Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 21

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-07 09:00:36
Interesting, that's great! How did you obtain it? Was it simply by talking to him after doing the corruption or did you have to do something else?

I don't know if the Eon Ticket was the only thing you could get with Mystery Events. Bulbapedia doesn't have much information about it.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-06-07 15:30:13
Drat. Accidently clicked Remove instead of Modify.

Interesting, that's great! How did you obtain it? Was it simply by talking to him after doing the corruption or did you have to do something else?

I don't know if the Eon Ticket was the only thing you could get with Mystery Events. Bulbapedia doesn't have much information about it.

It was post-corruption as far I as I'm aware. Interestingly, he refers to it as a Mystery Event while giving the ticket but refers to it as a Mystery Gift if you talk to him afterward.

Posted by: pigdevil2010
Date: 2014-06-08 23:30:54
It looks like you fought a trainer named "      " and you had a draw against him ?384 times according to these "Battle Results" records

Is it just me or ?384 looks like 16384 (214)

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-06-09 03:28:51

It looks like you fought a trainer named "      " and you had a draw against him ?384 times according to these "Battle Results" records

Is it just me or ?384 looks like 16384 (214)

I thought the same thing.

Posted by: werster
Date: 2014-06-14 04:40:37
Messing around with this a bit more, trying to come up with some sort of route for a consistent speedrun at the moment. Came across something I hadn't seen before though…

Turned a castform into a regular Bad Egg, nothing much interesting. But when I went back to Route 119, when I go down far enough from Fortress that the Rain is meant to start, the game just froze up and I couldn't move. Not sure what made that happen, but the fact that it had overworld effects without actually looking at the Pokemon is promising I guess?

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-06-14 06:17:45

Messing around with this a bit more, trying to come up with some sort of route for a consistent speedrun at the moment. Came across something I hadn't seen before though…

Turned a castform into a regular Bad Egg, nothing much interesting. But when I went back to Route 119, when I go down far enough from Fortress that the Rain is meant to start, the game just froze up and I couldn't move. Not sure what made that happen, but the fact that it had overworld effects without actually looking at the Pokemon is promising I guess?

Can you try to replicate this when weather effects are everywhere? Does it still crash when you go to the desert or when it's sunny?

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2014-06-15 00:04:40
Well I've been trying the "hatch any pokemon" subglitch, and it just isn't working. I might just be REALLY unlucky, but I've done it over 50 times and no regular egg :/

I have SEASOR with the proper EVs for Jirichi cloned and in the boxes for me.

I have Kirlia with enough HP evs to go negative first in my party, then a fainted oddish, then Rayquaza at my save point.

I use the Pomeg berry, encounter a Pokemon, switch to Rayquaza, run.

Go to Pokemon Center, deposit Rayquaza, heal Kirlia via potion.

Encounter wild Pokemon, send out Decamark, view Kirlia's status, go up 2x to cancel button, then up 42 times.

Then I cancel, try to run, white out (pokemon stay fainted) and check my PC.

I think my count is now at 55 tries, and no luck :/

Am I doing everything right? The bad eggs appear as they're supposed to. Maybe I'm just stupid…

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-06-15 06:27:04
Well, you're right…it shouldn't take that many tries.  :???:

You have done the procedure correctly, but there are some small slip-ups that could still happen. Your Seasor's EXP gained may not be suitable for the experience->growth transformation. I don't know what specific values are suitable and which aren't, but if you post that here someone will be able to tell you.

Aside from that, it's possible that you've made other mistakes without noticing. It's worth checking that the Seasor you've cloned hasn't been corrupted before. It sounds silly, but last week I tried 25 times to turn my Dots Nuzleaf into a Celebi, but I later found out that the Dots I was using had its markings altered, a sure sign that I had messed with it previously. This would have changed aspects of its data, possibly including the personality value, making it unsuitable for transformation.

The only other thing I can think of is that, when EV training your Seasor, you may have let Pokérus spread to it unbeknownst to you. This would mean that when Seasor is transformed, the Pokémon in the Egg would not be a Celebi because the EVs you'd given it would be higher than 251. Then again, it seems as though you didn't get an Egg at any point.

If I were you, I think the best thing to do at this stage would be to start over. If you have a cloned copy of the original Seasor without any alterations, I'd recommend re-distributing its EVs and cloning it again. This may sound defeatist and a daunting proposition given how much time you have already devoted, but seeing as you understand the process fully and have done it before, I feel it's the best course of action in this circumstance.

There's one other thing I might add, if you are willing to restart your set-up. So far, every reported successful instance of Glitzer Popping via EVs has left the valid Egg in one specific spot: Slot 23 of Box 2. (Where top-right corner=6th and bottom-left corner=25th.) Therefore, it would be possible to skip the cloning process in your case, given that your Celebi Egg will be found there.

Best of luck, and report back with any further questions.  :)

Date: 2014-06-16 17:12:21
Good news: Today I've found out that it is possible to transfer Pokémon with glitch moves to Ruby and Sapphire.
Bad news: You need Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire for the GameCube in order to do so. Attempting to trade from cartridge to cartridge will result in the game crashing as the "Is this trade OK?" message loads.  :P

By taking a Smeargle with the Unonkaana move into Box: R/S from Emerald and from there into Sapphire, I was able to experiment with the glitch move a little bit. It functions differently to how it does in Emerald in a number of ways, though none of them particularly interesting.

As the cursor scrolls over R/S Unonkaana, the game music goes off-key for a fraction of a second. Red patches and square patterns appear on the screen just like with other R/S glitch moves. Entering a contest with R/S Unonkaana will crash the game when it comes to your turn.

Same as in Emerald, R/S Unonkaana changes the battle style once the 'Fight' menu is opened. Here, it becomes a normal, single trainer battle. Defeating a wild Pokémon after this means that you have beaten "PKMN Trainer", who has your character's sprite, with 0 Pokédollars for winning.

If used in a double battle, the Pokémon will cram themselves into the field as it has been 'compressed' into a single battle. Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLO9UN-ytkE

I have a few other glitch moves I could also test out. I might find something interesting, but seeing as this process requires a glitcher to possess the esoteric Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, it would ultimately be only hypothetical for most people.  :P

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-06-17 04:54:42

Good news: Today I've found out that it is possible to transfer Pokémon with glitch moves to Ruby and Sapphire.
Bad news: You need Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire for the GameCube in order to do so. Attempting to trade from cartridge to cartridge will result in the game crashing as the "Is this trade OK?" message loads.  :P

By taking a Smeargle with the Unonkaana move into Box: R/S from Emerald and from there into Sapphire, I was able to experiment with the glitch move a little bit. It functions differently to how it does in Emerald in a number of ways, though none of them particularly interesting.

As the cursor scrolls over R/S Unonkaana, the game music goes off-key for a fraction of a second. Red patches and square patterns appear on the screen just like with other R/S glitch moves. Entering a contest with R/S Unonkaana will crash the game when it comes to your turn.

Same as in Emerald, R/S Unonkaana changes the battle style once the 'Fight' menu is opened. Here, it becomes a normal, single trainer battle. Defeating a wild Pokémon after this means that you have beaten "PKMN Trainer", who has your character's sprite, with 0 Pokédollars for winning.

If used in a double battle, the Pokémon will cram themselves into the field as it has been 'compressed' into a single battle. Kinda like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLO9UN-ytkE

I have a few other glitch moves I could also test out. I might find something interesting, but seeing as this process requires a glitcher to possess the esoteric Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire, it would ultimately be only hypothetical for most people.  :P

Nice!

I've been experimenting with glitch moves on my Ruby cart but only got moves that freeze the game when you enter the fight menu, or freeze the game when you use them, or that always miss.

Posted by: rortik
Date: 2014-06-23 20:54:45

Well, you're right…it shouldn't take that many tries.  :???:

You have done the procedure correctly, but there are some small slip-ups that could still happen. Your Seasor's EXP gained may not be suitable for the experience->growth transformation. I don't know what specific values are suitable and which aren't, but if you post that here someone will be able to tell you.

Aside from that, it's possible that you've made other mistakes without noticing. It's worth checking that the Seasor you've cloned hasn't been corrupted before. It sounds silly, but last week I tried 25 times to turn my Dots Nuzleaf into a Celebi, but I later found out that the Dots I was using had its markings altered, a sure sign that I had messed with it previously. This would have changed aspects of its data, possibly including the personality value, making it unsuitable for transformation.

The only other thing I can think of is that, when EV training your Seasor, you may have let Pokérus spread to it unbeknownst to you. This would mean that when Seasor is transformed, the Pokémon in the Egg would not be a Celebi because the EVs you'd given it would be higher than 251. Then again, it seems as though you didn't get an Egg at any point.

If I were you, I think the best thing to do at this stage would be to start over. If you have a cloned copy of the original Seasor without any alterations, I'd recommend re-distributing its EVs and cloning it again. This may sound defeatist and a daunting proposition given how much time you have already devoted, but seeing as you understand the process fully and have done it before, I feel it's the best course of action in this circumstance.

There's one other thing I might add, if you are willing to restart your set-up. So far, every reported successful instance of Glitzer Popping via EVs has left the valid Egg in one specific spot: Slot 23 of Box 2. (Where top-right corner=6th and bottom-left corner=25th.) Therefore, it would be possible to skip the cloning process in your case, given that your Celebi Egg will be found there.

Best of luck, and report back with any further questions.  :)

Started over, same result. I am aware that slot 23 is the slot to check; though I have checked every egg.

My current SEASOR's xp us lv 36, 48262 xp, 2391 till next level. I don't have pokerus on this game, so that's not the problem. Like I said, I never got any egg at all.

I never messed with the thing, I didn't even have it until I learned about this glitch. Some of the ones that are left over that didn't turn into Bad EGGs do have different markings, however.

A question unrelated to my issue: since Box 2, slot 23 is the one to check, couldn't you put the Pokemon only there? Do we really need to fill the first Box/most of the second one?

Date: 2014-06-24 05:48:02
A question unrelated to my issue: since Box 2, slot 23 is the one to check, couldn't you put the Pokemon only there? Do we really need to fill the first Box/most of the second one?

Yes, that's what I was getting at. There is no need for wide-scale cloning when converting EVs into growth.

Unless the EXP your Seasor has won't work right (I have no idea  :P), then the only obstacle you should face from now on is luck. I do hope it works out for you eventually…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-06-24 06:41:48
Yeah, the current experience is compatible.

[img]http://i.minus.com/jbyqb48Mf8DLH6.png[/img]

Sad that the glitch isn't working for you.

Edit: Wait. I may have done something wrong in thinking that the experience affects it. The change is from AGME to MEAG. We want the Horsea to become a valid Egg, so what goes into "IVs, Egg and Ability" may affect it (attack data as it's A->M).

According to Bulbapedia it's bit 30 (when considering the first bit as bit 0) that determines whether a Pokémon is an Egg or not. Follow the conversion and Move 3/Move 4 become IVs, Egg and Ability data. I think then that the second byte of move 4 affects things. Mine is Smokescreen (00 6C), so the second byte is either 00 or 6C depending on how moves are stored, what's yours?

Edit 2: Eh, maybe the move doesn't matter. I tried some different move 4s and still got an Egg. If you give me your full Horsea move details I could check to make sure, though.

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2014-06-26 10:49:14
This glitch is completely awesome !

I quickly made two boxes of Skitty with Bubble (thanks to the Swarm structure) and 10/20/30 HP EVs, and I quickly fell on some Nidorina / Raticata / Caterpie, which was pretty cool (I didn't see any Zapdos though).

I also looked at the game data to see what events or things could be changed, and here is what I currently found.

-Flying locations :
0x02026D7E
Bit 6 unlocks Fly toward Ever Grande City
However, the FLy location towards Pokemon League can't be unlocked
Other flying locations can be unlocked, but they are towns that are already seen before Fly is obtained.

-Badges :
0x02026D7C
Byte 2 :
Bit 6 unlocks Badge 8
Bits 0 and 2 unlock Badges 2 and 4

Money (0x02025E90) can be reached.

-Event Islands :
0x02026D8C
Bit 0 and 2 unlock Navel Rock access at Lylicove (Ticket needed)

0x02026D8A
Bit 6 unlocks Faraway Island access at Lylicove (Ticket needed)

0x02026E1A
Bit 0 and 2 unlock the Delivery Man with the built-in script for unlocking Southern Island (the other events' srcipts are added through Mystery Cards)

MysteryTicket and Old Sea Map having IDs of 0x172 and 0x178, then can be obtained by corrupting TMs 18 and 24 (IDs of 0x132 and 0x138), once deposited in the PC (Rare Items on TM bag tend to crash the game).
You can clone them to keep a copy, as TM 24 is Thunderbolt.

-Battle Fontier Symbols :
0x02026D88 and 0x02026D88
Only 5 Silver Symbols can be obtained, so it's useless

Pyramid Tower Bag can also be altered (starts at 0x02025894)

Data regarding Contests Paintings (the ones which are obtained after winning in Master category)(around 0x02028998) can be altered, adding a Star to the Trainer card.

Every record can be altered, may it be on Trainer card, Contests, Making Pokeblocks, Battle Frontier, or hidden (ex :number of random encounters made).

Thus, the First Hall of Fame Star may be added to the Trainer Card. (a bit useless, as it doesn't count at all, and the Battle Frontier can't be unlocked with the glitch)

-Legendaries / Fix / Given Pokemon :
It has little use on Legendary / Given Pokemon, as they are in majority present at the start, and the bit linked to their flag is raised when they are killed/caught.
2nd Gen Starters can be unlocked. (0x02026F42)
Latios may appear at Southern island instead of Latias (0x02026F46)
Castform (0x02026C82), Kyogre (0x02026CA7) and Rayquaza (0x02026CA8) may disappear.

-Altering Cave : (0x02026E18)
With luck, a Pokemon other than Zubat may appear.

Feebas Tiles and Mirage Island value may be affected.
The Swarm Pokemon can be altered (may it be the Pokemon, the level, the moves, the frequence of appearance, or the route) (If the route is altered by a bit 6 change, the swarm will disappear as a route registered by 4x doesn't exist).

Day Care Pokemon may be affected.
Every item in the Bag or in the PC may be affected. Changes to items in TM/HM slot tend to crash the game.

I'm currently searching for the mechanics behind the respawn at a Pokemon Center, to see where it is, and what locations can be attained if it's corrupted, but I don't seem to find how it's programmed.
I also didn't check the effects on adventure flags, as its hard to know what refers to the flag, and I doubt that it would be of a great help, as only 3 flags out or 8 may be set on a certain byte, so some parts of an event would end, but not other ones.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-06-26 14:21:32
Those effects are really cool. Could you check to see if the Lilycove Lottery Lady can be altered?