Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Generation III Glitch Discussion

Gen III: Access Pokémon beyond the sixth slot sub-glitches. - Page 6

Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-20 13:15:20
Can anyone test if you can migrate a Smeargle with a Glitch Move? I haven't beaten the game yet (on this runthrough) so I can't test it yet.
EDIT: I was about to ask: What happens when you try to face Tate&Liza with a Bad EGG? Will the game not allow you to fight them?

Re: Pokemon FRLG/E: Clone Pokémon and get Bad EGGs/Glitch Moves using Pomeg Berry!

Posted by: VaeporSage
Date: 2014-04-20 14:08:18
You can only enter a double battle if you have two Pokémon able to battle beforehand.

I tried to get the Smeargle thing to work today, but of my 32 Bad Eggs, I don't think there's one that has a cool glitch move AND  can outspeed the Smeargle to get it to copy the Bad Egg.

Posted by: luckytyphlosion
Date: 2014-04-20 14:14:28

You can only enter a double battle if you have two Pokémon able to battle beforehand.

I know that, but does Tate&Liza have a special flag or w/e that allows you to battle them with only one Pokémon?

EDIT: I tested it. You can't battle with them as they say "Oops, you only have one Pokémon that can battle…"

Posted by: Kelvinv
Date: 2014-04-20 17:12:04
I wonder what the move events sleep does on Generation III (the move that is generation IV super glitch)

Posted by: pigdevil2010
Date: 2014-04-20 20:58:35

Yeah, I tested both on that one and on the v24m-480 and both reset.

Sigh. I'm using VBA-RR v24 svm480 :-[ *changes emulator*

EDIT: Just got myself VBA-M svn1229 :D

Posted by: voltage
Date: 2014-04-21 02:25:17
So I was trying to corrupt boxes 1 and 2 but I scrolled up around the second point where the last pokemon has a constantly changing status and somehow my berries, TMs and HMs all disappeared from my bag. Luckily, I didn't overwrite my save file.

EDIT:From one of my attempts at corruption, I found that the shiny animation will be retained if the pokemon was shiny prior to becoming a Bad EGG.

Date: 2014-04-21 03:53:31
I got around my Smeargle problem with a convoluted but effective method. I made a Ditto transform into the Bad Egg, then revived my fainted Smeargle and switched into it so it could sketch the Ditto once it used the move.

So I copied the move that's responsible for the Elite Four skip ("a Water move"). I then migrated it to Pearl with no issues. However, this move is very uneventful there…

Attempting to view Smeargle (w/ glitch move)'s summary screen causes a blackout/freeze, and as soon as he is sent into battle, the game freezes also. Unproductive this time, but now I know I can test with other glitch moves in Pearl. I may also trade the Smeargle to HG/SS if I can get my hands on a copy, and once I get my Black version back in a week, I might migrate it to Gen V as well.

Date: 2014-04-21 04:13:17
I have HG but I haven't had any luck getting glitch moves.

Posted by: Kelvinv
Date: 2014-04-21 04:21:26

I got around my Smeargle problem with a convoluted but effective method. I made a Ditto transform into the Bad Egg, then revived my fainted Smeargle and switched into it so it could sketch the Ditto once it used the move.

So I copied the move that's responsible for the Elite Four skip ("a Water move"). I then migrated it to Pearl with no issues. However, this move is very uneventful there…

Attempting to view Smeargle (w/ glitch move)'s summary screen causes a blackout/freeze, and as soon as he is sent into battle, the game freezes also. Unproductive this time, but now I know I can test with other glitch moves in Pearl. I may also trade the Smeargle to HG/SS if I can get my hands on a copy, and once I get my Black version back in a week, I might migrate it to Gen V as well.

you should try the move with assist

Date: 2014-04-21 05:11:33

you should try the move with assist

Oops.  :P

On trying it with Assist, the game declared that Skitty used the move, then nothing happened and the game proceeded as normal. Still, at least no freezes this time…

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2014-04-21 05:27:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KME8eusvRAc

Werster seems to have found that Bad Egg's glitch move turns a trainer battle into a wild pokemon battle (just by viewing the battle menu).

Of course, that means corrupting your game pretty badly so I wouldn't suggest trying it if you care about what's on your save file

edit: is that already in this thread? i'm just reading through everything now!

Re: Emerald possible new cloning glitch with pomeg?

Date: 2014-04-21 05:29:11

Here's another thing I found: an Invisible Bad EGG in my box. It's summary screen crashes the game instantly, and when sent into battle it backsprite is black and it's shiny. It also has no moves.

I have found something similar. Invisible Bad Decamark. Interestingly enough, when put in your party, its party sprite when visible is either a shiny palette of a party member or shiny Bulbasaur. Unlike the Invisible Bad EGG it's safe to look at its summary.

Date: 2014-04-21 05:51:21
So is it possible to catch trainers' Pokémon by turning the battle into a wild battle?

If so, there's a nice shiny Espeon in FR/LG's Trainer Tower I'd like to get my hands on…  :D

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2014-04-21 06:43:51

So is it possible to catch trainers' Pokémon by turning the battle into a wild battle?

If so, there's a nice shiny Espeon in FR/LG's Trainer Tower I'd like to get my hands on…  :D

I would have thought so!  Of course, you'll be getting a few hundred bad eggs to go with that Espeon.

edit:unedited the edit because sage is too fast at replying :P

Date: 2014-04-21 06:47:12
I've already corrupted my Emerald. I'd only need to send over the Smeargle with the funky move once I clone it.

Google also tells me that there are some other shinies (Meowth and Seaking) to be picked up there too.  8)