Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 12

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: werster
Date: 2014-05-09 05:26:11
So, things.

I found a glitch move that seems to turn battles into a weird mutation of the Battle Palace, Battle Arena, and Wild Pokemon battles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkHObY-ams
I then used that to trick the game into sending out Pokemon that…to be honest, I don't know where they were coming from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xN5SoWI318
Had a lot of fun messing around with that, managed to eventually get it onto a Smeargle tooand had some more fun with it.

Other things:
I disabled being able to Fly to Ever Grande (proving it messes with other flags: http://puu.sh/8FbTk.jpg )
I managed to delete all of my TMs and all of my Berries. I did this on more than one instance, but one of the times, I added 256 to my Ultra Ball count (1 to 257, was 3rd in the list Poke-Master-Ultra)
I managed to turn a Kadabra into a Gengar inside an Egg, with Glitch moves, that hatched.
This shows you can get glitch moves on legitimate Pokemon other than Smeargle. Sadly none of the glitch moves Gengar had were battle altering, but I'm sure they could be with the right combination.

I managed to turn a Makuhita into a ?? inside an Egg that hatched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGLIzPlOMQ
This indicated to me that maybe you can make any Pokemon by mutating it from another? (seemed consistent, turned Makuhita into ?? 3 times, Kadabra into Gengar 4.Maybe you can make event only Pokes this way? Are there other Glitch Pokemon?

I also had some Bad Eggs hold a TM (and a Band), but none of them were my Kadabras so I couldn't Trick them off to see what they actually were.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-09 09:15:22

Are there other Glitch Pokemon?

?????????? appears in Bad EGGs, but I haven't messed around with glitching regular Eggs enough to get glitch Pokémon in them. Hex:0000 apparently has base stats of 0 in everything, but some ?????????? (named other things when not on the opponent's side) have great base stats.

If you scroll up a significant amount, like to cursor position $B0 you can corrupt your Daycare Pokémon and get Eggs that way. I got the glitch Pokémon "-" this way and voltage got a Pokémon that unfortunately froze his game.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-09 11:11:16

I then used that to trick the game into sending out Pokemon that…to be honest, I don't know where they were coming from

Past the end of your party. Shame you eventually got a freeze trying to send out a hybrid of a bad egg and the '-' psuedo-Egg.

I can't remember if there's a way to disable entry animations at all. I wish I had a working walk through walls code for Ruby, so I could mess around more with accessing Pokémon past the end of the party by cheating to get to the Pokémon menu with no Pokémon… I guess I coulduse a code to warp elsewhere.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-05-09 15:17:32
I'm assuming that glitch was a "YOP (Your Opponent Pokémon)" glitch, where you send out you opponent Pokémon, as with the Smeargle and two Decamarks (blank spaces in the party). I think the Bad EGG is supposed to be " e Ái" in Emerald, since the trainer no longer has any Pokémon data.

Another thing, when you catch an Opponent's Pokemon and have it turn into a Bad EGG, can you spread Pokérus with the Bad EGG?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-09 15:39:04
Another thing, when you catch an Opponent's Pokemon and have it turn into a Bad EGG, can you spread Pokérus with the Bad EGG?

It's perfectly normal Pokérus.  8)

All the Bad Eggs I caught in single battles carried it, but all the Bad Eggs I caught in double battles simply had the mark to show that they'd recovered from Pokérus.

Date: 2014-05-09 17:19:08
Ruby results: Trying to use a couple of codes to fly, I found out the fly anywhere code made the game think I was in the safari zone. So I hit retire and got warped to the Safari Zone entrance where I could save.

(With that code turned on, btw, getting into a wild battle would put that batle into Safari Zone mode, and the game would freeze when the battle ended)

Just now, after a while of playing around (it's weird that going into Lilycove turned the weather into harsh sunlight with accompanying music, but this effect only happened in Lilycove), I decided to switch a bad egg to the front of my party and go into battle.

I opened the fight menu and some horrendously glitchy move did something. Part of the screen red, most of the rest black, text (with the correct background) still scrolling… A couple seconds of this and the screen goes completely black, a few seconds later the game freezes.

I guess that's the glitchiest Gen 3 move we've found to date…

edit: Tried again with another bad egg. Effects here include parts of the screen turning purple. And a freeze. Here, have a picture:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/jxOA8VG.jpg[/img]

You may call me mad for testing on a real cart. But I never use it, and the RTC is dead. It's the first Pokémon game I ever owned, getting close to 10 years since I got it. It's been resting unloved for quite a while. And its last two save files were cheated on to get past the sixth slot. Now I have the time to play around with it more. (inb4 this is creepypasta and the next part is a decamark or bad egg so mehow escaping my GBA SP :P)

edit 2: finally got one that doesn't freeze! Shows up as 'a NORMAL move'. Too bad it always missed for me though.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IUuZdsf.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-05-10 02:27:15
Okay, so I took some time to actually experiment with this.

I tried doing Torchickens' thing of corrupting the parents in Daycare, but every time they made an egg the game froze. :( Which parents did you use to get the -, Torchickens?

Then I went into trying to corrupt the boxes again and again (reloading the previous states) and changing areas, and was mostly looking at how some of them became regular eggs, like Werster did to get the ??. Apparently, at least on my save, my "lucky spots" (where I got eggs more often) are B1 5,3 and B2 3,2. But I also got one in B1 2,4 (not 100% sure if it was this spot) and B2 3,1. Something I noticed is that pokés that become EGGs in box 1 actually always advance to the same pokémon no matter what sacrifice it was and they have the same moveset: B1 5,3 was always Bulbasaur with Blaze Kick and other 3 glitch moves, B1 2,4 or whatever the spot was had Seel with moves I don't remember, but glitch ones. The ones in Box 2 kept their original pokémon but learned glitch moves (the same ones Werster's ?? has, iirc). It's possible that Werster could still get ?? or Gengar if he moved something to Makuhita's or Kadabra's spot, but it seems that what pokémon is corrupted varies on both how the box is set up, and on luck itself.

Interestingly, my bad eggs sometimes held Aurora Ticket (normally only obtainable via event) and Vs Seeker (FRLG exclusive item), but I couldn't take it from them. Also, I managed to get Repel effect, and to get Fortree corrupted as I whited out, but upon flying back to it, it got fixed.

And then I found a shiny Lombre completely unrelated to anything, before even corrupting the stuff. Couldn't resist and captured it, fuck my Pomeg setup lol.

Date: 2014-05-10 08:34:24
I think I just had a Ditto on its own (level 54, having grown 10 levels when I check). Eggs can appear through corruption even if the parents are incompatible.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-05-10 09:13:15
Tried and got a Bad Egg couple, but most of the time the second parent that showed up of nowhere was a bad decamark, which never breeds despite the old man saying they get along very well. Otherwise, the game just locks at "Take care of EGG!" :(

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-10 09:35:45
I've got a glitch move that just about replicates the effect that Newo hacked into a battle 7 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLO9UN-ytkE

The difference is that in his case the opponent's Pokémon were treated as wild Pokémon. In mine, items cannot be used and running forfeits the match. I got the glitch move from a Bad Egg that was obtained via catching Swimmer Beth's Lv26 Goldeen on Route 107: [IMG]http://pkmn.net/dex/getlocationmap.php?game=13&location=104[/img]

I managed to turn a Makuhita into a ?? inside an Egg that hatched. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGLIzPlOMQ

Can you breed it?

I tried to morph Makuhitas in this way but only got normal Lv45 Bad Eggs with no glitch moves. I'll pay closer attention to your video to see what slot of the box you found it in when I try this again later.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-10 20:58:17
I've found three things today.

Instead of using Trick from a corrupted Pokemon, I've managed to win Octomark from the Lilycove Lottery, of all places.

Also, after corruption, NPCs can sometimes disappear from the overworld.This includes the Daycare Man.  They do go to their proper position after you enter and exit someplace. The area behind the Daycare is built as well as Sky Pillar and the Pokemon within that area are the same as the grass near it.

The egg which I received said it was going to hatch soon. I also remember that the game slowed down while the Daycare Man was giving me the egg.

Mine was one that'd take a 'long time', but with a quick Egg hatch code, the Egg hatched into a "-" so it seems like "-" is obtainable without cheating. Let me know if you also get it.

I had a wild Ditto transform into an Invisible Bad Egg from Daycare corruption when I had nothing in the Daycare prior to corruption (this image which werster posted earlier shows how it looks in battle) and the transformation text did state that "Wild Ditto transformed into - !"! So you were right.

Date: 2014-05-11 09:21:56

I had a wild Ditto transform into an Invisible Bad Egg from Daycare corruption when I had nothing in the Daycare prior to corruption (this image which werster posted earlier shows how it looks in battle) and the transformation text did state that "Wild Ditto transformed into - !"! So you were right.

Oh, so that's what that is? Last night when I was playing around with my Ruby I got a Bad Egg which looked like that in battle.

In other news, today I went into some small time game shop, and they had a few Gen 3 carts (sapphire, LeafGreen and a couple Emerald carts). Given how the rest of the carts were like £1.99 or £2.99, I thought "oh neat, I can get a few more Gen 3 carts for glitch research".

Turns out they were selling the Gen 3 carts for £19.99 each. No, that's not a typo. And I guess that explains why they had so many Gen 3 carts there.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-11 11:33:40

This indicated to me that maybe you can make any Pokemon by mutating it from another?

I did this but with a Magikarp which only knew splash. It became an egg that hatched into Mewtwo.

Date: 2014-05-11 11:48:37

This indicated to me that maybe you can make any Pokemon by mutating it from another?

I did this but with a Magikarp which only knew splash. It became an egg that hatched into Mewtwo.

Awesome.

Someday I see a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys Egg trick for Emerald being discovered, but you'd have to put up with having Bad EGGs in box 1 and 2. I'm focusing on something else at the moment, so I won't be experimenting with that today, but the thought of doing something like that in Generation III without cheats is amazing.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-05-11 16:46:00
Well, we can't call it the "Celebi Egg Glitch" for one thing :P.

One thing I want to know. When you corrupt various parts of RAM with moves, do you only need to see the move, or do you have to use it?