Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation I Glitch Discussion

Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion - Page 3

Re: Official 1st Gen (Red/Blue and Yellow) Glitch Discussion

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-10 18:06:13
So you saw a Normal/Normal? Those are 250 variants.

Otherwise if it was Normal/Fighting, then I can't find any pokemon of that type in the Glitchdex. [glitchdex=redblue/p4]P 4[/glitchdex] and [glitchdex=redblue/pokedollar]$[/glitchdex] are the only Fighting-type Glitches in the Red/Blue…

… however, due to the way the game data is structured, there may still be a way of studying your Normal/Fighting/whatever Glitch. I'll elaborate if you want.

Posted by: Glitch Reaper
Date: 2006-04-11 11:52:42
Please do elaborate. This one has annoyed for months ever since I restarted my Blue to do some heavy glitch research. When I am ready I will go against the Elite Four again (about 4-6 times) and get the Hall of Fame the Missingno. treatment. The Elite Four are also the last few trainers I need for my project. To pull it off on them I will use the teleporting aspect of starting up Glitch City to pull me away from them after beating them. It will just take a lot of walking. More questions: What Glitch Pokemon are "safe" to save on your game? Can the "Capture Flag" method be used to catch all of the ones that only freeze when you see their Dex entry?

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-18 12:51:43
I did have a
'l
in a glitched HOF…

Posted by: Radio F Software
Date: 2006-04-22 20:38:39
I love how the Hall of Fame glitch will call from various place of the game's data. As a joke, when I was younger I'd purposely name Gary "F*** UP".

Yeah. Seeing a Magikarp named after him was worth a few laughs with my friends.  ;D

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-04-26 09:37:28
What's a capture flag?
Are you sure that the HoF things are real? I thought that they were completely random, sometimes unreproducible jumbles of data.

Date: 2006-04-26 10:22:55

What's a capture flag?
Are you sure that the HoF things are real? I thought that they were completely random, sometimes unreproducible jumbles of data.

A capture flag is what it sounds like. It's a byte that tells the game you've captured so-and-so pokemon. If you set the capture flag of a glitch by other means (for example, by capturing or encountering another pokemon), then you are spared its dex entry.

And I'm not sure what the deal is with the HoF. There are some patterns to it, but…

Posted by: pokemon_yellow
Date: 2006-05-08 03:00:45
Going too far to the left or right will often get the player stuck in an invisible wall. If one presses Start, often the graphics and pixels of the city will change briefly.

In Pokemon Yellow you may also see Pikachu running in random places.

Whoa that is weird..I can't get into Glitch City yet or use the Mew trick
:'(

Posted by: popadoc
Date: 2006-05-08 03:10:06
is there a way to get lv.125 mewtwos because I have done it before but I can't seem to do it again in my friends red versionhow can I do it on red?[email]the313@yahoo.com[/email]send the instructions to me I am popadoc.

Date: 2006-05-08 03:23:14
Restart the game and use Name Generator to make a name, call yourself that, and then do the Old Man trick.

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-05-15 07:08:24
Or use a BrainBoy and change your name!

;) that is a VERY good function

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2006-06-19 01:46:01
I agree GlitchManiac :)

Date: 2006-06-19 01:58:22
Um, if you have a cheating device wouldn't you simply make it appear with an encounter cheat or something?

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-06-22 21:13:54
So, what's this "ZZAZZ Trick" I've been hearing about? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times before, but the main site says nothing about it. I've used Search Engine as well as looked through myself,  but found nothing helpful. In fact, I don't think I've even heard of ZZAZZ in the first place. So, who is he, is he obtainable without Gameshark, and what's with the trick associated with him?

Date: 2006-06-23 01:48:19
"ZZAZZ" (or "Exploding Bulbasaur") refers to the effect that happens upon encountering certain glitch trainers. The effect changes your Pokémon to a Bulbasaur whose name has a whole lot of Z's, and gives it 3 or so Explosion moves. It's happened to me once (my Bulbasaur was "ZAZZOZZ"). Unfortuately it's freaking hard to replicate. :/ Most of the times, Glitch Trainers just freeze.

ACE91 and Izwzyzx have pics, I do not.

Date: 2006-06-30 13:12:34
Actually, it turns out TRS (WTF?) has this buried in its "Truly Bizarre Glitches" page (one of about three pages there not devoted to Missingno):

ACE91 writes:
"The first glitch trainer that you battled can be encountered without Gameshark… sort of. You encountered one of the glitch trainers that causes what I call the "ZZAZZ Glitch". I first posted this glitch on Glitch City's forums, but then the database was deleted and the forums were lost so I can't link you to that post…

Basically, the ZZAZZ glitch is what occurs when you encounter a glitch Trainer by using HEX 251, 252, 254, or 255 in the Mew Ditto Glitch. You encounter a glitch trainer that turns all of your Pokémon into Level 153 Bulbasaurs with Explosion, and some of the letters in your name are replaced with Z's, hence the "ZZAZZ" that I got. You can't fight this Trainer, because the game freezes if you attack. However, there is a way to escape the battle with your Pokémon turned into Bulbasaurs. Use an item (Any item will do) and the battle will mysteriously end. You'll be left with a team of exploding Bulbasaurs. Of course, if you save after performing this glitch, your game is erased. Therefore, it's kind of pointless.

BTW, there's a pattern to this glitch: Bulbasaur is HEX 153, Explosion is HEX 153, the letter Z is HEX 153, and the Bulbasaurs are Level 153. The glitch just sets all of the game's variables to HEX 153."

So why the hell does TRS have it and not us? Especially when it comes from Ace himself?