation are obviously miserable on a real console. And even the "F8FF" route might be able to be adapted to give you a x255 item stack and dump you somewhere safe (avoid the Forest until you can fix it). In the end, there is a trade-off between speed, complexity and reliability, and the Machop guy method probably hits the right balance for the average casual player.
Impossible, though, with the implied Virtual Console on a 3DS with PokéTransfer. (If you by some chance have CFW and are transferring saves between your hard drive and SD, BluPika, then please just but -gm/8F into your inventory and type in the code rather than getting all the glitch items through "normal gameplay").

And, uhh, thanks for your patience I guess? I never thought I'd say this to anyone, but maybe you'd prefer the Discord.
Related question: Anyone made a PKSM branch that allows out-of-bounds ranges yet?

(also nice av damn)

Posted by: Dragon Arbock
Date: 2019-10-07 23:03:30
I can't find any information on this, but figured I'd ask- Did anybody ever figure out why you can catch a Ditto after catching an 'M? Like what causes that to happen?

Date: 2019-10-07 23:58:59

I can't find any information on this, but figured I'd ask- Did anybody ever figure out why you can catch a Ditto after catching an 'M? Like what causes that to happen?
One of the prolific videomakers here made a video about it but i cannot for the life of me find it. Did you check the Wiki?

EDIT: https://youtu.be/Z_z4FOz0Yzo

Posted by: Dragon Arbock
Date: 2019-10-08 16:33:52

One of the prolific videomakers here made a video about it but i cannot for the life of me find it. Did you check the Wiki?

EDIT: https://youtu.be/Z_z4FOz0Yzo

Thanks- yeah I had checked 'M's page before but it didn't explain it. This video does.

Date: 2019-10-28 03:22:25
A new glitch was discovered this week in the original Red and Green.

https://twitter.com/ExarionU/status/1188605946836258823

Arguably minor, but I repeat: a new glitch was discovered this week in the original Red and Green.

Date: 2019-10-28 11:59:47

Arguably minor, but I repeat: a new glitch was discovered this week in the original Red and Green.
god these games are borked

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-10-28 17:23:17

god these games are borked

These are games?

Date: 2019-11-01 04:02:25
He did it. The original version of Red, defeating Sabrina, 100 times. Optimized.

https://youtu.be/abli1Pb5Tws?t=2645

I think I'd be out of the mood after the third or fourth round, but it's a funner-looking grind than glitchless at this point.