Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 110

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-15 00:16:51

I'd like to note that the whole concept of only being able to run with "Running Shoes" on is retarded. For example, as a general rule I don't run, yet when forced to I can easily manage in flip-flops. Pressing a button and suddenly appearing on a bike (sans helmet) is also a bizarre mode of transportation.

But for that little guy in the game, there is no button and a bike just magically appears under his feet.

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-08-15 00:41:18

I'd like to note that the whole concept of only being able to run with "Running Shoes" on is retarded. For example, as a general rule I don't run, yet when forced to I can easily manage in flip-flops. Pressing a button and suddenly appearing on a bike (sans helmet) is also a bizarre mode of transportation.

But for that little guy in the game, there is no button and a bike just magically appears under his feet.

But at the same time his shoes have a button he must press to run in. As evidenced by the fact that when the trainer's mom reads the instructions for the shoes, she always says something along the lines of "Press the B-button to Run". So, technically, he's not to not only wear special shoes to run around, but he's also got to push a button on said shoes each time he wishes to run.

Maybe we've been playing as a handicapped trainer since R/S/E? It's my only logical explanation.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-08-15 02:02:33
Maybe the character's normal running speed is what we think is the walking speed, and the Running Shoes are super secret special awesome shoes that use B-Button-activated magic to speed up.

Off-topic

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-08-15 09:39:38
I couldn't help but do this.

[left]MissingNo. Ahhh. One of the most famous glitches in any game ever created. If you go to the old man in Veridian City, he will ask if you want to see how to catch a Pokemon. Say yes. WRONG! He asks you if you're in a hurry, and you say no for that capture demonstration to happen.

Then, have a pokemon that knows "fly" take you to Cinnebar Island. Use "surf" up and down the EAST [right] side. You will eventually run into a pokemon known as Missingno. OR 'M. It will just be a glitched up pile of fuzz that resembles a backward "L" shape. It will either be past level 100, or at level 0.WRONG AGAIN! 'M is the one that appears at level 0.
It will know completely random attacks, and if it gains a level, it will evolve into Khangaskahn. WRONG! 2 Water guns and Sky attack, only 'M evolves into Kangaskahn. Only way this could be slightly correct is if they're talking about Ghost or Fossil MissingNo, which still doesn't evolve.
Be warned though, this will ruin your game if you catch it. No it won't.
Graphics will be glitched, True, true, but only if the stats are viewed of the glitch. To get back to normal, view an unglitched Pokemon's stats.and random freezing will occur. WRONG AGAIN!!! The freezing only occurs when trying to withdraw a level 0 'M from the PC! However, whatever item you have in the 6th slot you will gain a lot more of. Wow, correct for once.[/left]

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-15 10:27:38

Wow, sounds like you really hate 'em.

(Did you know that theres a cheat in pokemon blue. after you get the new shoes, hold B to go extra fast while walking!)

Running Shoes weren't introduced until Generation 3. :P

I know, I said that because of how Glisp mentioned how:

1. they put stuff up that Isn't cheats
2. they put up false 'cheats'

I made it so both of these elements. were infact true.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-15 11:38:48

Actually according to the in-game description (at least in generation 2 anyway.) It says that it is a colapsable bike. That explains why it just magically appears. (Well partially anyway. The other part is that the creators didn't want to make additional sprites of the bike uncollapsing.)

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-08-16 01:14:26
Anyone seen the new Lazer Collection?

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-16 02:03:45
Still, I don't know how the bike fits, even if it is collapsible.

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-16 07:13:01
why not get rollerskates? ALOT EASIER!!!

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-08-16 10:10:16

Anyone seen the new Lazer Collection?

You mean 3?  Hell yes!

[spoiler]DR. OCTOGONAPUS BLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

Posted by: Oddcake
Date: 2009-08-16 16:21:51
yeah dude its hilarious!

OpenID

Posted by: fivexthethird
Date: 2009-08-16 18:44:03
This is fivex using openID.

I wish we would upgrade so I could set my open ID to be used with my account.
On another note, I can not get openID to work with nanogames.
:/
(We have changed hosts, plus got a free redirectios domain name just so you know)
I'll go back to my normal account now, it's wierd not having a avatar :/

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-08-16 21:45:56

(We have changed hosts, plus got a free redirectios domain name just so you know)

I can change you to openID after I check some things.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-08-16 21:53:32

I can change you to openID after I check some things.
Thanks. You should be able to change yourself… on SMF 2.0 RC1-2, you can change it freely.

Posted by: Oddcake
Date: 2009-08-16 22:42:30
So has anyone here played spewer?