Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 20

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-28 05:23:31

So I transferred my Mewtwo into Gen IV and the location stated it was from
———- instead of Hoenn.

I've found the same thing.  :)

I can't test what happens to it in Gen V at the moment, though.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-05-28 10:27:51

I spent an hour today testing stuff out in XD: Gale of Darkness. But jeez, that game is one heck of a glitch-proof fortress.

All of my corrupted hatched stuff (Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew, Ho-Oh and a glitchy Caterpie) would not show up at all in the trading menu. A blank space was shown in its slot instead, which could not be interacted with.

Glitchy markings were erased when sent to XD: GoD, and my Sneasel with the name "Sne[down arrow]sel" was renamed "Snesel" when traded over.

XD: Gale of Darkness's GameCube vs. Gameboy battle system is even more impenetrable. My Jirachi, Deoxys, etc. (even Caterpie) showed up as Bad Eggs on the battle selection screen and Pokémon with glitch moves were unable to fight.

So XD: Gale of Darkness will not allow:

-Glitch moves to show up in battle
-Glitch moves to be used in GCN v GBA battles
-'Hacked' (or Pokémon suspected of being hacked) to be traded
-Pokémon with ?35 HP to remain at this health quantity
-Glitch markings to have any effect
-Bad Eggs
-Glitchy names

This game is the ultimate glitcher's cockblock, my friends.

Yeah, Colosseum and XD both have very very VERY strict error checking. I found that out earlier playing with AR codes in Dolphin. The only thing I found was hacking party Pokémon 1 to the front yielding a blank slot enables you to get to a weird blank summary screen (weirder in Colosseum in my opinion).

Date: 2014-05-29 09:48:39
So I found this on Bulbapedia's Decamarks page yesterday:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ten_question_marks

?????????? may hold an item. The item will be called ???????? (eight marks), with a description in the Bag of ????? (five marks). The item can only make a Pokémon that is holding it become glitched if migrated to Pokémon Diamond or Pearl.

Unless there's a specific way of doing this, Octomarks just seems to disappear when sent to Gen IV. Maybe only specific Octomarks can produce this sort of effect?

In any case, this quote to me is somewhat suspect. I wonder what it means when it says the Pokémon holding it can "become glitched". Glitch markings also seem to be out of the question in Gen IV as far as I can see.

Posted by: Zklosty
Date: 2014-06-03 09:56:06
Well.. I think I maybe have discovered something. I apologize in advance for the lack of details on this. While I was doing this "Access Pokemon beyond the sixth slot" glitch, after the battle was over and I whited out, I was teleported to an area where the entire screen was covered with trees. I couldn't move anywhere. I'm not sure if it teleported me, or the game had trouble loading the town I was in after whiting out. If it was teleportation though, maybe we're able to teleport to places in the game such as, Faraway Island or Naval Rock through using this glitch.
I did last heal before using the glitch at Oldale Town and where I was sent to after whiting out, was still Oldale Town (but I saw only trees and I couldn't move). I did this glitch on cartridge, and I also did scroll up in the glitched Pokemon menu for about 20 seconds. +-3 seconds at most.

Date: 2014-06-03 10:09:42
The teleportation has been found by a few other people. I can't remember who or when exactly, but by using WTW hacks, it was found that the screen had just been covered with tree tiles, and that exiting that portion of the screen showed everywhere else to be normal.

So unless I've mistaken some details, it seems to be an issue with distorting the map at hand rather than being transported to some new map.

Regardless, it's certainly worth experimenting with outside of Oldale.  :)

Date: 2014-06-03 15:46:48
Well, I just found this video already posted by TheZZAZZGlitch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8apzY9r0c) where it shows almost exactly what happened to me with being in that place with all the tree tiles. I guess I'll start experimenting with this map distortion, teleportation, or whatever it is in different areas.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-06-03 15:51:35
I've got it in Fortree a couple times.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-06-03 16:34:39
I had that happen to me in Route 117 once.

Date: 2014-06-06 15:13:43
Someone asked a good question on one of the Glitzer Popping videos.

If a Pokémon has 1 ATK EV and 156 HP EVs, the Pokémon in the Egg will be…an Egg. So you hatch the Egg and get an Egg…the question of course being: what hatches from this Egg?  ;D

I'd imagine it freezes, but I really have no idea to be honest.

Date: 2014-06-06 15:21:28
Doesn't 19C behalve like a pokémon in that case? I'd assume it hatches normally, and then we'll have a guaranteed Pomeg faint Effect, without Pomeg (which I did back in Ruby/Sapphire to force bad eggs to fight). Torchickens hatched a 19C from a corrupted daycare couple iirc and it didn't freeze (I've had no luck with this though, every time the old man hands me the egg from corrupted parents the game softlocks. But that's not in the hatching)

But it's worth testing.

Date: 2014-06-06 15:25:06
I'd assume it hatches normally, and then we'll have a guaranteed Pomeg faint Effect, without Pomeg (which I did back in Ruby/Sapphire to force bad eggs to fight).

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'guaranteed Pomeg faint effect'.

But it's worth testing.

Sure is! Will do ASAP. :)

Date: 2014-06-06 15:34:59

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'guaranteed Pomeg faint effect'.

It's treated as an egg and pokémon at same time. You can deposit your pokés/faint your others and have it as your only "pokémon", yet, the second pokémon (or last, I dunno), will be forced to be sent out. Idk if this works like Pomeg does in Emerald for access beyond the 6th slot though, I'll test it in a few minutes and post/edit this post with the results. But it does work for forcing eggs to fight without Pomeg use.

EDIT: confirmed it does work. The 19C has to be in first slot, and the only other alive pokémon in the last like normal, just get in a wild battle, flee, deposit it, go in another wild battle, and done, you'll send out a decamark as normal, and the beyond-6th-slot is accessible. But instead of whiting out when the game realizes your decamark is dead, it just forces you to send out the 19C. Since it doesn't need further Pomeg use, you can corrupt your boxes over and over without resetting, you just have to repeat the process of sending out an alive pokémon from the 6th slot then deposit it, between each attempt.

tl;dr yes you can get Pomeg subglitches with 19C without wasting Pomegs and/or time leaving your poké with 1HP and needing HP EVs.

Date: 2014-06-06 19:23:44
I was looking at the back of my trainer card and it said that I had 65535 link trades despite not trading at all in that game. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might be due to OT corruption.

Date: 2014-06-06 22:31:56

I was looking at the back of my trainer card and it said that I had 65535 link trades despite not trading at all in that game. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it might be due to OT corruption.

I've had similar effects, but I've had my Hall of Fame Debut corrupted to 999:59:59; Link Battles corrupted to W:9999 L:9999; PokeBlocks W/ Friends corrupted to 65535; and lastly Won Contests W/ Friends corrupted to 999. I also noticed sometimes when you see the Link Battles stat is corrupted, the records that are found using the blue terminal in the second level in the pokemon center are corrupted too. It looks like you fought a trainer named "      " and you had a draw against him ?384 times according to these "Battle Results" records

Date: 2014-06-06 23:17:04

I've had similar effects, but I've had my Hall of Fame Debut corrupted to 999:59:59; Link Battles corrupted to W:9999 L:9999; PokeBlocks W/ Friends corrupted to 65535; and lastly Won Contests W/ Friends corrupted to 999. I also noticed sometimes when you see the Link Battles stat is corrupted, the records that are found using the blue terminal in the second level in the pokemon center are corrupted too. It looks like you fought a trainer named "      " and you had a draw against him ?384 times according to these "Battle Results" records

I just went upstairs and you were right about that opponent, except I "won" against that trainer that number of times . I also saw the Mystery Event delivery guy and he gave me a working Eon Ticket from glitching for "activating" the Mystery Event. I really want to know why this happened, like how I got ???????? from the lottery instead obtaining of it via Trick. I wouldn't be surprised if we would be able to obtain working tickets for Deoxys/Mew/Ho-oh/Lugia now.