Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 18

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-16 14:08:32
Dots should work but it may take a few tries (maybe try say 40 more times and tell me if it doesn't work?) because this glitch is still random; the game may set the wrong bits. If you use memory viewer to set the sixth bit of the first byte on the personality value (stored as the last here) (+$40), it will turn into an Egg, so you should get an Egg eventually.

Well, that's a relief! Thanks!  ;)

It would be really cool to be able to access beyond slot 6 in the overworld.  O_o

Wait. Tell me how much experience your Seedot has. That may affect whether it turns into an Egg or not.

Oooh…I may be in a spot of bother then…

I have box 1 full and box 2 nearly full of Lv20 Dots Nuzleafs. I am trying simultaneously for Jirachi and Deoxys; therefore, I have assembled the boxes in the order of 1: Jirachi Dots, 2: Deoxys Dots, 3: Jirachi Dots, 4: Deoxys Dots and so on. (J Dots has a heart marking; D Dots has a triangle marking.)

Jirachi Nuzleaf has obtained 6321 EXP points, and Deoxys Nuzleaf has earned slightly more due to its extra HP EV (6408 EXP points).

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-16 14:21:18
You're welcome. Hope you get it to work. :)

Jirachi Nuzleaf has obtained 6321 EXP points, and Deoxys Nuzleaf has earned slightly more due to its extra HP EV (6408 EXP points).

Both should work. (It worked after I got two of Dots and changed their experience/levels with A-Save and set bit 6 with memory viewer). Experience matters because when EGAM changes to GMAE, 'growth' is going into 'miscellaneous'. Old species is interpreted as Pokérus status and Met location (likely gets overwritten once the Egg hatches), Item held goes into 'origins data' (I don't know what this is) and finally experience; a dword (4 bytes) goes into "IVs, Egg, and Ability".

But I still don't know which byte from these 4 controls whether the Pokémon is an Egg.

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-16 17:56:24

What causes the Decamarks to be unstable when only the sprite is viewed?

I can't answer that with certainty; but it isn't exclusive to just egg hatching. 

But do remember that they also have cries.  That could possibly do it, though I doubt it. 

Would it be possible that the game reads invalid data, decides that it is invalid, and then gives the (?) sprite?  Could that do stuff? 

Date: 2014-05-17 16:03:36
I've found that Bad Decamarks has a minor cloaking effect. I entered the Hall of Fame with it in my 5th slot, and the Pokemon in the 6th slot did not appear in the Hall of Fame.

Also, while checking the Ribbons via Pokenav, those in my party were not listed while Bad Decamarks was in my first slot. (When I moved it to the 6th, they were listed again.) I thought having it in the first slot might mask the fact that I didn't have enough Pokemon for a double battle, but t seems there's a limit to what this cloaking effect is capable of.

But this seems rather promising. (Though, admittedly, less so in light of the fact that anything is now possible in the game. :P) What else might this achieve?

Date: 2014-05-17 16:09:52
This is unrelated to your question, but Vae, did you get the any Pokémon trick to work with Dots? I'm starting to worry maybe I'm wrong and it's only possible with Seasor (and certain random Pokémon), but I wouldn't understand why.

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-17 16:47:06

I've found that Bad Decamarks has a minor cloaking effect. I entered the Hall of Fame with it in my 5th slot, and the Pokemon in the 6th slot did not appear in the Hall of Fame.

Also, while checking the Ribbons via Pokenav, those in my party were not listed while Bad Decamarks was in my first slot. (When I moved it to the 6th, they were listed again.) I thought having it in the first slot might mask the fact that I didn't have enough Pokemon for a double battle, but t seems there's a limit to what this cloaking effect is capable of.

But this seems rather promising. (Though, admittedly, less so in light of the fact that anything is now possible in the game. :P) What else might this achieve?

I know from earlier that you can't view Hall of Fame data of the team you had Bad Decamarks in from the PC. Also, while attempting to migrate it, it can't show up due to its invisibility if it lacks Pokerus. I once tried to migrate one with Pokerus, and the game stated that "This Pokemon is not permitted to migrate." I'm not entirely sure if Pokerus is why it shows up visibly, though. From the migration screen, it can hold an item if it is visible. 

Date: 2014-05-17 16:58:01

This is unrelated to your question, but Vae, did you get the any Pokémon trick to work with Dots? I'm starting to worry maybe I'm wrong and it's only possible with Seasor (and certain random Pokémon), but I wouldn't understand why.

I've tried six times since to no avail - but to be honest I suspect that this is par for the course and that there is simply an exceptionally low probability of success.

When you successfully morphed your Seasor, how many attempts did it take you?

I know from earlier that you can't view Hall of Fame data of the team you had Bad Decamarks in from the PC. Also, while attempting to migrate it, it can't show up due to its invisibility if it lacks Pokerus. I once tried to migrate one with Pokerus, and the game stated that "This Pokemon is not permitted to migrate." I'm not entirely sure if Pokerus is why it shows up visibly, though. From the migration screen, it can hold an item if it is visible. 

For most purposes, it's treated as an Egg (contests, Battle Frontier, move relearner, etc.), so unfortunately it makes sense that it couldn't be migrated.

Do you suppose that Emerald treats it differently if it has Pokérus or not?

Date: 2014-05-17 17:20:55

I've tried six times since to no avail - but to be honest I suspect that this is par for the course and that there is simply an exceptionally low probability of success.

When you successfully morphed your Seasor, how many attempts did it take you?

Just two times. I have a save file with the Seasors, the 65535 HP Pokémon, the fainted Pokémon and the 'switch Pokémon' ready, so I can try again and I'll let you know how many times it takes it to work the next time. I may have been really lucky.

Edit: I just tried for the 10th time and got no Egg, so I likely was lucky.

Date: 2014-05-17 17:41:56
I may have been really lucky.

You have, at one point, manually changed the relevant byte with success. (Or, at least, I interpret so.)

It's simply a matter of repeating the process as many times as is necessary… :-\

Date: 2014-05-17 18:43:16

I may have been really lucky.

You have, at one point, manually changed the relevant byte with success. (Or, at least, I interpret so.)

It's simply a matter of repeating the process as many times as is necessary… :-\

Yep, that's right, after I successfully got a Jirachi Egg, I added $40 to the first personality byte (the only one that works, I stress) for both Seasor and Dots and they became regular Eggs and their EVs got interpreted as species.

$40 (bit 6) being added to the first personality byte is a one in eight occurrence for Dots, ignoring the actual randomness mechanics involved, as I don't know them. It would've been a one in four occurrence for Seasor, only the 'add bit 0 and 2 to first byte; i.e. +05' thing doesn't result in a regular Egg for this Horsea, so it's one in eight again.

Date: 2014-05-18 14:48:16
In FR/LG, the Pokémon past the sixth slot are very different to those found in Emerald. They're mostly identical and non-volatile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDwHEoqPhM

In Emerald, post-6th slot Pokémon corrupt:

-Pokémon in boxes 1 and 2
-Day Care
-Items
-Secret Base items

Could these guys corrupt anything different over in Kanto?

Date: 2014-05-19 10:05:26
Discovery found by Golderzoa333 on his Twitch stream:

If you check the summary of the second Pokémon then scroll up twice without leaving the summary (to the Decamark you sent out) you'll see a 'dark' version of your first Pokémon that may be flipped. It'll disappear after a short time, unless the game happens to lock-up when it's shown.

[img]http://i.minus.com/jAAZL60gPBdlt.png[/img]

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-05-19 17:22:39

Discovery found by Golderzoa333 on his Twitch stream:

If you check the summary of the second Pokémon then scroll up twice without leaving the summary (to the Decamark you sent out) you'll see a 'dark' version of your first Pokémon that may be flipped. It'll disappear after a short time, unless the game happens to lock-up when it's shown.

[img]http://i.minus.com/jAAZL60gPBdlt.png[/img]

Is that a reproducible effect?  Because in some cases some Decamarks cause weird sprite glitches to occur. 

[table][tr][td]
[acronym=Hosted on imgur][img]http://i.imgur.com/jcyth4u.png[/img][/acronym]
EG this charmander
[/td][/tr][/table]

I'll also note that in that image, it says the Pokémon is a ??????????, and No000. 

Date: 2014-05-20 07:26:10

I have a save file with the Seasors, the 65535 HP Pokémon, the fainted Pokémon and the 'switch Pokémon' ready, so I can try again and I'll let you know how many times it takes it to work the next time. I may have been really lucky.

Edit: I just tried for the 10th time and got no Egg, so I likely was lucky.

Alright, I have finally achieved success! Yesterday, I got my Jirachi Egg and hatched it. I cloned it and then wiped boxes 1 and 2 clean, releasing the uncorrupted Nuzleafs and erasing all the Bad Eggs. So then this morning I set up the boxes for the same with Deoxys, which succeeded after only eight tries.  ;D

I have noted some details:

1) On both occasions, the valid Eggs were found in box 2, slot 23. This is the same slot in which you find your Jirachi Egg morphed from Seasor;

2) Just as described by others, the Egg was at its "making sounds!" stage when discovered;

3) And the Egg was always contained in a Nest Ball.

Numerically, box 2, slot 23 is the last slot that is affected by the corruption, but it is always the first to be corrupted. Unless the experiences of others tell otherwise, it may well be that this is the only slot that allows EV corruption - though I must say I doubt this.  :???:

Posted by: pigdevil2010
Date: 2014-05-20 08:06:26
2) Just as described by others, the Egg was at its "making sounds!" stage when discovered;

3) And the Egg was always contained in a Nest Ball.

All of these are the the result of when the 30th bit of PV got changed. The egg used friendship value for hatching (every 256 steps will decreases it by one and it will hatch when it reaches zero). It's in "making sounds" stage because your Pokémon friendship value is really low. And the 30th bit of origins dword is the 3rd bit of ball used value (Nest Ball have a value of 8 which means 10002)