Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 46

Re: Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches.

Posted by: Tabbender
Date: 2018-05-25 18:28:33

I've been messing around trying to get good IVs on double corrupted pokes and I just had a quick question about what miscellaneous data is kept when you hatch an egg from a PID corruption. Obviously the met location and origins info is reset and the IVs/ability should stay the same, but what about ribbons and obedience?

Hatching the egg resets the held item, the experience, friendship, PP bonuses, EVs, contest stats, ribbons, Met Lv & Location, OT and TID of the pokemon, and makes moves 2 and 4 glitchy. It does give you the pokedex entry of the pokemon though, something double corruption doesn't do.

The other way would be to go through attacks->misc but I have had a lot of trouble getting that to work properly. I managed to sketch 0x3FFF just fine but pretty much everything else I have tried sketching crashes the game (0xFFFF, 0FFFE, 0xFFEF, 0xFFDF, 0xFDFF, etc.) and it's pretty time consuming doing all these double corruptions when it seems likely that anything higher than 0xFF00 can't be sketched. Besides, getting obedient mew/deoxys would require four glitch moves which would probably not work.

I tried to Sketch moves 0x3FFF and 0xFFFF as well, and had the same problem (i didn't even manage to Sketch 0x3FFF; my game is in french so there are some differences). Did you try to put the pokemon to sleep and then let it try to attack and use Sketch, and reset until the move it tries to use is the right one ? If you're lucky it might work (though that didn't solve the issue for me).
The best way to get perfect or near perfect IV's still seems to be ACE, but we would need to recalculate the checksum in order to avoid the pokemon turning into a Bad Egg. Or if you know your SID, you could just use RNG Reporter and aim for a frame with good IV's and corruption type (Type 8 is pretty good for "double double corruptions").

Posted by: smoggie
Date: 2018-05-28 21:58:10
Any glitzer popping experts here?
I got an italian copy of emerald and i'm trying to activate events. However i'm struggling to complete even the first part of glitzer popping. By the end of my 2nd corruption, i get a caterpie with "???????" as the item. When i withdraw this item it goes into the general tab and not the key items tab, which implies i didn't get my desired item.

What steps am i missing? I EV trained all my pokemon correctly. The corruption seems to work fine so far as the plusle are heart marked and have only growl and all seedots have nature power as their 4th move. I have a theory that it has something to do with the eggs themselves.

There's a step in this guide i'm using http://archive.li/FoLfk#selection-9.10396-9.10565 which says "check if the egg becomes a seedot/plusle". When i send the egg into battle it has a glitchy sprite with strange colors. Most of the time it's a seedot but sometimes it's a caterpie. From what i can get from this article it's implying that it must be seedot/plusle to corrupt correctly. Can i get someone to confirm this for me please?

Furthermore, i've only ever taken eggs that came from the slot i left seedot in. Does this glitch also work with eggs from the plusle slot? I am yet to try it but would love some feedback.

Date: 2018-05-30 12:30:47

Any glitzer popping experts here?
I got an italian copy of emerald and i'm trying to activate events. However i'm struggling to complete even the first part of glitzer popping. By the end of my 2nd corruption, i get a caterpie with "???????" as the item. When i withdraw this item it goes into the general tab and not the key items tab, which implies i didn't get my desired item.

"???????" is a placeholder name used for items with an invalid id. So you did something wrong with the EV train. Make sure you didn't mix up the Defense and Speed EV's, and that you didn't give your pokemon at least 2 Speed EV's by mistake (this will always give you a "???????" as the item since there wasn't 512 items in gen 3). Keep in mind that if your pokemon has pokerus, the amount of EV's it's going to earn after each battle is doubled.

Posted by: Metarkrai
Date: 2018-06-05 07:35:46

I noticed that the "turn bootstrap Pokémon into an egg" step in the guide is incomplete.  Is it something I need to do (possibly via Pomeg corruption)?

I'm currently working on the bootstrap Pokémon but I just can't get the double corruption on step 1.4 to work.  I followed your guide, but after turning the glitch Pokémon into an egg in the first step of the double corruption (the PID corruption), I can't get it to turn into another glitch Pokémon in the next step (the TID corruption).  I removed everything else from boxes of 1 & 2 after the PID corruption, placed heart Caterpie right before my egg, and am having no success.  Did I likely mess up on EVs?  I would think if I had, it would still double corrupt into something, albeit not what I want.

If you're still stuck there, did you touch the Egg when you obtained it ? (like, to know if it got a PID corruption instead of a TID corruption).
Due to the different trainings on different games, there are too many double-corruption specific criteria to look for, so the "slow" double-corruption (where the Egg obtained after the first corruption must not be touched/moved/have its summary opened) is used instead.

I was thinking that the 4th Move PPs could hinder the success of the corruption, but if that was the case it would have prevented the first corruption of 1.4) to work (and not the second one).

Date: 2018-06-05 16:18:46
By the way, i noticed a strange behavior in my Diamond game after importing pokemon with glitch moves from Emerald.

Basically, now, whenever i import pokemon (regardless of whether or not they have glitch moves), the game will crash upon encountering one of the imported pokemon with a specific pokemon in my first slot. For example, if my first party pokemon is my old Arceus, which i got from a trade as a kid, the game will crash. But if it's my Regigigas, it won't. There's nothing special about my Arceus (except for the fact that it was quite obviously obtained via AR), and it doesn't crash the game or have any weird behavior in any other context.

Sadly i can't do more tests now, because my game had to do clock shenanigans and since i only own one GBA game i have to wait 24 hours before importing (what is even this rule for anyway… ?)

EDIT: Okay so after doing some tests, it seems that whenever i encounter a Pal Park / Safari Park pokemon with in my first slot either a pokemon with glitch moves or my Arceus, the game crashes. What's weird is that regular wild battles don't make the game crash with my Arceus… and even for pokemon with glitch moves, isn't their data supposed to not be loaded when i'm in Pal Park / Safari Park mode ? Other clones of my Arceus i did back in 2008 / 2009 and never touched since then have the same behavior. My RETIRE-acquired Arceus doesn't, though, the fight goes how it normally should. I also tried with pokemon obtained via Pomeg Glitch corruption but without any glitch moves, they don't crash the game. That's really weird because i only noticed that recently, even though i did many gen 3 => gen 4 imports as a kid and probably had my Arceus in the first slot at least once, i don't recall the game ever freezing in this context.

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-06-17 02:58:53

I noticed that the "turn bootstrap Pokémon into an egg" step in the guide is incomplete.  Is it something I need to do (possibly via Pomeg corruption)?

I'm currently working on the bootstrap Pokémon but I just can't get the double corruption on step 1.4 to work.  I followed your guide, but after turning the glitch Pokémon into an egg in the first step of the double corruption (the PID corruption), I can't get it to turn into another glitch Pokémon in the next step (the TID corruption).  I removed everything else from boxes of 1 & 2 after the PID corruption, placed heart Caterpie right before my egg, and am having no success.  Did I likely mess up on EVs?  I would think if I had, it would still double corrupt into something, albeit not what I want.

If you're still stuck there, did you touch the Egg when you obtained it ? (like, to know if it got a PID corruption instead of a TID corruption).
Due to the different trainings on different games, there are too many double-corruption specific criteria to look for, so the "slow" double-corruption (where the Egg obtained after the first corruption must not be touched/moved/have its summary opened) is used instead.

I was thinking that the 4th Move PPs could hinder the success of the corruption, but if that was the case it would have prevented the first corruption of 1.4) to work (and not the second one).
I've been busy and haven't been trying ACE (or checking this site) lately, but yes, I am still stuck here.  I don't believe I touched the egg, but I can't be sure.  I assume my best bet is to redo the bootstrap Pokémon, right?  Unfortunately I didn't clone along the way, so I'll have to start all over with that part.

Date: 2018-06-17 05:03:30

I've been busy and haven't been trying ACE (or checking this site) lately, but yes, I am still stuck here.  I don't believe I touched the egg, but I can't be sure.  I assume my best bet is to redo the bootstrap Pokémon, right?  Unfortunately I didn't clone along the way, so I'll have to start all over with that part.

Unfortunately, in any case like that, you always have to restart the double-corruption process because you cannot infere with the Egg's data to make it corruptible again (because it's an Egg).
Normally, having a working first corruption but a failure of the second corruption is due to you moving the Egg (like putting it into your party to check the species inside), as not touching it will always make the second corruption work (since the Pokémon's data isn't updated in any way).

Posted by: Misdreavus
Date: 2018-06-17 06:48:29
Unfortunately, in any case like that, you always have to restart the double-corruption process because you cannot infere with the Egg's data to make it corruptible again (because it's an Egg).
Normally, having a working first corruption but a failure of the second corruption is due to you moving the Egg (like putting it into your party to check the species inside), as not touching it will always make the second corruption work (since the Pokémon's data isn't updated in any way).
Thanks.  I'm starting over.on the entire bootstrap process (beginning with making the Pokéblock recipe).  I have to put the cursor on the egg to see if it's an Egg or a Bad Egg after the first corruption; this is okay as long as I don't grab it, right?

Also, as for corruption initiators that are not turned into Eggs or Bad Eggs, can I use those again for a future corruption?

Posted by: ImAFurry
Date: 2018-06-19 08:42:02
I'm using pyramid bag items to trigger ACE, and sometimes I need item "Nothing" (I suppose that's 0x0000). To obtain it do I need to just give 1 HP ev to the Pokemon I'm corrupting? And how will it look like? (supposing it would be a blank space in the bag).

EDIT: I saw in a post from Metarkrai in order to trigger ACE easily that you need these glitch Pokemon
- Obtain the Glitch Pokémon :
Emer Fr : Poké 0xFAFC (250 Atk, 252 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer US : Poké 0x96F9 (150 Atk, 249 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Spa : Poké 0x94D1 (148 Atk, 209 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Ita : Poké 0xE354 (227 Atk, 84 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer Ger : Poké 0xE368 (227 Atk, 104 HP)(Party Slot 236)

But later in the post it says that the Pokes you need to use are these:
Where "Glitch Pokémon" is the Glitch Pokémon |  Fr : 0x2A3B | US : 0x96F9 | Spa : 0x2A3F | Ita : 0x2A39 | Ger : 0xBA64 | that was previously obtained.

Obviously their HEX is different. Which do I need to use?

Date: 2018-06-19 14:00:13

I'm using pyramid bag items to trigger ACE, and sometimes I need item "Nothing" (I suppose that's 0x0000). To obtain it do I need to just give 1 HP ev to the Pokemon I'm corrupting? And how will it look like? (supposing it would be a blank space in the bag).

EDIT: I saw in a post from Metarkrai in order to trigger ACE easily that you need these glitch Pokemon
- Obtain the Glitch Pokémon :
Emer Fr : Poké 0xFAFC (250 Atk, 252 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer US : Poké 0x96F9 (150 Atk, 249 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Spa : Poké 0x94D1 (148 Atk, 209 HP)(Party Slot 240)
Emer Ita : Poké 0xE354 (227 Atk, 84 HP)(Party Slot 228)
Emer Ger : Poké 0xE368 (227 Atk, 104 HP)(Party Slot 236)

But later in the post it says that the Pokes you need to use are these:
Where "Glitch Pokémon" is the Glitch Pokémon |  Fr : 0x2A3B | US : 0x96F9 | Spa : 0x2A3F | Ita : 0x2A39 | Ger : 0xBA64 | that was previously obtained.

Obviously their HEX is different. Which do I need to use?

They are the first ones.
The second ones are Glitch Pokémon that I previously considered (you can see that they require less EVs to be obtained), but I needed to change that in order to remove some PC Pokémon corruption that was happening.
I didn't see that these identifiants were left, but this is fixed now.

Thanks.  I'm starting over.on the entire bootstrap process (beginning with making the Pokéblock recipe).  I have to put the cursor on the egg to see if it's an Egg or a Bad Egg after the first corruption; this is okay as long as I don't grab it, right?

Also, as for corruption initiators that are not turned into Eggs or Bad Eggs, can I use those again for a future corruption?

Yeah, moving the cursor doesn't refresh the Pokémon data, but grabbing it does.

You can use some corruption initiators turned into Eggs, and some turned into Bad Eggs, but I don't recommend that because you would need to check if there was a PID or a TID corruption that happened, and you would also need some checks on the Bad Eggs.
This would also give you a chance to mistake an Egg for another, and to use an Egg/Bad Egg for a corruption initiator when its data are not fit for that.
So cloning them with a Cloning Glitch Pokémon seems safer and easier for me.

Date: 2018-06-19 15:13:05
Thank you. Now I have 2 more questions left.
This:

And this: I need to give one hyper potion and one elixir to my Pokemon performing the step to set up the items into the pyramid bag. Do they need a specific spot in the bag?

Date: 2018-06-20 14:05:47

Thank you. Now I have 2 more questions left.
This:

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to answer to that part of your post.
Well, "Nothing" is just nothing, don't put any other Item.

I wrote this because for the said code to work, you need to have Item 0x0000 (which is an empty slot) in the Pyramid Bag, whereas for other codes you can technically put other items in the Pyramid Bags without any issue. (but I don't recommend doing this)

And this: I need to give one hyper potion and one elixir to my Pokemon performing the step to set up the items into the pyramid bag. Do they need a specific spot in the bag?

Oh, are these two items also used as "fillers" between Items that need to be put in the Pyramid Bags ?
If not (if you only need these for a setup and not as Items to deposit in the Pyramid Bags), you can put them anywhere you want in your Bag. (put them before all Pyramid Items, or after all Pyramid Items)
Else, you can use Leppa Berries and Sitrus Berries for PP and HP recovery.

Posted by: Roy
Date: 2018-06-21 14:04:14
I'm having an issue corrupting one of my shinies and I can't figure out why. I have three completely legit shinies, two with corruption types misc->growth (useless) and one corruption type 3. For some reason, the corruptions of the type 3 pokemon have a really low success rate; it probably takes around 20 tries to get a successful TID or PID corruption. I believe this may have something to do with the fact that it requires different initiators for each (heart caterpie for TID, pluses for PID) because once I do a successful TID corruption and switch out the initiators, the TID corruption gets reversed a large fraction of the time, much closer to the 6-7/32 figure I see everywhere. It's taking a good two hours or so to do a double corruption, which is not a problem I have experienced yet with my other attempts with other pokemon. The poke I am using was caught at lv 43 (>65535 experience) so that may be a contributing factor as well, I'm just not sure.

Side note: I ran into a shiny poochyena while I was still trying to figure out the above issue, and it seems he is also corruption type three. Also, I apparently have an early shiny frame which is good to know, although that wouldn't help me obtain a variety of shiny corruption types.

Also very interesting, when the poochyena gets the type of corruption that changes the pokemon's name, the entire "ch" gets deleted, resulting in "pooyena." I previously thought that corruption only affected the fourth and eighth letters.

Date: 2018-06-21 14:22:19
I tried to trigger ACE with no result. This is what happened:

When I get the correct DMA Pattern (/220HP Lvl 190) and use the ACE move some text appears(in spanish version, "sultado es  a …"), I press A, then appears "!" and suddenly the game keeps playing the battle music but I'm unable to do anything (just turn down the Game Boy, I can't even soft reset).

I'm using the Bootstrap poke as an egg, I have Poochyena in the right spot (it is sent to battle sometimes instead of the bad egg). I tried to use it without being into an egg and it just freezes.

What can be wrong here? Should I check the ACE move, Bootstrap and items or I can dismiss a step?

EDIT: If I clone at battle tower, would the items placed into the pyramid bag disappear?

Date: 2018-06-22 11:16:45

I'm having an issue corrupting one of my shinies and I can't figure out why. I have three completely legit shinies, two with corruption types misc->growth (useless) and one corruption type 3. For some reason, the corruptions of the type 3 pokemon have a really low success rate; it probably takes around 20 tries to get a successful TID or PID corruption. I believe this may have something to do with the fact that it requires different initiators for each (heart caterpie for TID, pluses for PID) because once I do a successful TID corruption and switch out the initiators, the TID corruption gets reversed a large fraction of the time, much closer to the 6-7/32 figure I see everywhere. It's taking a good two hours or so to do a double corruption, which is not a problem I have experienced yet with my other attempts with other pokemon. The poke I am using was caught at lv 43 (>65535 experience) so that may be a contributing factor as well, I'm just not sure.

Side note: I ran into a shiny poochyena while I was still trying to figure out the above issue, and it seems he is also corruption type three. Also, I apparently have an early shiny frame which is good to know, although that wouldn't help me obtain a variety of shiny corruption types.

Also very interesting, when the poochyena gets the type of corruption that changes the pokemon's name, the entire "ch" gets deleted, resulting in "pooyena." I previously thought that corruption only affected the fourth and eighth letters.

Try with a different corruption initiator, that's what i do when i feel like success rates are low. Also, you should use instant pomeg glitch (save right before the PC, scroll up in the party, check the PC and reset if you got the wrong corruption). 20 tries would take it around a dozen minutes at most with that.
Also very interesting for the Poochyena thing. Maybe your "c" got corrupted into a glitch character that hides the next one ? Not sure if that's a thing, just a wild guess.

I tried to trigger ACE with no result. This is what happened:

When I get the correct DMA Pattern (/220HP Lvl 190) and use the ACE move some text appears(in spanish version, "sultado es  a …"), I press A, then appears "!" and suddenly the game keeps playing the battle music but I'm unable to do anything (just turn down the Game Boy, I can't even soft reset).

I'm using the Bootstrap poke as an egg, I have Poochyena in the right spot (it is sent to battle sometimes instead of the bad egg). I tried to use it without being into an egg and it just freezes.

What can be wrong here? Should I check the ACE move, Bootstrap and items or I can dismiss a step?

EDIT: If I clone at battle tower, would the items placed into the pyramid bag disappear?

The "!" thing makes me almost sure your glitch move is the right one. You description of the DMA check process fits as well; my guess is that you got something wrong with either your bootstrap pokemon or your items. If you still have clones of the pokemon before you corrupt them to get the items, maybe you could use some stats calculators online to get their EV's ? You can get their IV's by leveling up a clone with 0 EV and calcing them (then reset if you don't want to lose rare candies). I used these sites when i did this:
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/Calculators/IV.aspx
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php

Also if it can help, my boostrap pokemon isn't an egg and works just fine.