Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 42

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2018-04-27 12:35:11

Props to Metarkrai for his work on ACE!  I'm definitely going to try this since I lost my enhanced trainer card when performing Glitzer Popping to unlock Faraway Island and Birth Island.

I noticed that he says the list of codes to execute is incomplete.  Is it likely that in the near future we'll have codes to:

*make Mewtwo respawn in FR/LG
*make a Pokémon shiny
*change a Pokémon's IVs
*change your ID/SID
*aid in the otherwise extremely difficult FR/LG RNG manipulation

I didn't have as much time as planned to work on the codes, but I am almost done with the ACE codes for Emerald for now.
There are 4 codes I haven't done yet (marked with a *), and a few ones that I was unable to make (marked with a **).
Once these 4 codes will be finished, I will translate everything for Emerald Jpn (which will be easy to do as I only need to change the relevant adresses), and start working on codes for FrLg.

The ones I was unable to make were :
- Teach any Move to a Pokémon (there is a special for move tutors but it checks the move compatibility, and I didn't find any information concerning a special/command that will directly teach a move to a Pokémon)
- Change the Trainer's nickname (I didn't find any special/command that directly brings the menu to rename the player, nor the ROM adress for the whole thing. Some people doing hackroms should know it though. As of now I only have an AR code that brings this menu when opening the trainer card but I couldn't extract any working ROM adress from it.)

(Maybe for French Emerald only)
73005E00 2545
83005E00 1091
73005E00 1091
83005E02 0803
730022C4 1679
83005E00 61A5
730022C4 1679
83005E02 0808

- Blend with the Master blender (The special for the blender machine uses an extra argument to determine if it needs to make you blend with the Old Man or with the Master Blender. But I don't know which adress/variable is used for that, as I never had a save file with the Master Blender event to study it a bit.)

-Unlock the hidden floor in Sootopolis House (I don't remember which value must be changed to unlock the door, and which value can be then changed to modify what happens on the hidden floor)

There are some codes that I didn't list because they would need multiple ACE to be fully executed (you could technically find the TID, PID, checksum of a Pokémon and then modify its IVs, but that's 4 ACE who require 40+ Glitch Items and a lot of attempts).

Regarding your suggestions, making a Pokémon shiny is also possible but that would also take some time (determine the PID of the Pokémon, change your Secret ID, hatch the Pokémon to change its PID) and you would lose most of the interesting characteristics of the Pokémon due to the Egg hatching.

However, the code for an ID/SID change was not on the list for some reason, so thanks for reminding it.

Making legendaries and gift Pokémon respawn is something that will be doable. (I made codes for all of them in Emerald minus the Voltorb/Electrodes)

Regarding the RNG manipulation in FrLg, I don't think that you can manually do something with ACE to make it easier.
Even if you used an ACE to restart the RNG with a fixed seed, you would need a way to easily redo this ACE in order to restard the RNG with this seed every time you miss your target frame.

By the way anyone got a RAM map for Emerald ? Kind of like this one

Also a GBA opcode table like this

I took interest in gen 1 ACE recently and i'm trying to "migrate" to Emerald, but it doesn't seem to be documented as much as ACE on Red and Blue is.

If that can help you, I have a list of RAM adresses (with no DMA taken into account) for Emerald that I use personally to navigate into the RAM parts that interest me.
But it is very messy, not that much detailed, and a part of it is in French, so it may not be that useful to you : https://pastebin.com/F8TBmXdR

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-04-27 15:35:52
Thanks, i'd gladly try to make use of it but… i did everything as explained above (i picked the Pyramid Bag route and the code to unlock the Navel Rock) and i made sure i had the right DMA, the game still crashes when i use the move…

I don't think i did anything wrong with Pyramid Bag items (i was unsure about something but i tried both possibilities and the game crashed each time), the glitch move i'm using is called "TRE: Jugement: à!Le gagnant" when used in battle on french version and displays a "!" before its animation, as for the bootstrap pokemon i really can't tell if it's effective, but i did everything as explained. Though in the pastebin it listed an item for execution by PC pokemon and one for PC items, but none for Pyramid Bag items, so i assumed the bootstrap pokemon didn't have to hold an item. Did i miss something ?

ACE is definitely easier in gen 1, lol.

Date: 2018-04-28 07:22:39
Though in the pastebin it listed an item for execution by PC pokemon and one for PC items, but none for Pyramid Bag items, so i assumed the bootstrap pokemon didn't have to hold an item. Did i miss something ?

I think the issue in your case comes from here.
I may have forgotten to change the file and include the Held Item required for ACE with Pyramid Bad Items. (as it isn't the same than for PC Items and for PC Pokémon).
Edit : Yes, totally. Your Bootstrap Pokémon needs to hold Item 0x0258. (He was pointing to 0x020000C8 instead of 0x020258C8 without any Held Item)

I try to double check the things I write and re-write, but a mistake like this is always an eventuality.

But else, I verified the procedure for the Bootstrap Pokémon, so I know that the EVs and stuff will give the right values at the end (except for that held Item part that I forgot).
The Glitch Move you have is the right one, but I don't remember if I left a small description of how it looks.
The Pyramid Bag Items codes were also all verified, so they work (for the PC Items and PC Pokémon codes, there may be 1 r 2 with a mistake due to a change of DMA translation some time ago).

Anyway, thanks for testing the stuff and finding a big mistake.

This also made me realize that I made a typo error in the Pyramid Bag adress in Emerald Jpn, which gave me a valid EVs total when in fact the required EVs total was invalid…
So for now the Bootstrap Pokémon for Pyramid Bag Items ACE in Emerald Jpn can't be made. (I need to see if I search for another ACE Glitch Move that would ask for a different DMA pattern, which could make things work, or if I can find an alternative setup for this case only)

ACE is definitely easier in gen 1, lol.

I agree with that :p
I tried to make things as console-friendly as possible, but the procedure is still a bit tedious and hazardous due to the fact that a large part of the setup can't be precisely verified until the ACE attempt.

By the way, I improved the procedure to obtain Glitch Items to make it a bit faster (Instead of cloning Smeargles and Ev-training them starting from 00 Speed and 00 Def, now you have 1 Smeargle at 250 Speed and 250 Def that you clone and you decrease its EVs with Qualot and Tamato Berries to quickly reach the right dozen, and end the EVs with a few battles).

Edit :
Aside from the fact that the ACE didn't work in the end, was there a part of a procedure that seemed lacking in explanations or too cryptic ?

Date: 2018-04-28 13:03:15
Thanks, i obtained the item and gave it to the bootstrap pokemon, sadly i just tried again and nothing have changed, the game still crashes the same way when i use the move.

And i don't find the instructions unclear at all, that's why i don't get what i did wrong for it to not work.

Also i noticed something (unrelated to ACE since i obviously didn't get the chance to save after using the move), i have the Mystey Gift guy in Pokemon centers. When i talk to him he thanks me for using the Mystery Gift system. My theory is that i triggered the Southern Island event again while corrupting the Safari Zone guy, but i did go back to Southern Island (and Faraway and Birth Islands just in case), none of the legendaries have repoped and the waitress didn't notice anything special. By the way, i do have all 4 event items (including the MysticTicket), i got them via Pomeg glitch. I also seem to be unable to make him depop. I doubt it's related to my ACE problems, but i just wanted to point that out since i just noticed it.

EDIT: wait, WAIT ! It might actually be related ? Mystery Gift apparently appears as an option outside of the save file even in gen 3, which means it have to be edited directly inside the save file ! So maybe the ACE code actually worked THEN the game froze for some reason ? Which brings up the question of why am i unable to actually access the Navel Rock, as well as why did the game freeze.
… or it might just be a coincidence, but i find it weird that i was unable to find Latias / Latios again.

Date: 2018-04-28 15:34:28

Thanks, i obtained the item and gave it to the bootstrap pokemon, sadly i just tried again and nothing have changed, the game still crashes the same way when i use the move.

And i don't find the instructions unclear at all, that's why i don't get what i did wrong for it to not work.

Also i noticed something (unrelated to ACE since i obviously didn't get the chance to save after using the move), i have the Mystey Gift guy in Pokemon centers. When i talk to him he thanks me for using the Mystery Gift system. My theory is that i triggered the Southern Island event again while corrupting the Safari Zone guy, but i did go back to Southern Island (and Faraway and Birth Islands just in case), none of the legendaries have repoped and the waitress didn't notice anything special. By the way, i do have all 4 event items (including the MysticTicket), i got them via Pomeg glitch. I also seem to be unable to make him depop. I doubt it's related to my ACE problems, but i just wanted to point that out since i just noticed it.

EDIT: wait, WAIT ! It might actually be related ? Mystery Gift apparently appears as an option outside of the save file even in gen 3, which means it have to be edited directly inside the save file ! So maybe the ACE code actually worked THEN the game froze for some reason ? Which brings up the question of why am i unable to actually access the Navel Rock, as well as why did the game freeze.
… or it might just be a coincidence, but i find it weird that i was unable to find Latias / Latios again.

Ah, too bad…
Unfortunately, I didn't bring my consoles with me to test that on hardware. I'll try to grab Emerald in my 3DS and test it there.

Edit : While setting up a save, I figured out that by pure stupidity I indicated the wrong PC Slot for Emerald non Jpn.
The correct PC slot is Box 12 Slot 15 and not Box 12 Slot 16.

I will check the PC slots for the Bootstrap Pokémon on other games, to be sure that there is no other mistake like this.

Edit 2 : All the other PC slots are good, it was just this one that was incorrect.

The reappearance of the delivery man is very surely because of a corruption of the adress for the Lati@s script.
However, talking to him will not make the legendaries reappear, as its script is not involved with the legendaries appearance in any way. (He unlocks the island, but there is no need to trigger the legendaries, something that you can see when you use an AR code to teleport to these islands.)

So, this time, and the other times as well, your ACE failed because your Bootstrap Pokémon was 1 PC slot next to the right PC slot.

Date: 2018-04-29 13:10:14
Okay, so i put the glitch pokemon in the right slot, and now i'm trying to use the glitch move again but… i REALLY can't get past the DMA translation check this time. It usually took something like 1 - 3 hours for it to work (i got it to work 4 times), here i've spent literally my entire day trying to get the right pattern, but i ALWAYS get the "bright and opened a bit" pokeball after the 3rd push. I checked many times to see if i did anything wrong, released all corrupted empty slot on my Box 1 (which didn't seem to bother me for my other DMA checks), nothing changed, and i made sure i did everything as i was supposed to. I don't get what's happening, am i just THAT unlucky ?

It would be nice if there was a quicker way to check the DMA translation. Wouldn't IPG + Sweet Scent work ? Or even using a Fluffy Tail instead of reseting ?

Date: 2018-04-29 14:46:20

Okay, so i put the glitch pokemon in the right slot, and now i'm trying to use the glitch move again but… i REALLY can't get past the DMA translation check this time. It usually took something like 1 - 3 hours for it to work (i got it to work 4 times), here i've spent literally my entire day trying to get the right pattern, but i ALWAYS get the "bright and opened a bit" pokeball after the 3rd push. I checked many times to see if i did anything wrong, released all corrupted empty slot on my Box 1 (which didn't seem to bother me for my other DMA checks), nothing changed, and i made sure i did everything as i was supposed to. I don't get what's happening, am i just THAT unlucky ?

It would be nice if there was a quicker way to check the DMA translation. Wouldn't IPG + Sweet Scent work ? Or even using a Fluffy Tail instead of reseting ?

Okay, so according to what you say, I'll get back into the research about that "bright and opened a bit" pokeball.
Considering that you have a constant 1/32 chance to get the right DMA translation, there must be something that interferes with this and makes this Pokeball part not work well.
You can still try to perform the ACE with the right red highlights but without the "bright and opened a bit" pokeball thing. That should theorically work, but I need further testing to confirm it and either remove that "bright and opened a bit" pokeball condition, or change the list of red highlights by changing the PC slots of the 5 Meowth clones. (probably by taking the Meowth at Box 2 Slot 23 to Box 2 Slot 8).

Anyway, huge thanks for your informations, that helps a lot.

And no, this setup is the only one I could find that allows you to have a way to determine if you have a specific DMA pattern and to use a Glitch Move (an ACE glitch move) with this DMA pattern.

Since the DMA pattern changes when a battle starts, and since it relies on too many parameters to be RNG'd, using the red highlights during Glitzer Popping in a wild battle is the only solution.

Furthermore, these red highlights for these first Up pushes depend completely on the data in Box 2.
As the check for these red highlights is a Glitzer Popping, this induces corruption in Box 2 Pokémon data.
Thus, after 1 check for a DMA pattern, the data in Box 2 becomes unusable for a second check due to the corruption.
Thus, you can't use a Fluffy Tail and chain the DMA pattern checks.

Oh, you gave me a good idea. If I can make it work that would make things easier.

Date: 2018-04-29 15:13:33
I do get the exact same thing but with a bright opened pokeball sometimes (i noticed this even when i tried before) but using the move with this pattern crashes the game.

Also, good news. Apparently performing IPG to get an empty slot as the first slot and having only KO pokemon in your team will make you send the empty slot upon reloading the game (since the active slot is set to 1 and no pokemon is able to fight). I'm going to use that from now on. There's still the possibility that i'm just extremely unlucky, after all, i got it to work 4 times, i don't get why it wouldn't work this time. The only difference is that i accidentally corrupted the Meowths once when doing the Safari Zone stuff, but i replaced them with fresh ones, and removed the bad eggs, so unless some of the corrupted data stayed there somehow, this shouldn't be related.

Edit: So apparently what i found actually works, which is great since it's way quicker than having to do the whole going to the PC thing each time. However, you still have to refresh the team by visiting a pokemon's profile before starting your up presses (or else the patterns won't fit fore some reason), so i recommend swapping the bad egg with another pokemon in order to avoid freezing the game by visiting the bad egg's profile.

Date: 2018-04-29 16:07:59

I do get the exact same thing but with a bright opened pokeball sometimes (i noticed this even when i tried before) but using the move with this pattern crashes the game.

Also, good news. Apparently performing IPG to get an empty slot as the first slot and having only KO pokemon in your team will make you send the empty slot upon reloading the game (since the active slot is set to 1 and no pokemon is able to fight). I'm going to use that from now on. There's still the possibility that i'm just extremely unlucky, after all, i got it to work 4 times, i don't get why it wouldn't work this time. The only difference is that i accidentally corrupted the Meowths once when doing the Safari Zone stuff, but i replaced them with fresh ones, and removed the bad eggs, so unless some of the corrupted data stayed there somehow, this shouldn't be related.

Using the Instant Pomeg Glitch also allows you to make a battle while sending an empty slot, but you have one slot taken by a Bad Egg too.  (it may play a role for certain codes when you need to add more Pokémon in the party)

But, my idea paid off and I have a better way to do things.

– DMA pattern check and ACE execution on Emerald (non Jpn) –

- Catch a wild Pochyena at Route 101 and nickname it : "C","O","D","E","D","S","D","empty space","h","empty space".
(the full nickname needs to be "CODEDSD h " with the last empty space and not "CODEDSD h")

This Pokémon will be consumed in the process, so you can clone it if you don't want to have to re-enter this nickname again.
Move it in safety outside of Boxes 1/2.

- Remove any Pokémon from Box 13 Slots 1 and 2.
During the last battle, a corruption will happen there. (you can leave a Bad Egg at these spots if you want)

- But at least 90 Fluffy Tails, and a dozen of Revives.
Clone some Max Revives if you can.

- Obtain the Glitch Pokémon :
Emer Fr : Poké 0xFAFC (250 Atk, 252 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer US : Poké 0x96F9 (150 Atk, 249 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Spa : Poké 0x94D1 (148 Atk, 209 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Ita : Poké 0xE354 (227 Atk, 84 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer Ger : Poké 0xE368 (227 Atk, 104 HP)(Party Slot 236)

You can obtain it with the in-game traded Seedot or the in-game traded Horsea, but I also recommend using a Smeargle with a Corruption Type of 7 as Smeargles can be nicknamed, which is useful to not lose track of which Glitch Pokémon is which.

- Clone this Pokémon with Battle Tower cloning glitch.
It is possible to lose this Pokémon in the process, so keep a clone to be able to perform other ACE.

- Set up your save for an ACE (Bootstrap Pokémon, PC Items/Pyramid Items, ACE Glitch Move,..)

- Once you are ready for the ACE, move the "CODEDSD h " Pokémon to :
Emer Fr : Box 1 Slot 20
Emer US : Box 2 Slot 5
Emer Spa : Box 2 Slot 5
Emer Ita : Box 1 Slot 20
Emer Ger : Box 1 Slot 30

- Move other Pokémon from the PC slots near the "CODEDSD h " Pokémon. (leave a 2 PC slots space before and after this Pokémon)
These PC Slots can turn into Bad Eggs in the process.
For safety, you can empty Boxes 1 and 2.

- The future wild battles you will do will corrupt some PC slots due to other unintended behaviours.
Thus, move any Pokémon from PC slots :
Emer Fr : No extra PC slots
Emer US : No extra PC Slots
Emer Spa : No extra PC Slots
Emer Ita : No extra PC Slots
Emer Ger : No extra PC Slots

- Make a party with :  Alive Pokémon - KO Glitch Pokémon - KO Pokémon with the ACE Glitch Move - KO Pokémon with Fly.
Where "Glitch Pokémon" is the Glitch Pokémon |  Fr : 0xFAFC | US : 0x96F9 | Spa : 0x94D1 | Ita : 0xE354 | Ger : 0xE368 | that was previously obtained.
If your Pokémon are high-levelled, you can fight wild Banettes with Curse while wasting turns with X Items in order to easily KO them.
You can also use a Smeargle in order to have Fly and the ACE Glitch Move on the same Pokémon.
You can bring 2 extra KO Pokémon if you want. (like a strong Pokémon to catch a shiny if you find one, or a Pokémon that you would need for an ACE like "rename a Pokémon" or "change the TID of a Pokémon")

- Open the PC.
- Generate an Invisible Bad Egg with a Cloning Glitch Pokémon. (If you don't have one already)
Try to grab the Cloning Glitch Pokémon, and this will generate an Invisible Bad Egg.
Deposif the Invisible Bad Egg.
- Close the PC and reopen it.
- Perform a Decaswitch in order to have a fully KO party.
Grab a Pokémon in the PC and deposit it. (a Pokémon that is not a Bad Egg and not a Glitch Pokémon)
Grab the Invisible Bad Egg.
Swap it with the Alive Pokémon in the party.
- Close the PC.
Your party is now : Invisible Bad Egg - KO Glitch Pokémon - KO Pokémon with the ACE Glitch Move - KO Pokémon with Fly.
- Fly to Slateport, and enter the PokéFan Club.
- Go in front of the journalist.
- Open the options, and make sure Battle Animations are ON.
- Save.
If the ACE messes up, or if you mess up something, you will restart from there.

- Talk to the journalist.
The journalist reads the species name of the Glitch Pokémon in the first party slot.
This species name is really long (~10.000 characters), and overwrites a part of RAM data.
The value that manages the party slot of the Pokémon that is currently fighting is overwritten. It is set to a very high value (240 or 236)

- Go to an area where you can make wild battles.
That can be Route 110, but Route 118 or any other route.
That can be any type of wild battle (grass,surf,fish,stationary Pokémon,rock smash).
Avoid fighting wild Pokémon that can end the battle by using teleport/roar/whirlwind/selfdestruct.

- Make a wild battle.
You will send out a Bad Egg.
/!\ Do not look at the moves of this Bad Egg, there is an important chance that this would freeze the game or make you lose the battle. /!\

- Look at the Level and Max HP values of the Bad Egg.
If the Bad Egg is not at Lv 190 or if he doesn't have ../220 HP, use a Fluffy Tail and do another wild battle.
/!\Do not try to flee as the Bad Egg can be unable to flee due to a very low speed. /!\

If the Bad Egg is at Lv 190 and has …/220 HP, your DMA pattern is okay for ACE. (1/32 chance)
Use a Revive/Max Revive on the Pokémon with Glitch Move 0x1608.
Switch to the Pokémon with Glitch Move 0x1608.
Use Glitch Move 0x1608 to perform ACE.

Here, by giving a specific nickname to a Pokémon and by depositing him at a specific PC slot, a part of his name will be used as Level and Max HP for a certain party slot if and only if the DMA pattern is 18.

As for the method to unlock Faraway and Birth Islands, a Glitch Pokémon species name is used to set the party slot of the currently fighting Pokémon to a specific value high enough (above 0xD5) so that the Lv and Max HP of the party slot are read on PC Pokémon data.

This method depends on the DMA pattern that is needed, and it only happened that for DMA pattern 18 the nickname of a Pokémon could be used. (It's also the case for DMA pattern 17 and a few others, but not for all of them).
However, in the other cases, in-game traded Pokémon with specific EVs can be used to produce the same effect.

Technically, this method is based on the check of 3 bytes (1 for the level, 2 for the Max HP), so there is a chance (but a really low chance) that a wild Pokémon ends up with 3 bytes in its data that have the same values and the same positioning (that's around 10/65.536 to get the 2 bytes for the Max Hp in a good spot, and then you need the correct byte for the level).

With this method, you can make all the wild encounters you want without ruining the setup as the 3 bytes concerned here are not bytes that get corrupted by Glitzer Popping.

Date: 2018-04-29 18:00:56
Thanks a lot ! It seems way easier this way.

I started to test it a bit, but i noticed that the first slot pokemon in the team tends to transform into a clone of the second slot one when a bad egg is sent out, so i took care of cloning it.
I also don't quite get which nickname i'm supposed to use since you seem to have made some typos in your post; is it "CODESDS" or "CODEDSD" and is the last non-space character a "h" or a "N" ?

Anyway, thanks again. i'll try to test this further tomorrow when i get back from work

Date: 2018-04-30 09:22:00

Thanks a lot ! It seems way easier this way.

I started to test it a bit, but i noticed that the first slot pokemon in the team tends to transform into a clone of the second slot one when a bad egg is sent out, so i took care of cloning it.

If I'm not wrong, this is caused by having a 6 Pokémon party (maybe a 5 Pokémon one) and by viewing the party during the battle.
The game tries to push the currently fighting Pokémon in the first party slot, which kind of makes the first party Pokémon go into oblivion and be replaced by a copy of the second party Pokémon.

I also don't quite get which nickname i'm supposed to use since you seem to have made some typos in your post; is it "CODESDS" or "CODEDSD" and is the last non-space character a "h" or a "N" ?

Anyway, thanks again. i'll try to test this further tomorrow when i get back from work

Nice catch, the CODESDS was a typo. I also initially put a N  (for 200 Max HP) but I changed that for an h (220 Max HP).

With the procedure, only the 5th, 9th and 10th letter "D" and "h " count in the process.
The 7th and 8th ("D ", would give 190 Remaining HP) can also be used but only if you reset after each wild battle. (because the target remaining HP can be corrupted from previous wild battles). However, by using Lv, Max HP, and Remaining HP, your chances to have a Pokémon with some data that forms the exact same values would drop to 0.

Posted by: jfb1337
Date: 2018-04-30 12:29:10
Why is each step in the pomeg glitch required? i.e. why do you need at least 3 pokémon, why do you have to switch the negative hp 'mon with another one, and why do you have to view the summary page of something before scrolling up?

Date: 2018-04-30 12:32:33
Good news… it actually worked this time !!!

[img]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/18/1/1525109489-20180430-191106.jpg[/img]

[img]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/18/1/1525109485-20180430-191411.jpg[/img]

That's amazing ! Thanks a lot for the setup.

Also, i noticed some things.
- I had only 4 pokemon in my team but the first one still got corrupted into the second one (though i realized later that upon opening the PC, it disappears completely). Maybe it's another one of 0x2A3B's corruptions ? Anyway, that's not much of a problem since you can just put your invisible bad egg in the first slot like i did.
- My Box 13 Slots 1 and 2 got corrupted. Not a big deal in my case since my entire Box 13 is filled with clones of the in-game traded Plusle each holding a Rare Candy (i'm using it to quickly stack Rare Candies when i need them via the Battle Tower cloning glitch), but this should definitely be mentioned to avoid someone putting their shiny Rayquaza there and saving without realizing it. Anyway, one got corrupted into an egg and the other one into a bad egg. I'll try to hatch the egg later and see what comes out. Also, it's possible that other PC slots can be corrupted as well and it simply didn't happen to me.

Anyway, thanks again for the setup. I'll try to execute other codes later now that i have a working ACE setup (though the lack of a GBA opcode table is a pain).

EDIT: The egg hatched into a Plusle. It seems similar to the in-game traded Plusle but doesn't have its nickname, have my OT and ID and have glitch moves as the 2nd and 4th move slots. This seems very similar to Glitzer Popping, so my guess is that the same thing happened.

Date: 2018-04-30 13:19:14

Why is each step in the pomeg glitch required? i.e. why do you need at least 3 pokémon, why do you have to switch the negative hp 'mon with another one, and why do you have to view the summary page of something before scrolling up?

The initialization of the Pomeg Glitch Data Corruption (or Glitzer Popping) involves sending to the battle the last Pokémon in your party, then depositing a Pokémon, then KOing all your party Pokémon.
Depending on the procedures, you will either send the negative HP Pokémon (or 1 HP Pokémon) and switch to the last party Pokémon, or you will move the negative Hp/1 Hp Pokémon to the last party slot before making a wild battle.

Since you need to decrease the amount of party Pokémon, at least 2 party Pokémon are required.
Also, when you will be on the "open the summary of a party Pokémon step", you will not be able to look at the summary of your last party Pokémon.
Since you need to view the summary of a Pokémon, and since the summary of an empty slot can freeze the game, you need to have at least 2 Pokémon in your party at that time, which means 3 party Pokémon at the beginning. (If you start with only 2 party Pokémon, you will only be able to look at the summary of the bad egg, which will freeze your game most of the time.)

Also, since it is very convenient and sometimes mandatory to have a Pokémon with Fly, the common setup starts with 3 party Pokémon : 1 to be deposited in the PC - 1 with Fly -1 that can fall KO with Pomeg Berries.

You can also perform Glitzer Popping by starting with 4,5 or 6 party Pokémon.
However, having 6 Party Pokémon at the beginning causes some interference during the corruption which can make it way shorter than usual (you can't hold up for very long before the game freezes). In this case too, some party Pokémon can randomly become corrupted.

Viewing the summary page refreshes the party Pokémon counter.
Since an empty slot has been put in the first party slot due to the Pomeg Glitch fight (the game sent the Pokémon in party slot 3 to the battle, which is an empty slot, so it sent an empty slot to the battle), this makes the party Pokémon counter think that the party is empty (it looks for the first empty slot in the party).
This, in turn, makes the party Pokémon Selection Pointer overflow, allowing it to select all 256 possible party slots.

Without this refreshing of the party Pokémon counter, you would not be able to access party slot 256 by hitting Up. (In RS, the party Pokémon counter is not refreshed during a battle, so due to that you cannot perform Glitzer Popping even though you can end up with a fully KO party by transferring Pomeg Glitch from Emerald).

Good news… it actually worked this time !!!

That's amazing ! Thanks a lot for the setup.

Also, i noticed some things.
- I had only 4 pokemon in my team but the first one still got corrupted into the second one (though i realized later that upon opening the PC, it disappears completely). Maybe it's another one of 0x2A3B's corruptions ? Anyway, that's not much of a problem since you can just put your invisible bad egg in the first slot like i did.

This is really neat ! I'm happy that you didn't came across other issues and that with this setup you could easily get the expected result.

So you swapped the Invisible Bad Egg to the first party slot, if I understood well ?

- My Box 13 Slots 1 and 2 got corrupted. Not a big deal in my case since my entire Box 13 is filled with clones of the in-game traded Plusle each holding a Rare Candy (i'm using it to quickly stack Rare Candies when i need them via the Battle Tower cloning glitch), but this should definitely be mentioned to avoid someone putting their shiny Rayquaza there and saving without realizing it. Anyway, one got corrupted into an egg and the other one into a bad egg. I'll try to hatch the egg later and see what comes out. Also, it's possible that other PC slots can be corrupted as well and it simply didn't happen to me.

This is something that I think someone else reported to me, but I wasn't able to exactly reproduce it, so I don't really know which part of the procedure causes a Pokémon at Box 13 to be corrupted. (and if other PC slots can be targeted)
It is

Edit : Yes, you're right, I did a few more steps and the Pokémon at Box 13 Slot 2 became a Bad Egg.
From what I see, this happens during the final battle, when the Bad Egg takes a hit or is switched out.
It is apparently caused by a checksum check done at a completely incorrect place. (nothing happens if you leave the PC slot empty)

I will try that with a save who has a nearly filled PC in order to see if this also happens at other PC Slots.

Anyway, thanks again for the setup. I'll try to execute other codes later now that i have a working ACE setup (though the lack of a GBA opcode table is a pain).

EDIT: The egg hatched into a Plusle. It seems similar to the in-game traded Plusle but doesn't have its nickname, have my OT and ID and have glitch moves as the 2nd and 4th move slots. This seems very similar to Glitzer Popping, so my guess is that the same thing happened.

Date: 2018-04-30 14:04:39
Yes, putting the bad egg in the first party slot makes it so it's the one disappearing (the other slots seem unaffected). Also something i noticed is that sometimes a corrupted version of my "CODEDSD h " was sent to battle (like, with the sprite and everything).