Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 248

Re: The Glitchy Thread of Topiclessness (#3)

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2018-10-08 17:15:11

this affects all of like 5 people, right?

EDIT: FUCK the image didn't upload due to "security settings set by an administrator"
lowdown is US news says G+ is closing due to a huge breach

Google said up to 500,000 users had been affected.

holeefuk.jpeg

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2018-10-08 18:03:41

this affects all of like 5 people, right?

EDIT: FUCK the image didn't upload due to "security settings set by an administrator"
lowdown is US news says G+ is closing due to a huge breach

Good fucking riddance.

Here's an archived article from The Verge about it.

Google is going to shut down the consumer version of Google+ over the next 10 months, the company writes in a blog post today. The decision follows the revelation of a previously undisclosed security flaw that exposed users profile data that was remedied in March 2018.

Google says Google+ currently has low usage and engagement and that 90 percent of Google+ user sessions last less than five seconds. Still, the company plans to keep the service alive for enterprise customers who use it to facilitate conversation among co-workers. New features will be rolled out for that use case, the company says. Google is focusing on a secure corporate social network, which is odd considering this announcement comes alongside news that the company left profile details unprotected.

ITLL TAKE 10 MONTHS TO FULLY SHUT DOWN THE SERVICE

In addition to sunsetting Google+, the company announced new privacy adjustments for other Google service. API changes will limit developers access to data on Android devices and Gmail. Developers will no longer receive call log and SMS permissions on Android devices and contact interaction data wont be available through the Android Contacts API. That same also API provided basic interaction data, like who you last messaged, and that permission is also being revoked.
As for the Gmail changes, the company is updating its User Data Policy for the consumer version of the email service. This will limit apps and the scope of their access to user data. Ben Smith, Google fellow and VP of engineering, writes: Only apps directly enhancing email functionality such as email clients, email backup services and productivity services (e.g., CRM and mail merge services) will be authorized to access this data.

Any developer who has this access will be have to undergo security assessments and agree to new rules about data handling, like not transferring or selling user data for targeting ads, market research, email campaign tracking, or other unrelated purposes.

Google previously tried to quell privacy concerns earlier this year after The Wall Street Journal detailed how common it is for third-party app developers to be able to read and analyze users Gmail messages. At the time, Suzanne Frey, the director of the companys security, trust, & privacy division of Google Cloud, emphasized that users should review what apps have access to their accounts and revoke it if necessary. Last year, Google announced that it would stop its long-standing practice of scanning the contents of individual Gmail users for advertising purposes. Of course, the company still has plenty of data it can target advertisements against, like Search history, YouTube views, and other Chrome actions.

These most recent changes are being attributed to an internal Google effort called Project Strobe, which involved a review of third-party developer access to Google account and Android device data and of our philosophy around apps data access, according to Google.

DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK

Posted by: Spoink
Date: 2018-10-16 23:29:23
DICK DICK DICK DICK DICK

also good riddance g+ nobody liked you

DANNY DANNY DANNY DANNY DANNY

Posted by: Sherkel
Date: 2018-10-17 14:48:41
When you realize post titles exist… :P

Long time no see, anyway!

YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT IF YOU READ THIS SUBJECT LINE

Date: 2018-10-17 17:24:43
>Trying to write novel
>Keep thinking I should go back and add a scene here or there
>Or add a chapter between two others for whatever reason

Honestly, everything so far seems like it should be happening a chapter later than it is (I'm on chapter 5 right now but it feels like it should be chapter 6, my brain decided this morning).

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2018-10-19 16:47:43

I have to be a Cartoon Network character for Halloween.

Ideas?

Following up on this: I ended up going with Numbuh One from Kids Next Door.

Date: 2018-10-20 11:09:50
I used to go to classes dressed as this character on Halloween:
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6c03i1BE0q4/Ud7FAuaot3I/AAAAAAAAq0w/b5E4cKTXbhs/w0/Sube+tu+render+%2528si+lo+tienes+en+-alice+margatroid.png[/img]

Posted by: ISSOtm
Date: 2018-10-21 07:53:22
So I just finished a game jam, where I made a Game Boy game.
If you want to try it out, here is Down Syndrome!

Date: 2018-10-21 08:00:38

So I just finished a game jam, where I made a Game Boy game.
If you want to try it out, here is Down Syndrome!
Wow, very nice work! How long did this take to put together?

Date: 2018-10-21 17:49:33
Twenty-two hours, me as the programmer, some buddy as the graphist.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-11-03 17:24:08
Sonic saving Pikachu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf12_AaWCWQ

Date: 2018-11-05 08:31:54
In retrospect, I think Gen 4's OST is really good, at least for trying something different from the previous games. I haven't listened to the whole OST yet, but already I can tell that dang, Route 216 is blessed ^^

Date: 2018-11-05 13:43:48

In retrospect, I think Gen 4's OST is really good, at least for trying something different from the previous games. I haven't listened to the whole OST yet, but already I can tell that dang, Route 216 is blessed ^^
I don't think I'll ever be able to say I truly like it, either due to a general distaste for the composition (which is odd, considering it's RSE's team with Aoki swapped out for Sato) and sound design (needlessly "soft" in comparison to what came before and after it) or sheer contempt for the time in my life where I got the most exposure to it. Either way, Route 209 (Night), Valor Lakefront (both versions), Team Galactic HQ, and the Elite Four battle theme all qualify as keepable tunes to me.

About Halloween, I didn't end up doing that this year…I'm getting to the age where it's harder to cover certain things up and didn't have the necessary equipment when the time came. I still plan to, of course.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2018-11-05 14:14:50

"Haaaave you tried out the Mystery Zone (song)?! It's a song every hacker could call home"

Complete lyrics

Same, I like a lot of Generation IV music too personally, not all of them but a few like Route 206, Route 209, Route 216, Lake (not Valor Lakefront though), Eterna Forest, Jubilife City.

I don't think I'll ever be able to say I truly like it, either due to a general distaste for the composition (which is odd, considering it's RSE's team with Aoki swapped out for Sato) and sound design (needlessly "soft" in comparison to what came before and after it) or sheer contempt for the time in my life where I got the most exposure to it. Either way, Route 209 (Night), Valor Lakefront (both versions), Team Galactic HQ, and the Elite Four battle theme all qualify as keepable tunes to me.

I think with me sometimes it depends on my mood. Not sure how to express it though.

About Halloween, I didn't end up doing that this year…I'm getting to the age where it's harder to cover certain things up and didn't have the necessary equipment when the time came. I still plan to, of course.

I relate with that, I'm in my mid 20s. Also the charm of it has gone a little, but someone I knew a bit older than me dressed up as a Nintendo character and had great fun (won't reveal more in interest of his privacy).

Date: 2018-11-06 18:45:01
I remember using an AR code that basically turned the Poketch's calculator into a sound test, coming across the Global Terminal music and wondering what the hell legendary this music was for.

Gen II probably has my favorite music. It's all so punchy and memorable. I remember hearing the legendary battle theme for the first time and seeing Entei and being all like "HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT."