Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 48

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: ImAFurry
Date: 2018-07-01 05:27:18
I've just tried it and didn't work, so maybe the issue is caused neither the bootstrap poke or the ACE move (I obtained another to check if that was the problem but I still can't trigger the code).

Also I lost the Groudon entry in the Pokedex during the placing of the item, any idea to recover it? (Not a problem if i can't get it back).

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-07-01 05:59:01
I don't really understand how you lost the Groudon entry in the pokedex (unless this glitch have some flag-altering side effects that we aren't aware of; and considering what i've already noticed in my own game, i definitely wouldn't rule that out) but you should be able to get it back quite easily by hatching a Groudon egg obtained by simple corruption.

Also when cloning in the battle tower, you should definitely reset after selecting "yes" only once (you'll notice there's a few frames of lag between two text boxes, this is when the game makes a "micro-save" which doesn't save PC pokemon, so you can reset right after that). What you're currently doing is probably considered as an attempt to cheat by the game, which would explain why it resets your streak and Pyramid Bag items. Also, depending on your timing, it could be dangerous for your save file as a whole (though the game would most likely load the backup file if anything goes wrong, that's still better to avoid corrupting your file).

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2018-07-01 08:18:07

I've just tried it and didn't work, so maybe the issue is caused neither the bootstrap poke or the ACE move (I obtained another to check if that was the problem but I still can't trigger the code).

This is a bummer :(

There is definitely some issue somewhere, but it will be tough to find it.
For now, I have some questions to ask you, to be sure that certain controllable things were OK.

- Did you give the 8 Beauty Pokéblock to the Glitch Pokémon obtained after the first double-corruption of Horsea ?
- Did you obtain Glitch Items with this procedure ?  https://pastebin.com/qQ91bzuM
If yes, can you check if your Smeargle "250S,250D" really has 250 Speed EVs and 250 Def EVs ? (with a stat calculator)

- Does Glitch Move 0x1608 looks like this ? https://www.casimages.com/i/180701025637386619.png.html

- Did you deposit Item 0xBDF0 in the Lv 50 Pouch ?

- If you have an Instant Flee Glitch Move, and if you didn't clone at Battle Tower by soft-resetting after the second "Yes", can you do a quick run at Battle Pyramid to check if 0xBDF0 is there ?

I would have liked to use an easier Glitch Item as a test, but I didn't find anything better than 0xBDF0.

- Can you check if Glitch Item 0x0258 is correct ? (if the Pokémon initially used to obtain it had the right EVs)
Can you try to quickly obtain this Item again ? (02 Spd, 88 Def).

- Can you give me your Trainer ID ?
I will then be able to give you info on a Smeargle that has a specific PID to catch, and some EVs to give him in order to test the ACE procedure.
With this specific PID and EVs, placing this Smeargle at Box 12 Slot 15 instead of the Bootstrap Pokémon and performing the ACE setup (with Poochyena, not the Pyramid Bags) will allow you to see if this works fine. (When everything will be aligned correctly, the Animation Pointer of Glitch Move 0x1608 will read the command 0x08 on Smeargle's data, which ends the move animation and doesn't freeze the game.)

- Do you have a way to extract your save and send it to a PC ?

Also I lost the Groudon entry in the Pokedex during the placing of the item, any idea to recover it? (Not a problem if i can't get it back).

I think that this comes from the Instant Pomeg Glitch corruption, while trying to corrupt the Safari Zone guard location.
But I may be wrong, I need to look back at the 4-5 areas where Pokédex flags are located.
Else, I think that getting Groudon's entry once more (hatching a Groudon Egg or getting one via a trade) would give you back the entry.

Date: 2018-07-01 08:39:03
- Did you give the 8 Beauty Pokéblock to the Glitch Pokémon obtained after the first double-corruption of Horsea ?

Yea, no doubt here.

- Did you obtain Glitch Items with this procedure ?  https://pastebin.com/qQ91bzuM

I've checked his EVs not only with the calculator but trying to give him 1,2,3 more EVs in order to really check if he got 1 more point on Spd or Def.

- Does Glitch Move 0x1608 looks like this ? https://www.casimages.com/i/180701025637386619.png.html

Yep, exactly.

Did it carefully, so yea. Also, I gave the potion and the elixir in open lvl to empty that bag.

- If you have an Instant Flee Glitch Move, and if you didn't clone at Battle Tower by soft-resetting after the second "Yes", can you do a quick run at Battle Pyramid to check if 0xBDF0 is there ?

It is inside the bag, just checked it.

- Can you check if Glitch Item 0x0258 is correct ? (if the Pokémon initially used to obtain it had the right EVs)
Can you try to quickly obtain this Item again ? (02 Atk, 88 HP).

Got it and checked it in the same way I obtanied the other glitch items. I gave Smeargle 02 Spd EVs and 88 HP EVs as it was written in the procedure.

Mm I think I can't extract my save from the cartridge without an external device, which I don't have.

I'll also give you information about the Smeargles I am using:

PID: 3BACADA3 (hex) 1001172387 (dec) Type 7 
IVs: 30 7 29 14 14 14
—————————————–
PID: B48C0751  (hex) 3029075793 (dec) Type 4

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-07-01 09:38:35
If you had ACE, you could use that to dump your save, at least by hand. Bummer there.
If you have a Wii and a GBA<->GC cable, you can use that to dump your save as well.
Other than that, I'm not sure there's a solution.

Date: 2018-07-01 10:41:53

Yea, no doubt here.

I've checked his EVs not only with the calculator but trying to give him 1,2,3 more EVs in order to really check if he got 1 more point on Spd or Def.

Yep, exactly.

Did it carefully, so yea. Also, I gave the potion and the elixir in open lvl to empty that bag.

It is inside the bag, just checked it.

Can you try to quickly obtain this Item again ? (02 Atk, 88 HP).

Got it and checked it in the same way I obtanied the other glitch items. I gave Smeargle 02 Spd EVs and 88 HP EVs as it was written in the procedure.

Mm I think I can't extract my save from the cartridge without an external device, which I don't have.

I'll also give you information about the Smeargles I am using:

PID: 3BACADA3 (hex) 1001172387 (dec) Type 7 
IVs: 30 7 29 14 14 14
—————————————–
PID: B48C0751  (hex) 3029075793 (dec) Type 4

Well, all the checks are still positive.

So, let's try this just to check that the "Poochyena" part of the ACE process is not the faulty one.

- Take a party to catch some Smeargles.
- Go at Artisan's Cave.
- Save.
- Reset.
- Walk/Sweet scent and catch a Smeargle.
- Compute Smeargle's IVs (approximatively) and find back its PID with RNG Reporter.

Smeargle's PID (in hexadecimal) must be of the form : 0xYYYYYYZY, with Z = 1,2,4,5,6 or 7.
- Compute PID (in decimal) modulo 24. (or PID modulo 0x18 in hexadecimal)
This value must be 2,3,8,9,22, or 23. (EVs substructure as 2nd substructure).

- Reset and retry until you find a good Smeargle. (success chance of 3/32)

With this, you will need less than 110 HP EVs to have a value of 0x08 on the first byte of the second substructure of your Smeargle. (the first byte that will be read by the game when looking for the animation of Move 0x1608 with a DMA Translation of 18).

- Once you have such a Smeargle, give me its PID and I will tell you how many HP EVs you need. (if 0xZY is the last byte of Smeargle's PID, you will need : HP EVs required =  0xZY xor 0x08 xor 0x5D )

- Then, train this Smeargle with the right amount of HP EVs (be careful about not catching Pokérus, who knows, you might be extremely lucky)

- After that, deposit this Smeargle in stead of the Bootstrap Pokémon (Box 12 slot 15), deposit the Poochyena at Box 2 Slot 5, and make an attempt of ACE.

- If the game doesn't freeze while you use the ACE Glitch Move, then the issue will be located elsewhere.

I'm sorry, I really have no real clue about the location of the issue for the moment.

If you know someone who has a R4 or a DS linker, as well as a DS tank/lite, you can easily extract your save file with GBABackupTool, but else you won't be able to extract your save for now.

Date: 2018-07-01 10:42:14

Since it's an item, it should be 2 Spd and 88 Def. Is it a typo or did you actually make this mistake ? If it's the latter, your issue probably comes from here. That would mean you got item 0x0200, and increased the id of the pokemon holding it by 0x0058.

Date: 2018-07-01 11:08:54

Since it's an item, it should be 2 Spd and 88 Def. Is it a typo or did you actually make this mistake ? If it's the latter, your issue probably comes from here. That would mean you got item 0x0200, and increased the id of the pokemon holding it by 0x0058.

I think this typo comes from my post where I wrote (02 Atk, 88 HP) instead of (02 Spd, 88 Def).
I am too used to Atk and HP EVs to obtain stuff, so I completely mistook them while writing this time. Good catch ;)

Date: 2018-07-07 07:00:36
I've been extremely unlucky to find the right poke. Got it finally
PID: 32977426 (Hex) 848786470 (Dec) Left 22.

Date: 2018-07-09 11:40:02

Okay, so you will need to :

- Give this Smeargle : 5D xor 08 xor 26 = 0x73 = 115 HP EVs. (10 HP Up + 3 Marill with Macho Brace + 1 Marill + 1 Wishmur)

- Deposit this Smeargle in stead of the Bootstrap Pokémon (Box 12 slot 15), deposit the Poochyena at Box 2 Slot 5, and make an attempt of ACE. (https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6868.msg209366#msg209366 )

- If the game doesn't freeze while you use the ACE Glitch Move, then the issue will be located elsewhere.

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-07-12 01:32:19
I'm almost ready to set the items in the Pyramid Bag.  There's several codes that I want to execute, including one that I want to execute several different times (which is the SID change code).  Do I have to go through steps 2.1 through 2.3 each time I require different items in my bag?  Do I need to lose in the Pyramid in between each time to reset my bag?

EDIT: Also, why does the code for the Mystic Ticket list "Nothing" as an item?  I understand that it is in fact no item, but why is it not just a blank line then?

Date: 2018-07-12 04:13:14

I'm almost ready to set the items in the Pyramid Bag.  There's several codes that I want to execute, including one that I want to execute several different times (which is the SID change code).  Do I have to go through steps 2.1 through 2.3 each time I require different items in my bag?  Do I need to lose in the Pyramid in between each time to reset my bag?

EDIT: Also, why does the code for the Mystic Ticket list "Nothing" as an item?  I understand that it is in fact no item, but why is it not just a blank line then?

Unfortunately, yes, you need to redo the "Place Items in Pyramid Bags" each time you want to execute a code that requires different Items thant the precedent. (note that some codes require the same items in the Lv 50 pouch and that on the pastebin about codes most of them are sorted this way).
I don't have a faster way to get acces to the Bag and the Pyramid Bag for now.

Regarding the "Nothing" thing, I changed that for "No Item (0x0000)", hoping to make things clearer.
For most of the codes, you can place other Items in the Pyramid Bags without any interference.
But some of them need this 0x0000 word to work, so I indicated it clearly.

Date: 2018-07-16 12:03:36

Okay, so you will need to :

- Give this Smeargle : 5D xor 08 xor 26 = 0x73 = 115 HP EVs. (10 HP Up + 3 Marill with Macho Brace + 1 Marill + 1 Wishmur)

- Deposit this Smeargle in stead of the Bootstrap Pokémon (Box 12 slot 15), deposit the Poochyena at Box 2 Slot 5, and make an attempt of ACE. (https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=6868.msg209366#msg209366 )

It worked! After the "!" it said something like Def rose and then the animation ended normally. What should I try next?

Date: 2018-07-17 03:57:49
So now we know that the PC slot, the ACE glitch move and the RAM translation check are correct, which means your problem is either with the bootstrap pokemon or the Pyramid Bag items.

Date: 2018-07-24 08:01:51
Got one question unrelated to ACE.

Is it possible to manipulate the IVs, Nature and shinyness of a Poke obtained by double corrupting another one?

I have seen that by getting a corruption type 7 shiny one you can get (by giving the right EVs) a shiny, but what about IVs and nature? What is the best corruption type to manipulate it easily?