Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

General Discussion

The Member's Guide to Topiclessness - Page 210

Re: The Member's Guide to Topiclessness

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-10-09 19:00:06
It's unnerving.

Also why does no-one come here anymore ;-;

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2014-10-09 23:13:43
It's unnerving.

Why does it unnerve you? People are who they are, and it is a good thing that they are willing to express that. It is completely normal.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2014-10-09 23:31:00

It's unnerving.

Why does it unnerve you? People are who they are, and it is a good thing that they are willing to express that. It is completely normal.

Certain people are scared of change. At least, that's what i'm piecing together.

Also why does no-one come here anymore ;-;

Simple, We're older and have more responsibilities, at least that's the case for me.

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-10-10 00:32:26

Not like I ever post on GCLF, but I'm trans so I go by she/her/hers now.

Truth be told, when I first started talking to you, I thought you were a girl for some reason. Must have been the name, because I don't know how else I could have assumed that.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2014-10-10 09:34:30

It's unnerving.

Because one is changing so much about who one is that they pretty much become an entirely different person.

Date: 2014-10-10 10:35:23

Because one is changing so much about who one is that they pretty much become an entirely different person.

I know a transgender, and she is pretty much the same after the operation. [size=1pt]annoying as fuck[/size] The only thing she changed was a penis to a vagina.

Certain people are scared of change. At least, that's what i'm piecing together.

called it.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2014-10-10 11:24:41

It's unnerving.

I disagree, if anything's changing it's how the person sees themselves. They come to the realization "Hey, maybe I'm not really [concept] here" - it's like if someone had an interest in something, but realized "Y'know, I don't ever think I actually liked this and was just deluding myself". Having known Maralis for close to 9 years now, I see nothing different about her as a person, she's still the exact same person she was before she realized this critical fact about herself. She still likes all the same things as before (Pokemon, Touhou, video games, writing, programming Fivequestionmarks, being lazy), but she's now more enlightened about herself and who exactly she is than before. So, in a nutshell, there's nothing really different about her as a person, and they certainly aren't "an entirely different person".

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2014-10-10 11:44:39

It's unnerving.

I disagree, if anything's changing it's how the person sees themselves. They come to the realization "Hey, maybe I'm not really [concept] here" - it's like if someone had an interest in something, but realized "Y'know, I don't ever think I actually liked this and was just deluding myself". Having known Maralis for close to 9 years now, I see nothing different about her as a person, she's still the exact same person she was before she realized this critical fact about herself. She still likes all the same things as before (Pokemon, Touhou, video games, writing, programming Fivequestionmarks, being lazy), but she's now more enlightened about herself and who exactly she is than before. So, in a nutshell, there's nothing really different about her as a person, and they certainly aren't "an entirely different person".

I agree with Derx here, Maralis is still the same old person we all know and care about. She's just as rational and friendly and everything Derx already mentioned now as she was back then.

Date: 2014-10-10 13:58:32
TL;DR

So anybody playing any fun games recently?

still fucking called it.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2014-10-10 15:33:19
Super Smash Bros. 4, as usual. Also gotten back into old Sanic games recently, particularly Sonic R. Also rediscovered the joys of Akinator.

[size=1pt]Sonic R's soundtrack is godly and anyone who disagrees has shit taste.[/size]

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2014-10-10 16:19:27

Super Smash Bros. 4, as usual.

Speaking of Sm4sh, the Wii U version releases on the same date as ORAS. I can already feel my social life slipping away come November 21st.

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-10 20:17:47

It's unnerving.

If the only thing that changes about someone is their gender, and you think that makes them a different person entirely, then it reveals you have some form of prejudice about genders and think they can only be defined a certain way, no?

I admit I haven't spoken to Maralis or for that matter a lot of people in quite a while now, but she doesn't seem that different to me other than a field in her profile. Still reppin gangstas all across the world and whatnot.

So anybody playing any fun games recently?

Still playing Smash 4, and I will probably continue not doing anything else until November 21st when ORAS comes out. Wait, what? You guys get the Wii U Smash 4 already then? We have to wait till like December here.

At least we get the New Nintendo 3DS. Which definitely needs a better name.

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2014-10-12 22:06:25

Not like I ever post on GCLF

:(

Also why does it seem like half everyone I interact with on the interweb is transgender

In this time period it is more sociably acceptable, and quite possibly a trend at this point, or at least in some cultures.

Not a trend so much as there are many more trans people than most people realize.

Not that i have a problem with transgenders or anything, but i am highly against parents giving that operation to their 4 year old kids because they want it. That's like giving up your kid because he/she would rather live with jimmy's parents or some shit, its fucking retarded.

They don't get an operation until later on in their teens or after they turn 18. They don't get any other treatment either, except for possible counseling, because at that age there's no apparent difference between children of both sexes, except for a few masses of cells. Calling them by, using the pronouns of, and treating them as their gender is enough. Later on they get puberty blockers, which delays puberty until they can decide whether they want a different puberty, and is generally safe.

Oh and Mugendai/Maralis/Whateverthefuck, Congratulations, and i hope the surgery went well.

Please don't bring up someone else's genitals in the middle of a (public) conversation, especially if it's with someone else you don't know well. Furthermore, not all trans people get surgery.

Date: 2014-10-12 22:54:49
*censored by the FCC due to EXTREMELY OFFENSIVE MATERIAL GAIS*

I just got a 2ds with the money I saved up from my job, and have been eyeing smash 4, but oddly enough I heard some complaints about smash 4. I heard that the game is horribly unbalanced and that you can spam side dashes and be invulnerable as there isn't any frames in between dashes. Can somebody verify that for me?

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2014-10-20 07:03:55
So I decided to jump on the current bandwagon.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/bZimSXB.png[/img]