Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 51

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2019-07-23 03:33:25
Is ACE fully doable in FR/LG?  If so, has anyone written a code to cause Mewtwo to respawn, or to change your secret ID?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-07-24 06:07:46

Is ACE fully doable in FR/LG?  If so, has anyone written a code to cause Mewtwo to respawn, or to change your secret ID?

With the large number of glitch animations and the DMA (memory randomisation), it sounds highly probable. Unfortunately since the Pomeg Berry doesn't work in FireRed/LeafGreen like in Emerald, trading may be the only option to do the beyond slot 6 scrolling - or you may be able to trade an Egg that hatches knowing a glitch move. Additionally, it may be possible in Ruby however from what I gathered DMA either doesn't exist in that game or is more basic than the Emerald one (in Ruby only, though mm it sucks Mewtwo doesn't have preset Mewtwo code(unless it does unused?)), in such a way it may guarantee 100% success chance for an ACE glitch animation.

I want to research how to do it in FR/LG and Ruby/Sapphire.

I've also attached what seems to be the Ruby/Sapphire execution pointers based on https://github.com/pret/pokeruby/blob/master/data/battle_anim_scripts.s ; if extrapolating them to 65536 is correct. All you have to do with the attached file below, is open the file in Notepad++ to get the line indication and hence the pointer of a specific index number for the move/glitch move. However, I had to merge the valid (1-354 and 355) together due to an error - it seems OK though. We should be able to work with this.

For FireRed, maybe we can extrapolate this structure ;
https://github.com/pret/pokefirered/blob/e4acfdf20b7d56b83cee6f4e49b257a2ecb92a95/src/data/battle_moves.h

Sorry that I'm unexperienced with this :(, hope this helps a little though even though it's theory. :)

Posted by: AcroTic
Date: 2020-01-15 02:22:27
Hey there, I've been a lurker for the past 3 years, trying various pomeg glitch applications on my own, and I had an idea. Since I can't really seem to grasp the way memory works I'm hoping I can bring something valuable for you guys to test.

I've been thinking. Just like the reporter can read Glitch Pokemon names as they are, can't we force the Move Deleter  to say a glitch move with an unreasonably high number of characters? I happened to remove a glitch move on my Emerald, but I couldn't see any change (since I did that on cartridge). This could even be the solution to activating the Birth Island/Faraway Island flag on US Emerald.

I hope I'm not repeating something previously discovered, and since this is my first post on this forum, I just wanna say thank you to all of you for your insight and help over the past few years.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2020-01-15 14:19:35

Hey there, I've been a lurker for the past 3 years, trying various pomeg glitch applications on my own, and I had an idea. Since I can't really seem to grasp the way memory works I'm hoping I can bring something valuable for you guys to test.

I've been thinking. Just like the reporter can read Glitch Pokemon names as they are, can't we force the Move Deleter  to say a glitch move with an unreasonably high number of characters? I happened to remove a glitch move on my Emerald, but I couldn't see any change (since I did that on cartridge). This could even be the solution to activating the Birth Island/Faraway Island flag on US Emerald.

I hope I'm not repeating something previously discovered, and since this is my first post on this forum, I just wanna say thank you to all of you for your insight and help over the past few years.

Hi AcroTic, welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, from how I remember it too, sometimes the game will let you delete the move (i.e. it can happen when it is the only glitch move in the list to delete)(?). Maybe like you said, a highly specific length could let you get a favourable corruption, but unsure if Metarkrai has already tried this, I can try to contact him if you want.

If so, it may also vary based on the glitch move's length; like how the internal glitch Pokémon name lengths were found for a mod of an existing tool.

The tool was available here and was called "Gen III Extended Hacking Suite", but it was for checking glitch Pokémon name lengths and I'm unsure if it was compatible with moves. Hopefully if it isn't compatible, there would be a way to make it. https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7127.0

Unsure if the original links still work but I have a mirror for the Windows/Python code here if this helps. ^^ https://sites.google.com/site/torchickens2/glitching-tools

Posted by: julesloeuf
Date: 2020-04-25 15:41:04
Is there a way to unlock the Navel Rock thanks to the Pomeg Glitch bug? I already managed to get the Mysticticket thanks to this gitch, but I've heard something about corropting the pyramid bag or something.

Can someone help me? Thanks  ;D
julesloeuf

Posted by: merrp
Date: 2020-04-25 17:55:00
Is something like this what you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stcx-1wkMus

This uses a single-corrupted DOTS egg with 17 HP EVs and 6 Attack EVs.