Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 50

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-08-03 09:44:56
You should do the whole double corruption with Unmarked Caterpie then. The eggs you got are probably the result of a wrong corruption that switched substructures in an unintended way.

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-08-12 13:25:25

You should do the whole double corruption with Unmarked Caterpie then. The eggs you got are probably the result of a wrong corruption that switched substructures in an unintended way.
I started the process over again with Unmarked Caterpie.  I just can't seem to get the eggs to turn into Bulbasaur though.  I've tried countless times and all I get are bad eggs.  I was very careful to not select the eggs, so that can't be the problem.  Any suggestions?

Date: 2018-08-12 15:57:05
Are you sure you meet all the criteria ? Though if you followed Metarkrai's tutorial you probably do… it could just be bad luck, or maybe you got wrong eggs, it happened to me quite a few times.

I can't really help without knowing the specifics sorry :/

Date: 2018-08-15 18:16:34

Are you sure you meet all the criteria ? Though if you followed Metarkrai's tutorial you probably do… it could just be bad luck, or maybe you got wrong eggs, it happened to me quite a few times.

I can't really help without knowing the specifics sorry :/
I know I have the EVs right on the Smeargle, as I've checked with a save editor.  I've successfully used Unmarked Caterpie for other double corruptions before, so I doubt anything is wrong with it.  I was also very careful to not pick up the eggs.

What do you mean by "wrong eggs?"

I know it's difficult to help with this sort of thing over the web, and I appreciate your replies, as I'm really stumped.

Date: 2018-08-16 04:03:26
Well sometimes i noticed i got eggs with which it was impossible to finish the double corruption for some reason. If you're really sure your issue isn't just bad luck, you can try to check one of the eggs' profile and redo the first part of the corruption to obtain a set of different eggs (the messages telling you how the game thinks you got it and when it will hatch as well as the ball should be different). I'm not sure if checking their profile resets PP's, but just to be sure you can save, check the profiles and then reset whenever you get a new set of eggs.

Also make sure you meet these criteria : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65e-SKeE5Ec . And, of course, if you're trying to get items, your pokemon should have HP EV's, or else they will turn into empty slots.

Date: 2018-08-18 01:55:08

Well sometimes i noticed i got eggs with which it was impossible to finish the double corruption for some reason. If you're really sure your issue isn't just bad luck, you can try to check one of the eggs' profile and redo the first part of the corruption to obtain a set of different eggs (the messages telling you how the game thinks you got it and when it will hatch as well as the ball should be different). I'm not sure if checking their profile resets PP's, but just to be sure you can save, check the profiles and then reset whenever you get a new set of eggs.

Also make sure you meet these criteria : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65e-SKeE5Ec . And, of course, if you're trying to get items, your pokemon should have HP EV's, or else they will turn into empty slots.
Thanks.  I'm looking into the 12 criteria and I'm confused about the 3rd/4th/5th ones. 

3rd: What does "unknown value" mean?
4th/5th: Where can I find a list of identifiants for the various attacks?

Date: 2018-08-18 02:43:20
The Unknown value is, as its name implies, unknown. Ignore it, as there's no way to change it without double corruption.

You can find a list of moves here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves (then you just have to translate their id into hexadecimal). But honestly, there's no way you're going to obtain values that would set any of these two bytes at 1, at least not as long as your pokemon doesn't have glitch moves.

Most of the time, the only byte that is set is the Speed EV's being between 64 and 127 or between 192 and 255. If that's the case, you should make it so another byte is set, what i often do is give them 3 Pokéblocks made out of Aspear Berries with the old man (each with 10 - 12 Tough and 23 Feel), which increases its Feel by 69, thus setting this byte if it was at 0.

Make sure you don't already have an even number of these bytes set though. I doubt Metarkrai wouldn't mention this in his tutorial, so it's kind of surprising that you got this problem. If your pokemon's Speed EV's aren't between 64 and 127 or between 192 and 255, make sure you didn't set another byte by accident.

EDIT: I just noticed that if you had a problem with the bytes, you wouldn't get past the first part of the corruption (as Metarkrai showed at the end of his video). So this is probably not your issue.

Date: 2018-08-18 02:56:05

The Unknown value is, as its name implies, unknown. Ignore it, as there's no way to change it without double corruption.

You can find a list of moves here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves (then you just have to translate their id into hexadecimal). But honestly, there's no way you're going to obtain values that would set any of these two bytes at 1, at least not as long as your pokemon doesn't have glitch moves.

Most of the time, the only byte that is set is the Speed EV's being between 64 and 127 or between 192 and 255. If that's the case, you should make it so another byte is set, what i often do is give them 3 Pokéblocks made out of Aspear Berries with the old man (each with 10 - 12 Tough and 23 Feel), which increases its Feel by 69, thus setting this byte if it was at 0.

Make sure you don't already have an even number of these bytes set though. I doubt Metarkrai wouldn't mention this in his tutorial, so it's kind of surprising that you got this problem. If your pokemon's Speed EV's aren't between 64 and 127 or between 192 and 255, make sure you didn't set another byte by accident.
You're right - no attack has an index value that comes close to a number that would set that byte.

Metarkrai covers fixing the Speed EV byte by using PP Ups on Splash (4th move).  Due to that, I have either all "no" or 2 "yes" and the rest "no" on all of my Smeargle.  Of course, this is ignoring the "unknown value" byte.

Also, as for the possibility of incorrect eggs, I'm not sure what the eggs are supposed to look like (never really paid attention on my successful attempts, especially since I can't check summary and then save), but here's one of them.  All 5 look like that.

Date: 2018-08-18 07:51:15
Then your problem doesn't come from the criteria.

Again, my bet would be bad luck. But if it really isn't, then try to get another set of eggs with a different ball and / or a different "is it close to hatching ?" state. I'm almost 100% sure watching a pokemon's summary doesn't heal it, so you should be able to check its summary (even if it does heal it, all 4 others will be successfully double corrupted if you do get the right corruption).

Posted by: smoggie
Date: 2018-09-11 04:00:55
Hi guys. Me again.

This time with a new batch of EV-trained seedots trying to get the event items in the game since my last batch only gave me caterpies with "??????" as an item.

This time however i haven't gotten a single caterpie after 30+ resets and the only thing i HAVE noticed was that sometimes some of the seedot slots will be completely blank, almost like i've completely deleted the pokemon in the slot. I'm assuming i've done the glitch wrong somehow, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the EVs.

If someone could please confirm what EVs are needed to get the following items then that would be great:
- old sea map
- aurora ticket
- eon ticket
- mystic ticket

Date: 2018-09-30 02:58:44

Hi guys. Me again.

This time with a new batch of EV-trained seedots trying to get the event items in the game since my last batch only gave me caterpies with "??????" as an item.

This time however i haven't gotten a single caterpie after 30+ resets and the only thing i HAVE noticed was that sometimes some of the seedot slots will be completely blank, almost like i've completely deleted the pokemon in the slot. I'm assuming i've done the glitch wrong somehow, but i've got a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the EVs.

If someone could please confirm what EVs are needed to get the following items then that would be great:
- old sea map
- aurora ticket
- eon ticket
- mystic ticket
Here are the EVs you need for those items:

Old Sea Map: 1 Spe / 120 Def
Aurora Ticket: 1 Spe / 115 Def
Eon Ticket: 1 Spe / 19 Def
Mystic Ticket: 1 Spe / 114 Def

Make sure you give at least 1 HP EV to all of these as well so that your eggs actually become a Pokémon.  I'm thinking that may have been your problem.  1 HP EV will produce a Bulbasaur, and 10 HP EVs will produce a Caterpie.

Good luck!

- - - - -

And now for an issue of my own.  I've been trying the ACE codes (Emerald Pyramid bag) to unlock the event islands.  I want Birth Island, Faraway Island, and Navel Rock all unlocked.  I tried the code for all 3 (no gold symbols).  It only unlocked Navel Rock.  I then tried the code for just Birth Island and Faraway Island (no gold symbols).  Instead of unlocking either of those, it unlocked just Navel Rock instead.  What could be going on?  Has anyone had success unlocking Birth and Faraway Islands with ACE (not with Glitzer Popping), and if so, which code did you use?  I'm positive that I have the necessary items for all 3 in my bag.

Date: 2018-10-12 07:52:53
Well it's cool that ACE worked on your game at all ! Now we know the problem can only be in either your items or the code.

Unfortunately french versions of the game have a way to get Birth and Faraway Islands without ACE, so i only used ACE for Navel Rock. Maybe you should ask Metarkrai about it, since he's the one who wrote the codes ?

Date: 2018-10-15 14:21:32

Well it's cool that ACE worked on your game at all ! Now we know the problem can only be in either your items or the code.

Unfortunately french versions of the game have a way to get Birth and Faraway Islands without ACE, so i only used ACE for Navel Rock. Maybe you should ask Metarkrai about it, since he's the one who wrote the codes ?
If you're referring to the Glitzer Popping method of unlocking those islands, then I have that too, as I'm on a Spanish version.  However, I tried it, and it cost me my upgraded trainer card.  The various ACE codes that are supposed to restore it did NOT do so, and I was thus forced to restore a save I made from before I unlocked Birth and Faraway Islands (I need the Frontier Pass to RNG with the aid of battle videos).

I have a message in to Metarkrai on Twitter from over a month ago, and it looks like he hasn't read it yet.  So I'm basically stuck at the moment.

Date: 2018-10-24 20:21:12

Hi guys. Me again.

- old sea map
- aurora ticket
- eon ticket
- mystic ticket
Here are the EVs you need for those items:

Old Sea Map: 1 Spe / 120 Def
Aurora Ticket: 1 Spe / 115 Def
Eon Ticket: 1 Spe / 19 Def
Mystic Ticket: 1 Spe / 114 Def

Make sure you give at least 1 HP EV to all of these as well so that your eggs actually become a Pokémon.  I'm thinking that may have been your problem.  1 HP EV will produce a Bulbasaur, and 10 HP EVs will produce a Caterpie.

Good luck!

Thanks man! I got the even items now!

However i have a new hurdle. According to this link: https://pastebin.com/CuenpvCL, there is no known 1HKO dewgong for italian emerald (the version i'm using). I tried the french code listed for 51 attack and 47 hp plusle with thunder, but the dewgong didnt have the 1HKO move as expected. My google-fu is quite weak, and my understanding of the game's coding is even worse. By any chance do you know how to find a glitch pokemon with a 1HKO move for italian emerald?

[Edit]

So i found the code in a link in the gen 3 super glitch article on this very website. Funny enough, it was an article by the same guy in that first link i posted, but has way more info (dunno why the italian code was left out in the first link). Anyway the new link is here: https://pastebin.com/2kJpBQCr

Moving forward i will attempt the 1hko glitch pokemon and then the event flag 0xE318 (from https://pastebin.com/CuenpvCL) after i get the gold pyramid symbol. Wish me luck!

Date: 2019-01-01 09:06:52
It's ya boi. Back at it again with attempting the same glitch with 4-month intervals and almost everything forgotten.

I managed to get a dewgong setup last time but it didn't have the 1HKO move. i can't remember what i did to do get the dewgong because this time i can't even seem to get a single pokemon generating from my glitzer popping of plusle! Usually you'll at least get an empty space for a successful double corruption (first corruption always works for me to get an egg) but this time i've been at it for a few days, and an entire grind reset later it's still not showing anything other than the eggs/plusles with my new batch of plusles.

So far this is what i've setup for the corruption plusle:
- plusles with 51 attack, 47 HP (with thunder as 1st move)
- Correct EV's for Italian Emerald OKHO move are: 61 HP, 49 Attack
- I was using 49 HP and 61 Attack just up until today when i realised i messed up the "quotient" and "remainder". Will continue again soon and post updates.
- no other attacks other than thunder
- no other EVs other than the HP and attack EVs
- no pokeblocks used

Do i need to give my corruption plusle 4 moves total? Do i need it's last move to be anything specific? Does it even need pokeblocks? I wanna make sure i can create a successful OHKO dewgong since last time i somehow made one but without the OHKO move. Any help would be appreciated as always :)