Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 8

Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-04-21 14:41:45
I literally just ran to go test out the idea of catching Pokemon in link battles, thinking it would be a repeat of the Fire Spin glitch. Unfortunately, the battle system really relies on the opponent giving proper commands, and cannot proceed until everything is perfectly in order.

Turning the link battle into a wild battle in Single Link merely hung the game at the attack menu. In Doubles, it was possible to open Smeargle's attack menu (which the game immediately closed for me), but using a Fluffy Tail or Poke Ball, attacking or switching left the other game at "Link standby…" permanently.

I really thought we were onto something there… :P

Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-04-21 15:33:53

I literally just ran to go test out the idea of catching Pokemon in link battles, thinking it would be a repeat of the Fire Spin glitch. Unfortunately, the battle system really relies on the opponent giving proper commands, and cannot proceed until everything is perfectly in order.

Turning the link battle into a wild battle in Single Link merely hung the game at the attack menu. In Doubles, it was possible to open Smeargle's attack menu (which the game immediately closed for me), but using a Fluffy Tail or Poke Ball, attacking or switching left the other game at "Link standby…" permanently.

I really thought we were onto something there… :P

That's a shame :/. Thanks for testing the Battle Pike thing for me and verifying it without the fight screen move code!

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-21 15:40:24
Can you test in Gen 4? (Have a Smeargle sketch it, transfer it to Gen 4 and have Skitty use Assist)

Someone made some posts on the effects here: http://pastebin.com/vcaJzW6P https://twitter.com/Pointerrrr/status/458324244829462528/photo/1

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-04-21 15:53:50

Can you test in Gen 4? (Have a Smeargle sketch it, transfer it to Gen 4 and have Skitty use Assist)

Yeah, I did that already. It's on page 6 of this thread.  ;)

Date: 2014-04-21 16:10:25
Wonder if any other glitch moves have a different effect, and if you'd use them in a link battle. Would it be any different if you used the move in a link battle?

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-04-21 16:29:38
When you corrupt the boxes, it not only affects them, but if you have Pokemon in the daycare, they can become Bad EGGS. This also applies if the Daycare Man will give you an egg. When the egg hatches, the game freezes but the hatching music still plays. Also, the hatched egg's sprite becomes a distorted version of the Pokemon ribbon sprites.

Date: 2014-04-21 16:55:48
Ooh, nice find! You have to scroll up some more than the box corruption minimum; scrolling up to D7 (affects 2nd box Pokémon in Box 1, remember that FF affects Box 2 Pokémon 23) doesn't do it. B0 corrupted one of the Pokémon in the Daycare on my file, and when I scrolled up even more I got two Bad EGGs that had an Egg. I'm currently working on hatching the Egg, but it may take a long time…

Date: 2014-04-21 17:02:38
The egg which I received said it was going to hatch soon. I also remember that the game slowed down while the Daycare Man was giving me the egg.

Date: 2014-04-21 17:03:10

The egg which I received said it was going to hatch soon. I also remember that the game slowed down while the Daycare Man was giving me the egg.

Mine was one that'd take a 'long time', but with a quick Egg hatch code, the Egg hatched into a "-" so it seems like "-" is obtainable without cheating. Let me know if you also get it.

Date: 2014-04-21 17:04:09
The game froze when it hatched. :(

Date: 2014-04-21 17:11:27
Another thing is the glitch can corrupt OT, as it changed one of my Pokémon's OT from Alan to Ala1.
So I tested one of the glitch moves and it apparently does an infinite Double-Slap. ow, ow, Owwww!
With no animations on, it skips my turn, like VaeporSage said.
Wonder when we'll find a useful Gen 4 glitch move.
I can smell the trolling on Wi-Fi.

Date: 2014-04-21 17:12:48
It can also change the names of Pokemon, like my Claydol became nicknamed Claydole once and my Wingull became Win ull.

Date: 2014-04-21 17:13:13

The game froze when it hatched. :(

That's a shame. Now I wonder whether the fact that I got "-" was just a side effect of the quick Egg hatch code.

Edit: Well that code doesn't mess up a normal Egg Pokémon. (Source of code)
Edit 2: I suppose I could also have been lucky, or the "-" hatch could be a thing that works on VBA but not on the real GBA, maybe.

Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berr

Date: 2014-04-21 17:58:55

I have found something similar. Invisible Bad Decamark. Interestingly enough, when put in your party, its party sprite when visible is either a shiny palette of a party member or shiny Bulbasaur. Unlike the Invisible Bad EGG it's safe to look at its summary.

I have pictures of this now. I apologize in advance for the poor quality…but the Bad Decamark was totally worth the Bad Eggs for me. Oddly enough, you can't view the Hall of Fame record with this Decamark from the PC.

I found it by searching for every invisible pokemon after corruption in Box 1/2 and through save scumming, I was able to figure out which one was the Bad Decamark.

Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!

Posted by: pokechu22
Date: 2014-04-21 19:32:14

I have found something similar. Invisible Bad Decamark. Interestingly enough, when put in your party, its party sprite when visible is either a shiny palette of a party member or shiny Bulbasaur. Unlike the Invisible Bad EGG it's safe to look at its summary.

I have pictures of this now. I apologize in advance for the poor quality…but the Bad Decamark was totally worth the Bad Eggs for me. Oddly enough, you can't view the Hall of Fame record with this Decamark from the PC.

I found it by searching for every invisible pokemon after corruption in Box 1/2 and through save scumming, I was able to figure out which one was the Bad Decamark.

I've seen bad Decamarks a few times before. 

They occasionally appear in FireRed when scrolling up in the summary. 

[img]http://i.imgur.com/M3KRO0O.png[/img]

Importantly, the game partially treats it as an egg: You cannot view the moves or stats page, as the game skips over them.  This also allows you to pass by it without the game crashing if you encounter one where that happens. 

EDIT: Also, this post's name is way too long.  I was getting an Over 80 characters warning, which is annoying.  It also scrolls stuff too far to fit in my feed.