Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 17

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-05-15 16:52:26
What would happen if you transfer a Pokémon with Glitched Symbols to Gen 4?

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-15 18:08:42

I Pal Parked a Sunflora with a glitched symbol in it and it got renamed to ?????????? in the migration screen and in Pal Park.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-05-15 18:27:38

I assume both you and voltage are referring to symbols you normally can't add when nicknaming Pokémon? (sorry if you weren't)

If so, in theory a simple character conversion like this may also happen.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-05-15 18:55:15
Hey Torchickens, I saw your video tutorial. Amazing. The tutorial should be added do Bulbapedia later, along with the corruption stuff. Also, I'll try to get RAGE via this method later, it'll make my Super Glitch video "legit".

Date: 2014-05-15 19:15:18

Hey Torchickens, I saw your video tutorial. Amazing. The tutorial should be added do Bulbapedia later, along with the corruption stuff. Also, I'll try to get RAGE via this method later, it'll make my Super Glitch video "legit".

Glad you liked it. Yeah, I'm thinking of writing about it on Bulbapedia soon. I'll talk to SnorlaxMonster for his opinion on if it deserves its own article. Good luck on getting RAGE :)

The only problems other than bad luck I see is if it freezes the game when it hatches, and if it doesn't learn enough moves before it learns the Super Glitch move at level 28/if its growth rate is really slow (I can't check right now, but you may want to confirm if it does or doesn't) to erase all glitch moves with freezing names. These problems could be important.

It's nice to see hatching Decamarks without cheating being possible indeed.

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2014-05-15 19:25:21
Are the two guaranteed glitch moves overwriteable via move relearner? Afaik it's common that it's the type that freezes, but the Move Relearner doesn't show the upside down Normal, instead some glitch letters that doesn't freeze. At least it was like that with most of the Decamark's moves.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-05-15 19:30:26

I assume both you and voltage are referring to symbols you normally can't add when nicknaming Pokémon? (sorry if you weren't)

If so, in theory a simple character conversion like this may also happen.

No, I meant the Glitched Marking Symbols. Maybe we'd get arbitrary code in gen 4 :D?

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-05-15 23:57:46

No, I meant the Glitched Marking Symbols. Maybe we'd get arbitrary code in gen 4 :D?

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant…but I just did this with Whismur and its marking reverted to normal.

Posted by: pigdevil2010
Date: 2014-05-16 09:44:29

I hatched 0x151A in my last video ;)

Date: 2014-05-16 10:24:14

I hatched 0x151A in my last video ;)

Niice :)

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-16 11:09:23
I guess now this trick allows hatching all 65536 Pokemon in Emerald?

Date: 2014-05-16 11:49:55

I guess now this trick allows hatching all 65536 Pokemon in Emerald?

Yes, but from when I experimented with hacking the ROM to evolve Bulbasaur into Decamarks, some Decamarks were so unstable the evolution would not complete, so I imagine that might be a problem for hatching certain Decamarks too.

Posted by: camper
Date: 2014-05-16 12:19:43
What causes the Decamarks to be unstable when only the sprite is viewed?

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-05-16 12:34:20
I've tried EV Glitzer Popping with Dots the Seedot, and nine corruption attempts later I've got no valid Eggs.

According to the description of the trade exclusives on the previous page, Dots is equally as valid as Seasor for this Glitzer variant. However, on Torchickens' Pastebin describing the contents of his video on the exploit, it is explained that Seasor is the only Pokémon with which the glitch can be performed.

I in fact released my Seasor last year in a wide purge of the contents of my boxes deemed unnecessary. (How wrong I was!)

If it is the case that Dots is unviable for morphing purposes, then I will have to resort to wide-scale hatching in the hopes that one could possibly be morphed in this way. What Pokémon would hatch from an Egg if its original had 0 EVs in everything?

Date: 2014-05-16 13:27:41

According to the description of the trade exclusives on the previous page, Dots is equally as valid as Seasor for this Glitzer variant. However, on Torchickens' Pastebin describing the contents of his video on the exploit, it is explained that Seasor is the only Pokémon with which the glitch can be performed.

Oh… I made a stupid mistake I think, sorry.  :-[

Dots should work eventually, so you're not out of luck.

I was only reading the bits 0 and 2 being set list, so my Pastebin is wrong, and then I replicated my mistake in a later edit of the post.

Dots should work but it may take a few tries (maybe try say 40 more times and tell me if it doesn't work?) because this glitch is still random; the game may set the wrong bits. If you use memory viewer to set the sixth bit of the first byte on the personality value (stored as the last here) (+$40), it will turn into an Egg, so you should get an Egg eventually. Wait. Tell me how much experience your Seedot has. That may affect whether it turns into an Egg or not. I overlooked this.

The change that makes it work is bit 6 being set and Dots' substructure order being changed from EGAM changes to GMAE (one of the changes is EVs->Growth).

What Pokémon would hatch from an Egg if its original had 0 EVs in everything?

It appears invisible on the summary screen, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to see/withdraw the Egg. That's a shame, because it lets you do the access Pokémon from beyond the sixth slot glitch outside of battle if you have it in your first position! Some may freeze the game when you bring up the 'summary/switch/item/cancel' box, and some won't, but I haven't been able to switch any around yet.

If it does hatch (probably cheat only) I guess it would hatch into the hex:0000 Decamark. I'll try to hatch it.

On the deposit screen, it takes the sprite of the second Pokémon, possibly with a glitched palette and you can't deposit it.