Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 28

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2014-11-07 15:04:14

-When you corrupt the script of a trainer in an area, how far does this area extend to? Is it the entire map of that area (e.g. all of Route 104)? For example, if you entered Victory Road from the League entrance and corrupted trainers there, could all trainers on that floor be affected, or just the trainers on a certain portion of the floor (within a certain radius, perhaps)?

I don't think you can go out of the route at most (and entering a building/ladder and exit(?)/blacking out also fixes the script).

When I did script corruption in the desert, I could go up a slope and talk to a corrupted karate guy even though he was out of the desert (though he was in the same Hoenn Map square). I saved a state before talking to him.

After I reloaded the state and went up a bit more. I can't remember what I did, but I probably went out of the route. His script returned to normal.

Later I did this in Route 111 (two squares up from Mauville City). I went one square up and there was still an NPC with a corrupted script, so going out of a square doesn't matter, but I'm not sure if the script will come back to normal if you go out of loads of squares without changing the route.

I also managed to obtain the Eon Ticket, so I read up on this thread's analysis of whether or not Faraway Island/Navel Rock could be accessed. I'm not sure I understand fully: it involves corruption of TMs 18 and 24 to obtain the relevant key items in some way, and then there is an extra flag to be checked? It really would be cool to get to those islands through glitching. ^_^

There wasn't any mention of Birth Island. Is there a possibility of reaching there either? :3

Yeah, having the items alone isn't enough.

-As signposts, rocks, and maybe the notices on Pokémon Centres/Marts all count as NPCs, could they ever become trainers and walk up to you somehow? That would be really cool to watch.

I love that idea. I've seen it happen with an item ball in Generation I before when experimenting with text pointer manipulation. (Not really that, I changed another script; which was the level-script pointer according to my notes).

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-11-20 21:00:59

Major find. Pomeg glitch opens up a glitch effect that will break your save file if you save, and corrupts many things.

You can freeze the game if you turn/take one step close a menu like the Pokédex, corrupt your Pokémon, your name, your items, your Pokédex data, your play time and your gender all with voltage/Metarkai's trick. I tried taking a step forward after bumping into the NPC and the game also froze, but the freeze was different (the 'registered phone number' sound effect played).

I mutated this non-Trainer on Route 111 and tried to talk to him.

So I was playing with trainer script corruption last night and found a couple of things. I mutated that same non-trainer on Route 111 and a menu with BUY and QUIT displayed. If you select BUY, a bunch of the same items, which appear to be glitch decorations(they get sent to the Player's PC once you purchase them, for one), showed up. The displayed price was around 8000ish Pokedollars but in actuality, buying them made the game display their actual value, which was about double that. Much to my dismay, selecting quit froze the game, and I believe the sound made when the player goes on teleporters play.

I also managed to experience that mass corruption found by Torchickens, albeit differently. I experienced it in Route 117, by talking to the Day Care Man. After I talked to him, I got a call on my PokéNav full of repeating ê. After the call finally ended, a text box displayed as if I was in Petalburg City and then the game believed I was in a very glitchy Safari Game. Like the corruption, my name changed, but into repeating ê. I then retired from the Glitch Safari Game and found myself unsurprisingly, in the Safari Game entrance. After that, the game seemed to be mass corrupted in the same way as Torchickens' corruption. I tried to use the PC, but the game froze. I think I should play around with this on my other Emerald cartridge, after replaying it.

EDIT: I have been wondering if there is any specific reason why Glitch Trainer encounter music is either the Pokémaniac Encounter theme…

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-11-21 11:00:54
So I was playing with trainer script corruption last night and found a couple of things. I mutated that same non-trainer on Route 111 and a menu with BUY and QUIT displayed. If you select BUY, a bunch of the same items, which appear to be glitch decorations(they get sent to the Player's PC once you purchase them, for one), showed up. The displayed price was around 8000ish Pokedollars but in actuality, buying them made the game display their actual value, which was about double that. Much to my dismay, selecting quit froze the game, and I believe the sound made when the player goes on teleporters play.

Having read this, I tried to replicate it myself on Route 111 half an hour ago and was about to quit, but decided to explore the upper half of the Route just in case I had corrupted any NPCs that way.

Surprise, surprise, I got exactly the same result you did - from the first male Cooltrainer above the smashable rocks. I scrolled down through his inventory, but all of his stock appeared to be the same - a Poké Ball table entitled "û". As you mentioned, its shown cost was 8965 Pokédollars, but actually cost 18443 Pokédollars. The amount of money I had was also corrupted, so I could buy as many as I liked (up until the point at which it said "There is no more space for û."). If I exited the purchase frame and returned, my money was re-corrupted.

However, quitting also gave me a freeze, so any further effects of this particular strain of corruption remain a mystery.

Date: 2014-11-21 22:15:43

However, quitting also gave me a freeze, so any further effects of this particular strain of corruption remain a mystery.

I manage to replicate it in Route 117 and found it to not freeze when you quit in this particular route. Oddly, the NPC in this situation is a Item Ball, which would normally be the location of a Great Ball on the side of the route closer to Verdanturf. In fact, leaving and entering the route makes it appear as a Great Ball again. Unfortunately, actually going to your PC fails to show "û". However, the shop once showed items described as a Zigzagoon cushion, but I haven't confirmed if those actually end up in the PC. I think it seems unlikely. I haven't scrolled to bottom of the shop list yet, but random letters tend to show up in the item names. Also, exiting and entering BUY can corrupt the appearance of MONEY in the top-left corner.

Date: 2014-12-07 19:24:32
Here's a minor thing I want to add, as I think someone asked what would happen if an Egg hatched from an Egg with Glitzer Popping.

You should be able to hatch a "-" (hex:019C) with Glitzer Popping, and it will be at level 45, not 5; with glitch moves as usual.

[img]http://i5.minus.com/ib0uLnSpSsSU4d.png[/img][img]http://i1.minus.com/ibfRfzDyPMrR8d.png[/img]

IIRC, I previously breeded two corrupted Pokémon together and got "-" from the Egg, but I haven't tried to replicate this.

I'm interested in its glitch ability. Could someone experienced with GBA language and Emerald check what it does, please?

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-12-09 09:30:23
I know some Decamarks have glitch abilities too.

Date: 2014-12-13 17:17:10
I forgot to mention this, but in the glitch safari zone corruption I experienced, Brendan's overworld sprite became Red's and not just in-battle like how Torchickens was.

I experienced a corruption similar to the store one I had previously. However talking to the trainer displayed my Pokemon party and canceling out brings up the prompt, "Do you want to cancel participation?". Which sounds like it's either a battle facility or contests.

And the quotes of the glitch double trainers after the battle are "??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???" and "I AM STRONG AREN'T I". You can't really do anything after a glitch battle with them though, as the game freezes.

Date: 2014-12-19 18:54:11
I hatched a "SONG" Decamark (hex:0283) at level 0 using EVs of 2 Attack, 131 HP.

[img]http://i1.minus.com/ibfrh6IJxbP4KW.png[/img]

SONG was discovered by Lauryn the Arisen (see this post).

[img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh317/GlitchHunterMutouYami/SONG.png[/img]

This Decamark needed 1024 experience to level 1. It had four glitch moves, as expected.

I put it in the Day Care and it eventually had an Egg with Ditto, letting me get another SONG Egg and it hatched at level 0 again, but this time with no moves, so you could view its moves without a freeze. I tried Rare Candying it to to level 1, but the game locked up after it learned Ice Punch. If I let it learn Ice Punch by Day Care or battle the game wouldn't freeze, however.

I used another Rare Candy and it jumped from level 1 to 100; I have seen something like that before with the "-" glitch Pokémon (hex:019C). It had a really good Special Attack stat, so I taught it a few TM moves (Shock Wave was helpful for Glacia) and swept the Elite Four with it solo. It looked like Lapras in the Hall of Fame induction sequence.

I'm going to try more Decamarks soon, because I want one with Spoink's corruption effect, even though it might be something unique to more unstable Decamarks.

Posted by: Comatose
Date: 2014-12-25 21:39:58
The getting any pokemon isn't working for me anymore for some reason. I tried so many times with new seasors and all im getting is seasor in regular pokeballs as bad egg. Very arely I get them in nestballs but when I try to use it in battle to see what's inside, when I press fight the game crashes :s

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2014-12-27 10:36:09

Here's a minor thing I want to add, as I think someone asked what would happen if an Egg hatched from an Egg with Glitzer Popping.

You should be able to hatch a "-" (hex:019C) with Glitzer Popping, and it will be at level 45, not 5; with glitch moves as usual.

[img]http://i5.minus.com/ib0uLnSpSsSU4d.png[/img][img]http://i1.minus.com/ibfRfzDyPMrR8d.png[/img]

IIRC, I previously breeded two corrupted Pokémon together and got "-" from the Egg, but I haven't tried to replicate this.

I'm interested in its glitch ability. Could someone experienced with GBA language and Emerald check what it does, please?

I don't know what it does, but I have decoded it's name into 3:

A8 C6 2E 08 51 F4 04 08
THUMB:
stmia r6!, {r3, r5, r7}
lsr r6, r5, #0x00
bl $02c51030
(Doesn't show for some reason:  lsr, r4, r0, #0x00)
ARM (more likely:
stmeqda lr! {r3,r5,r7,r10,lr,…(cuts off)}
stmeqda r4, {r0,r4,r6,r10,r12-pc}

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2014-12-27 17:29:28
G3EH tells me it has ability 0xFF. In fact, both of them are 0xFF, so it always has that ability.

As for its Tough/Cute typing, if anyone's interested, that's 0x16/0x14.

Dark type is 0x11. So I'm going to guess 0x12-13, and 0x15 are the other contest types. I wonder if there's any Decamark that has those types.

EDIT: Apparently, Emerald 0x19D ("POUND") has the same typing and ability as "-".

0x1A7 ("DERPUNCH") has 0x12/0x26 typing.

Date: 2015-01-04 14:00:36
Regarding using the hidden party glitch with Seasor.

I figured out that a successful corruption happens when 7F 00 00 00 is at 0202A8B8 in battle and becomes 7F 00 00 40. As you may know, the locations of memory addresses are randomized when you do things such as open the Pokémon menu and start a battle.

Since RNG abuse in Emerald is viable, I wonder if it's also viable to guarantee that your Seasor gets corrupted into the correct good Egg in some way?

I believe GoddessMaria may know this, because GM is good at manipulating the RNG and did it in her Pokémon Emerald glitched TAS.

Date: 2015-01-05 01:59:02
I figured out the way to battle the glitch Hiker, named "[emptyspace] yOCZ"!
You have to corrupt Triathlete Maria in Route 117. As far as I know, this trainers lacks a post-game quote as the game froze once I revived my lead pokemon to "win" against the trainer's Decamark.

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2015-01-06 02:16:10

Regarding using the hidden party glitch with Seasor.

I figured out that a successful corruption happens when 7F 00 00 00 is at 0202A8B8 in battle and becomes 7F 00 00 40. As you may know, the locations of memory addresses are randomized when you do things such as open the Pokémon menu and start a battle.

Since RNG abuse in Emerald is viable, I wonder if it's also viable to guarantee that your Seasor gets corrupted into the correct good Egg in some way?

The value you have is Seasor's PID.
To corrupt a Pokemon into an Egg of another glitch Pokemon, you can only do it with a 0x40 corruption on its PID (or PID + TID for a double corruption, which is good for testing glitch pokemon as you don't need to hatch them).

You can remove the adress randomization with an AR Code, but this would block the Ram Corruption into a single pattern, so you can't perform a successful corruption with this, but you can manually corrupt anything you want more easily.

And yeah, I figured out of a way to increase the chances to get a successful corruption, and to ensure that any Pokemon can be corrupted (simple or double corruption) without any trouble. The slight requirements you need are to not have certain Catch Balls, because this interferes with the 0x40 PID Corruption, and maybe others, but I don't have them in mind.

The way I did this was to get a Pokemon whose data has specific values to manipulate the position of the 0x40 Corruption that happens just next to him (once the Poke is stored in the PC) so that if it lands on the previous Pokemon's PID (the pokemon we want to corrupt), the 0x05 Corruption lands on the specific Pokemon (we don't car about this one, we can clone him and remove the Bad Eggs).

I had a bit of issues with this, but I finally created such a Pokemon with the in-game Seedot and Horsea, so anyone can make Pokemon corruption in its Emerald version with the least amount of issues (Pokemon that you can't transform into Eggs) and the least amount of preparations (catching a ton of Pokemon, resetting a ton of times).

I planned to dug out these files of their folders next week, as I want to complete the procedure I wrote about this, and test the new interesting things that were tested, so I'll provide more files/codes next week (when I'll finish my exams).

I believe GoddessMaria may know this, because GM is good at manipulating the RNG and did it in her Pokémon Emerald glitched TAS.

For GoddessMaria TAS, I provided her a short lua script that displayed a RAM adress to indicate when RAM data positioning would be good to get the Ever Grande Fly Location with a RAM Corruption, as well as one to display the PID of the given Castform, as the leftmost byte of its PID needed specific values to be able to become corrupted along with the Ever Grande Fly Location.
Thus, there wasn't that much time spent into the dummy selection and RAM positioning, once I knew what values would work with her save.

Date: 2015-01-06 06:27:40
Yeah, I knew that re: it being the personality value (and how you must set bit 6 of the most significant byte).

What I didn't know was that the value had to be specifically there (after memory randomization) at 0202A8B8 (for box 2 slot 23 corruption).

Do you know of any other randomized box personality value memory addresses (after you enter battle) for Dots or Seasor that you can corrupt with? I'd also like to know if you can Seasor or Dots corrupt for one that isn't in box 2 slot 23. You probably can but I've never seen it.

Thanks for your reply.